Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Coil Art Blazar Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Coil Art Blazar MTL Kit . Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Coil Art Blazar Kit is the latest Kit from somewhat popular manufacturer Coil Art. Coil Art hasn't made a lot of stuff but their mage series of RTAs was very popular and their mage v2 and 2019 are still some of the best RTAS to buy on the market. They’ve made some good attys for sure and their kits have always been niche and this one is no different. The Blazar Kit features a single 18350 tube mod and a MTL RTA. It’s available in 5 colors. The RTA itself is silver to go with an all silver mod or a silver mod with 3 resin tube options (green, purple, and yellow) and the 5th color is all black (RTA and Mod). Looking around online a few china sites have them for pre order or you can buy directly from coil art and the kit runs around 80 bucks.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 24x98mm
  • 4.0ml Juice Capacity
  • Single Coil Build Deck
  • Child Proof and Leaking Proof
  • Chip Protection
  • 3.0V-4.2V Working Voltage
  • Support 0.15Ω-3.0Ω
  • 18350 Battery Compatible
  • Side Mounted Firing Button
  • Bottom Adjustable Battery Cap
Included in box:
  • 1 X Blazar Mod
  • 1 X Blazar RTA
  • 1 X Extra Glass Tube
  • 1 X Accessories Bag
Picture Album:
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this kit I was pretty surprised. It looked like something that would have been very popular 5 years ago but that seems to be the trend lately. I was pretty surprised by the mod, from the pictures I assumed it would have been a tiny internal battery regulated mod which would make sense for a mini MTL kit like this. Almost like a geekvape flint kit, but instead it takes an external 18350 battery. Which I don’t have and really aren't popular so I had to order a couple to even start this review funny enough. I wonder how many reivewers said fuck it and just opted not to use the mod instead lol.

Blazar Mod Overview
I’m going to give a quick overview of the mod. There isn’t much to it at all. It’s a single 18350 battery mod and I didn’t have any of those so I had to order batteries to do this review. They say it has protections on it but don’t list what they are. The only protection I can confirm is reverse polarity. The battery goes in positive side down. If you put it positive side up, it won’t fire. There is no way to turn it off when the battery is connected. To disable the mod you have to unscrew not the battery cap, but on the bottom the connection plate so the battery isn’t making contact with it. It’s a typical locking system seen on a mech mod. Outside of that, it works and gave me no issues. All the threading is nice and it feels well built. It’s a very nice item but it does work fine and gave me no issues powering the RTA. All it has is 1 fire button on the side and you hold it to fire. Nothing more on the mod really. The best way I can describe it is a mech with a kick. The old school vapers will probably remember when those were popular.

Blazar RTA Build Deck and Wicking
Let’s talk about the build deck now. While it seems many of the new MTL RTAs are using an old school screw head style deck, the Blazar actually offers a much better one the recent RTAs. It’s a simple 2 post deck with posts on the same side so your coil leads will go the same direction. The post screws are good quality hex grub screws and the pose holes are nice and large. Really simple and easy to use deck and a great build deck one of the bets i’ve seen recently on a MTL RTA. The screws come in top down as well so if you used a superfine MTL clapton coil or any flat wire it wouldn’t bend the leads. Overall, it’s a simple build deck that works great.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks very well so no tips or tricks really needed. Just fluff up your cotton and put it in the dedicated wick holes. Doesn't need to be super thin. Just make sure not to overstuff and you will be good. I had no issues with any leaks or wicking this RTA and it handled chain vaping great. It’s GTA styled as well (slightly raised deck) which is good for being easy to wick.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Performance and Airflow
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 1 small hole on the inside under the coil, and for the intake holes there is only 1 on one side that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. There are 6 sizes and you can only use 1 at a time. The smallest hole it’s a solid MTL and the largest hole it’s a restricted DTL and the 4 other holes allow for a loose MTL as well. Really good options. It doesn't get as tight of a draw as say a berserker or glaz mini, but it’s plenty tight for MTL and offers a wide variety. Really nicely done. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper and has nice knurling for grip and very easy to adjust.

Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only obviously. It’s made for smaller coils but has plenty of reem to go 3mm ID or even bigger, but since it’s MTL 3mm is probably the biggest you’d want to go. It works really well in the 2-3mm ID range. Flavor for MTL is up there with the best MTL RTAs I've used in the past year or so. Very good performance for a MTL RTA. no complaints from me there

Misc RTA information, Build Quality, and Filling/capacity
The top fill is like the aspire tanks (tigon and odan) where it’s a slide back fill but it also locks so it won’t open up in your pocket. You have to pull up on it then side it back. The hole location is marked via a teardrop marking on the top cap. It’s very smooth and easy to pull up and slide back. It has 1 large fill hole that has one of the flapper so you need to use a fine tip bottle to fill. All the threading is really nice on this RTA and it’s easy to take apart and put together. Really nice quality. Accessory-wise it comes with only 1 drip tip sadly though which is a standard 510 metal/frosted tip. I wish they would have included a 2nd option but you can use any of your own 510 tips. It comes with 2 standard glass tanks. They are the same size and 4ml standard so great capacity. 1 set of extra o-rings and 4 spare post screws (all hex grub screws) and an Allen Wrench. No cotton or coils though. Feels a little light on the accessories but good enough.

The quality on the Blazar RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s a 24mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out. The 4ml capacity is great for a MTL RTA. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside at all. It’s very clean looking with just knurling on the AFC and the top cap for looks and grip. Kind of reminds me of my Mjolnor RDA. I love that they kept it clean and added the nice knurling. Also with the mod in the kit it has an AIO style look as well with the RTA sitting flush with the tube.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • good quality post screws
  • large fill hole
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • good flavor for a MTL RTA
  • nice smooth AFC
  • no whistle or loud air on any setting
  • love the top fill design
  • really short and small kit
  • 6 air options and made for a solid MTL to restricted DTL vape
  • large 4ml capacity
  • excellent build deck
  • easy to build and wick
  • color options (5 total)
  • mod works as it should
Cons:
  • Only 1 drip tip included
  • RTA not sold seperate and kit is very niche
  • uses a very unpopular and option lacking size battery (18350)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this Kit? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one is interesting. I wish they sold the RTA separate as it would be an easy yes for me. It’s one of the best MTL RTAs and really looks and feels worth more than what it would cost on its own. People pay over 100 bucks for an RTA like this in the “high end” market. Sadly I don’t see that as an option which means you need the whole kit, and people are not going to want to pay 80 bucks if they have no plans on using the mod just to use the RTA. It’s just the way the market is. If the RTA was in the 30-40 dollar range and sold seperate it would be a great buy. The mod is nice and works as promised but too nice for most. If a kit like this is up your alley it’s worth the 80 bucks for sure, but if it’s not and you only want a RTA, I'd save some money and buy one of the 40 dollar or less ones on the market currently rather than paying extra for a mod you won’t use. I’ll be adding this to my sheet of recs linked down below, but in the unique/niche section. If they ever sell the RTA separate i’ll add it as a MTL RTA as well

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Coil Art

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors