Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire K1 Stealth Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Aspire K1 Stealth Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Aspire K1 Stealth kit is one of the latest Kits from longtime vape manufacturer Aspire. They Have been around for a long time and have a good history of making good products. Their last few mods I reviewed, the puxos, skystar, and speeder were all good, their pods like the spryte, AVP and breeze 2 were good, and their latest kit the tigon kit was good too. The only misstep i’ve seen from them in the past 2+ years is the nautilus AIO so overall pretty impressed with their products so far, so let's see if the K1 stealth can live up to that. It’s available in 2 colors Black and Silver. I see them for pre-order only but pretty cheap as low as under 25 bucks

Manufacturer's Specs: K1 Battery
  • Size: 68 x 39mm
  • Colors: SIlver, Black
  • Built-in 1000mAh Battery
  • 8W. 10W, 12W, Three Working Wattage Setting
  • LED Light Indicator
  • Micro USB Port For Charging
  • Automatic Cut-Off
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Over-Charge Protection
  • Over-Heat Protection
Manufacturer's Specs: K1 Plus Tank
  • 16mm diameter
  • 2.4ML E-Juice Capacity
  • Coil Material: Nichrome + Organic Cotton
  • 1.8ohm, 9-13W
  • 1.6ohm, 6-11W
  • Compatible With Aspire BVC Coils And Spryte Coils
  • Convenient Top E-Juice Refill Design
  • 4 Bottom Airflow Adjustable Slots
  • 16mm 510 Magnet Adapter
Included in box:
  • 1 k1 Stealth Mod
  • 1 K1 Plus Tank
  • 2 Nichrome Coils(1.6ohm, 1.8ohm)
  • 1 Metal Connecting Ring
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

K1 stealth kit quick rundown
I’m just going to do a quick overview of the mod itself (people who read most of my reviews know where this is headed now lol), but first I just want to say it’s pretty funny for someone who has vaped as long as i have to watch all the trends come full circle. It’s common in many industries especially fashion and whatnot, but when it comes to technology it’s pretty rare and funny to see things go backwards in a sense. It would be like seeing a small non touch screen flip phone announced. Anyway with that said, the K1 stealth is a semi adjustable (8w, 10w, 12w) sidecar mod where the tank connects inside the mod. They were the rage probably back in 2015-2016ish but died off after that. It doesn’t have much room to fit a tank so outside the included one which is the K1 plus a 16mm diameter tank, not many others will fit in this device. The K1 tank uses the classic aspire BVC coils which are pretty well known by this point so not concerned with the coils really. Same ones from my spryte review as well as other aspire attys like the CE5, ET-S, K1, and K2. It’s a small sidecar mod with a 16mm MTL tank that uses coils that have been around for a long time.

Major Issue Spotted
Ok so yeah we knew where this was going. There is a unique thing about this kit. Where we’ve all come accustomed to screwing our tank into out mod, the K1 stealth kit decides to throw that out the window. Instead it comes with a magnet which screws onto the tank and becomes the negative connection point from the tank to the mod and also holds it in. On an annoying level the tank rattles around in the mod and can even be flicked out pretty easily. On a more important level, the connection is poor leading to lots of misfires and vapes cutting out and just overall a poor performance. The positive spring on the mod is too strong for the magnet and the connection is weak at best. The only way i got it to fire consistently is by manually pushing the tank down or in myself. Now i know pod systems use magnets but most of them aren’t using i as a connection but instead to hold to the battery where there are 2 spring loaded connection points so make good contact. Pods are also very light. What we have here is a heavy tank that is too heavy to be held in place with the provided magnet and a positive spring loaded pin that pushed up stronger then the negative battery can pull down. I have no idea how this design made it through to production to be quite honest. They should fix this before it hits the market and push it back ASAP cause if it releases as is, nobody should purchase this.

Conclusion
No pros, no cons, etc etc. Most people should know i’m not going to recommend this device after reading my review. It’s a rare stinker by aspire. Their worst product in the past 3-4 years was probably the nautilus AIO and it wasn’t even bad so i’m pretty surprised such a solid company would make this device but that’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors