Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Coil Art Mage V2 RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Coil Art Mage V2 RTA Mini. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample and should be the retail version.

Introduction:
The Coil Art Mage V2 RTA is the latest RTA from somewhat popular long time vape manufacturer Coil Art. Their original Mage RTA a few years back was quite popular and while I haven’t reviewed a lot of their products I did really like the azeroth RDTA for it’s time a lot more than the popular avocado 24 and limitless and their Azeroth Mech squonker was really nice as well but I wasn’t a fan of the Dpro RDA. This is the first actual RTA i’m reviewing from them. The Coil Art Mage V2 is a dual coil DTL RTA with postless deck and optional 5.5ml bubble tank so right up my alley personally. It’s available in 5 colors Black/Gold, Gunmetal, Black/Rose Gold, Golden, and SS and listed at 41.99 on their site so a decent price point.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm diameter x 46mm overall height
  • 24K gold plated ss postless deck
  • 29pcs Φ1mm diameter Honeycomb Airhole
  • Top lid with knurling design, easy to screw out
  • 810 drip tip
  • 3.5ml juice capacity
  • Extra 5.5ml PCTG Bubble Tube included
  • Extra 510 drip tip adapter included
  • Golden plated stainless steel decoration
  • Color: SS, Black Golden, Black Rose Golden, Gun metal, Golden
Included in box:
  • 1 X MAGE RTA V2
  • 1 X EXTRA BUBBLE TUBE
  • 1 X ACCESSORIES BAG
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed. I have the gunmetal and it looks beautiful not a dull gray like some gun metal atomizers but a shiny actual gunmetal color. It has knurling everywhere it needed to be for grip. I love the included PCTG bubble tank which looks like a smokey slightly tinted color and the drip tip to match it on top of a gold accent line on the drip tip to match the gold that shows through on the build deck through the glass. Just really nice and it’s all gold plated. On top of that DTL dual coil postless deck, bottom airflow RTA? Right up my alley personally. I was pretty impressed from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic Postless deck. Noting different or special with a ramp style airflow around it. Kind of like a dual coil kylin mini RTA. The post holes are nice and large to accommodate any wire type. The post screws are nice quality hex grub screws which are my favorites and 4 spare ones are included. The screws come in from the side however so flat wires like fused claptons will twist leads when installing. Personally I pre-twist leads for atomizers like this. Since it is postless you do need to precut your leads. I found 5-7mm as the best length for me depending on how thick the wire is and then bent them out towards the side portion of the ramp airflow. Plenty of room as well to fit a 4mm ID coil. I didn’t go bigger than that but maybe it’s possible too, it’s just limited by shorting on the top of the chamber but 4mm fits fine. Overall it’s an excellent deck that’s easy to build on but may not be ideal for new builders because postless decks aren’t always the easiest to build on since you have to pre-cut your leads.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just make sure not to overstuff them and drop them right in the cutouts made for them and leave a little bit of room. Really simple and easy to wick

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in it. 3 fancy builds at 3mm ID, 3.5mm ID, and 4mm ID and once simple round build at 4mm ID. It’s DTL for sure, not restricted but not crazy airy either for a dual coil. Pretty similar to the single coil Kylin mini. Which on the mini felt like too much for only one coil but feels just right in the mage V2. Performance was excellent from this RTA and it really shined with the 4mm ID build and just enough wraps to line up your leads with the post holes. The simple round build was just ok and the smaller fused claptons was still great. Overall easily one of the 2 best RTAs i’ve had this year flavorwise along with another one I reviewed earlier this week. It has been a pleasure to vape on and will likely make my best of 2018 list because the flavor is so good. Works really good in the 50-100 watt range.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 2 medium sized holes one on each side shaped like a dumbbell, that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. It’s easily adjustable on or off mod except when you use the bubble glass on mod can be a little tricky. But really nice, good about stiffness without being too stiff or too loose. Very well done. It also has plenty of knurling for grip. The air is nice and smooth, no whistle on any setting but is a little on the louder side.

The top fill is your standard screw off the top cap to expose the fill holes. Great threading on it and nice knurling on the outside make it really easy and simple to screw on and off. The fill holes are massive and can be filled with any type of bottle or just pouring it in from a glass bottle. There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 drip tip that looks like a smokey PMMA one, and a nice 510 adapter that’s easy to get in and out with knurling on the adapter. Much better then most adapters i’ve seen. It comes with a standard 3.5ml tank and a Smokey colored PCGT 5.5ml tank. I love the look of the PCGT tank personally and chose to use that one most of the time. I read a little on PCGT and it’s supposedly very durable and better than polycarbonates. Plenty of extra o-rings and 4 spare post screws as well and an allen key. Would have been nice if they threw in a coil or 2 and some cotton but not a big deal.

The quality on the Coil Art Mage V2 is excellent. Feels like it’s worth more then the price tag for sure and not your typical 40 dollar RTA. All the threading is really nice and smooth. The deck is all gold plated as is the 510 pin. Knurling everywhere it should be. Easy to take apart, and the coloring looks excellent. It’s a 24mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out as long as you don’t use the bubble tank. It’s also one of the shorter RTAs as well at 46mm tall. The 3.5ml capacity is a bit small for a dual coil RTA but with the bubble tank you get a nice 5.5ml capacity which is good. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside and just the coil art logo on the chamber inside the glass on one side. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA.

Pros:
  • Excellent Build Quality
  • Nice matching standard 810 tip and 510 adapter
  • excellent quality hex grub post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Excellent threading
  • Gold plated Deck and 510 pin
  • nice easy to build and wick postless deck
  • nice smokey 5.5ml bubble tank included
  • plenty of spare o-rings and post screws
  • excellent flavor
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle on any setting
  • Simple top fill design
  • really short and small
  • great knurling everywhere it’s needed
Cons:
  • Air flow could be quieter
  • Postless decks aren't really beginner friendly
  • including a set of coils and some cotton would have been nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. I had to be pretty picky with my cons to find any really. I loved vaping on this RTA and so far it is in my top 2 dual coil RTAs this year along with another one i reviewed this week and likely will be on my best of list for 2018. If you want a dual coil RTA that pumps out flavor this is one of the best ones yet. I’ll be adding it to my sheet

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Link: http://coilart.net/coilart-coilart-mage-rta-v2-black-golden

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Coil Art

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors