Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire Speeder Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Aspire Speeder Kit.
Disclaimer: The speeder was sent to me from aspire

Introduction:
The Aspire Speeder is a dual 18650 200 watt mod from aspire and is the latest mod in the catalogue. It features 200 watts, Voltage mode, bypass, watt curve, TC for SS, Ni, Ti, and a Custom TCR mode. Available in 3 colors, black, white/gold, and silver/grey with matching tank. The Athos is a 25mm sub ohm tank with 4ml capacity. It comes with 2 coils one rated for 60-75 watts and one for 100-120 watts. It has a metal sleeve to protect the glass and give it some style. It’s a top fill bottom air tank with a proprietary tip that fits over a stem much like the cleito and the tip included is clear and also a black one as well

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dimensions: 88mm by 46mm by 31mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-200W
  • Voltage Output Range: 1-8.4V
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Ni200, Titanium, and 316 Stainless Steel Compatibility
  • TCR Mode - 3 Memory Slot
  • CPS Mode - 3 Memory Slot
  • Ergonomic Contour
  • Modernized Design
  • Stealth Firing Bar - Squeeze to Fire
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • Hinged Battery Door Cover
  • MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades
  • 510 Connection
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 4mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • High-Quality Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Metal Protective Sleeve
  • Athos Coil System
  • 0.3ohm A3 Triple-Coil Head - rated for 60-75W
  • 0.16ohm A5 Penta Coil Head - rated for 100-120W
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Dual Bottom Airflow Control
  • Sloped Clear Widebore Drip Tip
  • Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • Detachable Structure
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Speeder 200W TC Box Mod
  • 1 Athos Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.3ohm A3 Triple Coil
  • 1 Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
  • 1 Replacement Glass Tube
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
vRtSjTF.png

Spreadsheet:
LwwGYFN.png

Stock Shot :
aspire_speeder_200w_tc_starter_kit_silver_gold_and_black_2.jpg

Size Comparison:
aY5QfPJ.jpg

510 pin internal:
des0uET.jpg

Front:
VvxoPv6.jpg

Back:
1Je8X56.jpg

Side:
RD7B6Qy.jpg

Box:
M5MAmme.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the looks and shape of it. It’s a good size for a dual 18650 mod. Kinda shaped like the g class but slimmer. It has a fire bar as well that’s responsive. The entire top half is clickable on it. The color for the gold and white version is really nice especially with the matching tank. It has a good size screen that’s bright with plenty of info and has an accelerometer to auto rotate the screen. Gone is the 5 button menu system from the archon however. It’s a more common 3 button mod now. Pressing up and fire lets you cycle through the modes which features power, voltage, bypass, watt curve, TC, and TCR. every mode you can ask for. 3 clicks goes into stealth mode and 5 clocks to lock. Overall really impressed with the feel, looks and options on this mod from the start

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .1, .14, .19 and .46 for the high resistance test. The mod reads resistance pretty accurate sometimes .01 low and reads live resistance in power mode. The wattage testing points were max watts (200), 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .1 ohms the mod maxed out at 214 watts and 46 amps. Meaning it does it’s full 200 and then some even at .1. The rest of the testing it hit high 3-10 watts. At the .14 test it maxed out at 214 watts and the rest of the testing hitting high from 1-10 watts. For the .19 test it maxed out at 217 and the rest of the testing hit high 1-14 watts. For the high resistance test of .46 it maxed out at 118 watts and 7.363 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 3-11 watts high. My max wattage overall was 217 so it does reach the 200 promised and exceeds it.The max amps (46) is above for a dual battery mod. Most are around 40-45. It could be even higher as well since i maxed the watts out at .1 already. The 7.363 volts is solid as well for a dual battery mod. Most are around 7. Some a little less. The mod never got hot or warm in my testing. overall one of the cooler running mods out there. The output was smooth and consistent.It’s a very good performer in power mode that usually hit a little on the high side and meets it’s specs to my satisfaction. Overall I find this to be an excellent performer in power mode. The watt curve also works great as well and is easy to program on chip.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode. I tested 7 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coil and Fancy dual coil builds. With all builds I found the mod to work excellent. It has great dry hit protection, the throttle isn’t too hard and it’s smooth and not pulsy at all. The ramp up time is great and you can set your watts up to the 200 limit by pressing plus and minus to enter the power setting. Best between 400-480 depending on how hot you like it. I like a warm vape personally and found around 450 to be good for me. Overall it’s everything you want from a TC mod. Accurate, good ramp up, consistent, and dry hit protection with a smooth vape. It also features a TCR mode if you want to adjust it but i found no need to.

Other Usage Notes
The mod is built really well. The 510 pin is excellent. It’s secured from the inside and properly grounded (pics above) it gave no issues with any atomizer i put on it. It also has something i haven’t seen on another mod. An additional oring on the positive pin, which will further help prevent any leaks from getting inside the mod. Excellent idea IMO. It also provides an extra level of short protection as well as keeping the positive pin centered. I’d like to see more mods do this. The battery door is like the g class and locks into place and is easy to open and close no issues. The fire bar works great and has a large area of use not just the top but the whole top half of it. They have a QR sticker on the back you can scan to take you to the help page as well. Nice touch for new users. The mod sits flush with a 25mm atomizer. The menu is easy to use although i liked the old one better with the extra buttons personally. It’s a symmetrical mod so good for right handed or left handed vapers. I don’t have any gripes with this mod really.

Athos Tank
The included tank is the new Athos tank from aspire. It’s a bottom air, top fill sub ohm tank. It’s 25mm diameter and holds 4ml of juice. I’m not aware of any cross compatibility with the coils. It has a proprietary drip tip that goes outside a stem that comes out of the top. The top fill hole is a little small. Works fine with bottles but can’t dump juice into it. The top cap is delrin threaded which is a con in my book. I’m not a fan of non metal threaded parts as i question their longevity. The tank has a metal sleeve that looks cool and protects the glass in case of a fall but costs it some capacity. The glass from the factory came on stuck to the orings. Removing the glass caused me to break the glass and the orings. I haven’t had any issues since using the spare glass and orings after breaking the original. It’s a tall tank compared to the aspire cleito tanks but only a little taller then a baby beast tank.

Performance wise it came with 2 coils. The A5 coil (.16 ohms 100-120 watts) and the A3 coil (.3 ohm 60-75 watts) The A5 coil i used first i found it best around the 120 marker but since the speeder hits a little high it was likely around 125ish. Flavor was just average and not as good as the cleito exo or celtio 120. The coil had average life at about a weeks usage. Next up was the A3 coil. Again i found it best around the 70 watt mark but seeing as the mod hits high probably 75-80ish. Half air closed off. Still the flavor was pretty average for a 70-80 watt coil. It also had average life at about a week. I’m not aware of any RBA head option currently. Overall performance wise, it’s just average but compared to the cleito series which are great tanks it falls way short IMO so i consider it a disappointment from aspire as i expected better based on their history.

https://www.elementvape.com/aspire-speeder-200w-tc-box-mod

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Pros: Mod
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Easy menu
  • comfortable shape
  • Large Bright Screen
  • Watt curve mode
  • Voltage mode
  • color options with matching tank
Pros: Tank
  • Good looks
  • metal frame protects glass
Cons: Mod
  • TCR uses a % instead of standard number we are used to
  • hits a little high in power mode
Cons: Tank
  • Threaded delrin top cap
  • Proprietary drip tip
  • No RBA i’m aware of
  • flavor is just average
  • glass came stuck to orings
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I’ll start with the mod. As both a power and temp control mod i’m going to lean very heavy towards the yes. It’s another great mod by aspire but this time with improved build quality and looks. I struggled to find any cons and had to be super picky to just find one and it’s barely a con at that. I’ll be adding this mod to my list. For the tank i’m gonna lean towards the no. Unless you 100% want the matching tank, I think your money would be better spend on a better tank. It doesn't match up with the cleito line or even come close and has too many nagging cons.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Aspire for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

The Speeder kit is available here https://www.elementvape.com/aspire-speeder-200w-tc-starter-kit for 69.95 or the mod itself for 54.95 here https://www.elementvape.com/aspire-speeder-200w-tc-box-mod

VU Sponsors