Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Coil master Marvn RTA review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Coil Master Marvyn RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Coil Master Marvn RTA is the latest RTA from coil master and the 3rd one i’m reviewing in the past few months, the 1st two being the elfy RTA and the Ray RTA. The Marvn is the biggest of them all measuring at 26mm diameter with a generous 5ml capacity. It’s a dual coil RTA for DTL vaping. It’s available in only SS or black colors.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm in diameter for Glass tank
  • Max 26mm in diameter for Deck
  • 43.5mm in height (not including drip tip and 510 contact)
  • Capacity: 5ml
  • Weight: 65g
  • Big capacity over to 5ml
  • Funnel-shape designed Delrin Drip tip
  • Air-releasing Top fill design
  • Dual adjustable air flow control
  • PEEK insulator
  • Gold plated bottom pin & base
  • 304 Stainless steel
Included in box:
  • Marvn RTA x1
  • Extra glass x1
  • Extra screws x2
  • Clapton coil x2
  • O-rings x6
  • Cotton x1
  • Manual x1
Pictures Album:
https://imgur.com/a/q1WVc

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty happy with the design of it. It’s the kind of RTA that’s right up my alley. Dual coil , DTL, good amount of air and a nice 5ml capacity. Some may find it to be a bit big, especially with the 26mm base, but for me i don’t mind the big one’s at all. All the threading was nice and smooth and easy to take apart for the initial cleaning which i like. There is no juice flow control (JFC) on this atomizer instead it’s similar to the reload and rta RTAs in that regard.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a semi unique deck. Not anything groundbreaking or brand new, but not something i’ve seen often in an RTA. It’s a level deck but there is some room for “top and bottom” leads since you can use the bottom of the clams for 1, and the top of the clamps under the screw for the other. They include a set of good quality flat head screws as well as a pair of flat head spare screws. Both coils have to be installed at the same time since it is a 2 post so the coils each share a post. No separate holes or screws to install each lead separately. Due to this i believe it will be difficult for new builders , but experienced builders should be able to build on it easily, but probably won’t enjoy it. I personally did not enjoy building on this. As far as where to place the leads, i have seen some reviews on here say to do things a certain way, I don’t believe this to be true, it really depends on the size of your coil. For larger coils you can use the outside of each screw or one inside and 1 outside. If you do a smaller coil you can use both insides. With smaller coils you can fit a 4mm coil in pretty easily but it’s a little tight. With a larger coil you’ll want to stop at 3mm ID. personally i like 3mm ID coils and think it’s the way to go overall in this RTA.

Wicking is pretty easy as well, the wick holes are clear and easy to see with plenty of room. To avoid dry hits you’ll want to really fluff out your leads to allow it to wick good. I had no issues chain vaping with fluffed up wicks. I also had no leaks, but I would get minor flooding if i took too long to fill (dripper bottle) which cleared up after a couple of puffs so not a big deal. Worth a mention though.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only as intended. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, 1 more fancy, and one simple round but with 22G kanthal so pretty thick wire. All Builds 3mm-4mm ID. It’s a RTA that really needs a decent sized build but doesn't need to be huge. As you can see above with my 5 wrap fused clapton build it’s not very large at all. It’s a good amount of air and DTL for sure, but less than you would think. I always kept the air wide open, never felt a need to close it down. It’s a pretty straightforward RTA. Overall the flavor was l above average for a dual coil RTA. and works well with medium and large builds for DTL vaping.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA and the AFC is smooth and it’s on a stopper, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off it and has some knurling for grip. It has a top fill where you unscrew the top and have 2 massive juice fill holes. Easy to fill with any bottle or pouring it in. There is knurling on the top cap and threading is great so it’s easy to unscrew. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it. There is plenty of room for thick juices. Works well with any juice i used in it. It comes with a wide bore 810 delrin drip tip You can use any of your own. All mine seemed to fit well. There is no 510 adapter

The quality is good, all the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s easy to take apart. It’s a 26mm diameter so could have some minor overhang depending on your mod. The 5ml capacity is good for a dual coil RTA. There is no JFC and it’s not GTA style much like the wake RTA. I had no leaking issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well provided you wick it very lightly, but you could get minor flooding if you take a while to fill it up. A JFC would have been nice for sure.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Standard 810 Drip tip
  • good quality post screws (flat head)
  • price point (30 bucks)
  • above average flavor
  • large capacity
  • large fill holes
Cons:
  • Lack of color options
  • build deck can be hard to build on for some
  • a bit on the large side (26mm base, and pretty tall)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean a little towards the yes. If you don’t mind the deck it’s a very good performing RTA at an affordable price that's well made with a large capacity. It’s worth adding to the list for sure.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Coil Master

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors