Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire Tigon AIO Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Aspire Tigon AIO Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Aspire Tidon AIO Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Aspire. They have been around for a long time and have made some nice mods, tanks, and pods so have a pretty good track record overall. The Tigon AIO is a simple rounded rectangle shaped style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1300mah battery and button press to fire. It’s available in 4 colors Black, White, Orange, and Red. Looking around online I see it pre order out of china for around 30 bucks.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 109.5 x 31 x 23mm
  • Colors: Black, White, Red, Orange
  • Battery Capacity: 1300mAh
  • Bypass Output Mode
  • Single Fire Button Operate
  • Output Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
  • Intelligent LED Indicator Light
  • Twist-Lock Connector
  • 2A Fast Charging System
  • Type-C Fast Charging Port
  • Pod Capacity: 4.6ml
  • Convenient Bottom E-Juice Refill Design
  • Slider Airflow Control Design
Coil Options
  • Tigon Coils
  • 0.4ohm, 23-28W
  • 0.7ohm Mesh Coil, 20-25W
  • 1.2ohm, 10-12W
Included in box:
  • 1 x Aspire Tigon Battery
  • 1 x Aspire AIO Pod
  • 1 x Tigon Coil 0.4ohm
  • 1 x Tigon Coil 0.7ohm
  • 1 x Type-C Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

Tigon AIO Battery Rundown
TheTigon AIO is a rounded rectangle style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are replaceable and you can reuse the pod like the Breeze 2, nautilus AIO or Nord. Design wise it’s very similar to the nord. It’s a good size all things considered. There is an adjustable air like their breeze 2 and nautilus AIO which is great and they improved the adjustment location so it’s now it’s a slider right on the front of the device. Really nice design there. Sadly it makes very little difference though and is a restricted DTL vape no matter where the slider is. Only a slight difference when turned all the way down. It has a great capacity of 4.6ml, one of the largest I've seen in a pod system. The battery is listed at 1300mah and it’s a non-adjustable direct output device. It features built in USB charging (USB C) with a listed rate of 2A in the manual. I tested this with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at 1.28A max so it’s overrated. 1.5 would have been closer so i’ll ding them there. Still it charges full in 1 hour so charges fast. Battery size wise i got 1174mah so no complaints there.Close enough for me but 1200 would have been a better rating. Good specs overall but wish the listed ratings were more accurate. It also has passthrough vaping as well (pauses charging) so you can vape it while charging. No Drip tip, the mouthpiece is part of the pod itself.

The Tigon AIO is very nicely built but has some weight to it. Feels really solid in the hand. Paint wise I have the black which is a matte black finish to it. It looks great and no signs of wear on the battery. It also has 2 panels which seem to be the same on both that are shiny and look dark but when hit with light mine look blue. It looks really good. The pods attach to the battery via a switchblade system and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. You just line up the notches then do a half turn to lock it into place. To replace the coils they just pop into place and are held in by o-rings like the nord instead of the screw in style of the breeze 2. You just remove the pod and then pull the coil out of the bottom to replace. Another cool feature like the tigon tank is the pod has a JFC that’s automatic so when you pull a coil it locks the juice inside. No need to empty the pod to replace a coil. The filling is pretty basic. Just a simple rubber plug on the bottom of the pod. You just pop open the rubber plug and fill.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 1 button which is a fire button. Click fire 5 times to turn on or off. You can tap the fire button to see the battery charge as well. The battery LED is around the fire button and is Green(>3.8V), Blue(3.5V-3.8V),Red(<3.5V). Good spacing but a 4th step would be nice but most pods have 3 steps so can’t really complain. The pod is fully exposed as the top of the device but of course as always it’s dark tinted so hard to see juice level sadly. Wish they used clear pods or offered them.

Coil Performance and details
The Aspire Breeze NXTtigon AIO Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod but 2 coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 3 coil options for this kit which are the same as the tigon tank coils so I've used and reviewed several times. Those 2 are the .4 ohm and 1.2 ohm but only the .4 ohm is included from those 2 options. The other included one is a new .7 ohm mesh coil. I started with the new coil and ran 20ml through it and it was still good so really good life. Flavor wise is some of the best I've had in a pod as well. I used 50/50 20mg nic salts in it. Then I re-used the .4 ohm coil again to see consistency and it was great as well. I ran 10 ml of 20mg 50/50 nic salts and 10 ml of 70/30 3mg juice. Both worked great and the coil was still good. Basically after reviewing tigon coils in like 3 different devices they’ve always treated me well as one of the best coil series for pod systems.

Pros:
  • color options (4 total)
  • Massive 4.6 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • Adjustable Air
  • good size for easy portability
  • good battery size and charge rate
  • charges fast (about 1 hour)
  • pods are easy to remove and install as are coils
  • reusable pod (just replace coil)
  • easy to fill
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • comes with 2 coils
  • can change coil without emptying pod
  • Great flavor for a pod system
  • great coil life and consistency
  • Passthrough Vaping
Cons:
  • battery meter could benefit from a 4th step
  • slightly overstated ratings for battery size and charge rate
  • Pods are dark and hard to see juice level
  • air adjustment isn’t very meaningful
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the yes. It’s one of the best pod systems I’ve used and I’ve used a ton of them. Tigon coils are great and the device itself is really nice and everything you can want in a pod system. I added this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors