Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Desire More Pro Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Desire More Pro Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Desire More Pro Pod kit is the latest and the first, Pod Kit from somewhat popular vape manufacturer Desire. They have made a lot of good stuff over the past year or so including the mad dog V2, rage and cut squonkers, and mad mod. They are moving away form ebuildales sadly and into pods like every company and this is their 1st attempt so we’ll see how it goes. The More Pro is a simple tall skinny pen style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1000mah battery and is button press to fire. It’s available in 3 colors Black, Red, and Blue. They sell them directly off their site for 22.90

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimension: φ19mm * 103mm
  • E-juice Capacity: 2ML
  • Body Material: Aluminum
  • Voltage Output: 3.0V ~ 4.2V
  • Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
  • Resistance: 1.2Ω
  • Charging: Micro USB port, 5V/0.8A
  • Firing Mode: Button activated
  • Indicator: Three-color LED
  • Built-in rechargeable battery
  • 4-6 times refill life
  • Advanced chipset with low voltage protection, 10s firing timeout protection.
Coil/Pod Details (1 option)
  • 2mL Capacity Juice Pods
  • Pod Coil Resistance: 1.2ohm
Included in box:
  • 1 x More Pro Pod System
  • 2 x Pod Cartridges
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
  • 1 x Instructional Manual
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The More pro is simple tall round pen styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or innokin EQ. Design wise it’s very similar to a wellon stan. It’s a really good size all things considered. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a average capacity of 2ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 1000mah and it’s a direct output device and the resistance is 1.2 ohms so it vapes around 8-14 watts depending on battery charge. It features built in USB charging with a listed rate of .8A. I tested this 1 time with an inline USB meter and for the max charge rate it charges at .99A max so actually a bit underrated and a 1A listing would have been better. It charges full in about 1 hour and 40 minutes. Battery size wise i got 948mah so no complaints there. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as, which is all i’m looking for so good ratings. It does not have passthrough vaping which is odd and should be the standard so i’ll ding them there. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself.

The More Pro is very nicely built, but very lightweight as well. Paint wise i have the Blue which is a matte blue body. I think it looks nice and shows no signs of wearing either No complaints or wearing on the paint. The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is a standard rubber plug on the side of the pod. My only complaint is it’s a little thin so you can’t get the bottle tip in the hole, you have to rest it on top so it can buble back and be annoying to fill at times. The hole should have been a little bigger.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a button to fire device. There are no modes or settings but you can click fire 5 times to turn it on and off to pocket. The LED is around the fire button and bright enough to see but not really when vaping. U can tap fire to light it up to see your charge though. When vaping or pressing the fire button the color lets you know the battery charge. Green means Full to 40%, Yellow means under 40% and Red flashes when it’s dead. So really it’s just a 2 step system and not well spaced out. They should have had a better battery meter. The pod is fully exposed which is nice but it’s also a bit tinted. I wish the pod was clear however it’s not too dark so it is relatively easy to see your juice level so I can’t complain too much. I would prefer it not to be tinted though.

Coil Performance and details
The Desire More Pro Pod Kit comes with 2 Pods which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is only 1 coil option which is a 1.2 ohm coil. No specs on wire material or wick though. I used both included pods. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. The draw is a solid MTL. it’s not super tight but not too loose. Flavor wise though it’s not very good, it wasn’t awful but not even tier 2 level. It was just vapeable. It also does not wick very well and needs to be babied and can't be chain vaped. Life wise i got 6ml out of the 1st coil, and the 2nd coil didn’t even last 1 pod. Upon taking apart the 1st pod (the one that lasted 6ml) it was burnt out badly and the cotton was way too much and too tight. It’s like double the amount that should be in there. That explains some of the issues for sure. Overall not very good flavorwise and really poor life wise. They need to fix the pods

Pros:
  • color options (3 total)
  • Average 2 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • good rating for charge rate
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • good battery life
  • comes with 2 pods
Cons:
  • Battery meter spacing is poor and needs and extra step or 2
  • below average flavor for a pod system
  • Fill hole is a little too small
  • No Passthrough Vaping
  • clear pods would have been better
  • Poor coil life
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one i have to lean towards the no pretty heavily. It’s not the worst pod i’ve had but it surely isn’t good enough to recommend. I wouldn’t bother with it. The device needs some changes but overall is nice, but the pods need a lot of work to be a viable product. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Desire Designs

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors