Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire AVP Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Aspire AVP AIO Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Aspire AVP AIO Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from popular vape manufacturer Aspire. They Have been around for a long time and have a good history of making good products. Their last few mods I reviewed, the puxos, skystar, and speeder were all good, their pods like the spryte and breeze 2 were good, and their latest the tigon kit was good too. The only misstep i’ve seen from them in the past 2+ years is the nautilus AIO so overall pretty impressed with their products so far, so let's see if the AVP can live up to that. The AVP is a simple style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 700mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 5 colors Grey, Black, Purple, Rainbow, and Orange. Looking around online it’s available on pre-order only and i could only find it on one site for 28 USD out of china.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 82mm by 39mm by 14mm
  • Construction: Zinc-Aluminium Alloy
  • Battery: Integrated 700mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Wattage Output Range: 8-12W
  • Red Light - 8W
  • Blue Light - 10W
  • Green Light - 12W
  • Capacity: 2mL Capacity Juice
  • Coil Resistance: 1.2ohm Integrated Coil Resistance
  • Button: Power Adjustment Button
  • Heating Element: Nichrome
  • Protection: Short-Circuit/Overcharge/Over Heat Protection
Included in box:
  • 1 x Aspire AVP Device
  • 2 x Aspire AVP Refillable Pods
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
  • 1 x Lanyard
  • 1 x Warranty Card
  • 1 x User Manual
Coil Options
  • AVP pod, 1.2 ohm, 2ml, ni80
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Aspire AVP is a simple oval-ish styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or innokin EQ. It’s a good size all things considered not super small but not large. It’s pretty close in size and design to a renova zero. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a average capacity of 2ml (so TPD compliant). The battery is listed at 700mah so a good size and can last around 2 pod fills per charge. It features built in USB charging the list at 1A on their sitel. I tested this 3 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .89A max so good rating there. It charges full in about 1 hour. Battery size wise my 3 tests had results between 676 and 682 mah so close enough to the 700mah listed. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as, which is all i’m looking for so good ratings. It does have passthrough vaping as well. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The Aspire AVP is very nicely built, but has a little weight to it due to the full metal body. The coloring is also nice. I got the grey one which looks like a somewhat shiny gunmetal. There is no wearing on the paint on mine so far.

The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely with no wiggle or play. To remove the pod just pull it out. The filling is a spring loaded fill port just like the ones on the renova zero. I’m not a fan of these personally at all, but this one is less stiff then the renova ones and worked pretty well. I was able to easily use any bottle to push it in and fill it and also fill it up the whole way. It can get a little messy with bubbles though as air needs to escape. Not a big deal but worth the mention so overall it works well enough, but i’m not a fan and would much rather have a rubber plug with 1 large hole or 2 small holes for the fill port. Sometimes simple is best.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s a inhale to fire device but does have 1 button at the bottom of the top under the aspire where the LED shines through. That button allows you to turn the device on or off by clicking it 5 times. There are 3 power output modes 8 watts (red), 10 watts (blue), and 12 watts (green) which you click the button twice to cycle to the next mode. Holding down the button shows you the mode it’s in. When vaping the LED is active to show you battery charge. Green means Full to 3.8V, Blue means 3.5V-3.8V, and Red means below 3.5V. Good enough battery meter not great but not bad. While charging the LED shows you the current charge level and when full will turn off. The pod is fully exposed so seeing your juice level is mostly easy. You don’t need to remove it or turn upside down to see. The only thing making it not 100% easy is the tinting. The pod is tinted way too dark. Not sure how many times i have to point this out in reviews, but it makes it way too hard to see your juice level. Clear pods would have been better.

Coil Performance and details
The Aspire AVP Kit comes with 2 Pods as it should. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There is only 1 coil option which is a 1.2 ohm ni80 coil. I used both pods that came with it until they burned out. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. With that said flavorwise it’s a Tier 1 for sure. It’s one of the best pod systems i’ve used flavorwise along with the breeze 2, nord and renova zero. It chain vapes great too with no issues. It works great on all 3 settings as well but personally i prefer the medium or high. Lifewise I got 14-16 ml per pod of juice so very good lifewise. I typically look for at least 10 ml from a pod system coil so it passes that for sure. Overall very happy with the performance of these coils.

Pros:
  • color options (5 total)
  • Good 2 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice simple looks
  • Good LED
  • nice paint job
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size and charge rate
  • charges fast enough (1 hour)
  • great flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • good enough battery meter
  • price point for device
  • adjustable output settings
  • good battery size
  • passthrough vaping
  • comes with 2 pods
  • inhale to fire worked great every time
  • good coil life
Cons:
  • Pods are tinted too dark (makes it harder to see juice level)
  • not a fan of the fill method
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans heavy towards the yes. It’s one of the best pod systems i’ve used so far and while they didn’t reinvent the wheel here, it’s basically the aspire version of the renova zero. The 2 are pretty similar in every way which isn’t a bad thing at all and this one is just as good as the renova zero. I’ll be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors