Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Artery Pal 2 x Tony B Pod Kit Tech Review. Hype Met Or Fail?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Artery Pal 2 Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Artery Pal 2 Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from not well known vape manufacturer Artery. They haven’t made much and were most well known probably for their nugget mod and personally the only experience i have with them was when i reviewed the pal mini which was awful due to poor coils so we’ll see if they stepped it up with the pal 2. The Pal 2 is a simple slim rectangle style AIO Pod with refillable pods and a built in 1000mah battery and button press to fire. It’s designed in collaboration with popular youtube reviewer tony b. It’s available in 12 colors total. 9 plain colors Red, Rainbow, Purple, Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Metal Gold, Tiffany Blue, and Blue and 3 with panel designs labeled as 3d cube, dazzle blue, and ocean shell. Elementvape has them in stock in the USA for 34.95 for the kit, and replacement pods for 3.95, and replacement coils for 8.95 a 5 pack so good price point as well.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Made in Collaboration w/ Tony B. of Vapor Trail Channel
  • Dimensions - 83mm by 43mm by 17mm
  • Integrated 1000mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • 3mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Durable Aluminum 6063 Construction
  • Single Button Operation
  • LED Battery Life Indicator
  • Replaceable Pod & Coil Design
  • Adjustable Airflow Design
  • Removable Door Panel - Exposes Pod Cartridge
  • Side-Fill Method - Sliding Panel
  • Micro USB Charging Port
Pod/coil Details
  • Replaceable Pod & Coil Design
  • Wood Pulp & Cotton Materials
  • 3mL Refillable Pod Cartridge
Coil Options
  • 0.6ohm Mesh Coil - Rated for 15-23W
  • 1.2ohm MTL Coil - Rated for 7-12W
Included in box:
  • 1 PAL 2 AIO Device
  • 1 0.6ohm Mesh Coil
  • 1 1.2ohm MTL Coil
  • 1 Extra Silicone Plug
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Spare Parts
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Artery Pal 2 is thin rectangle style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are replaceable and you can reuse the pod like a Breeze 2 or Nord. It’s a good size all things considered. There is adjustable air as well which most pods don’t have which is cool, However the air on mine was super hard to adjust and i needed to use a small screwdriver to get it to budge so it’s sadly kind of useless. It has an above average capacity of 3ml. The battery is listed at 1000mah and it’s a direct output device. It features built in USB charging and they list a charge rate of .8A max. I tested this 1 time with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .79A max so excellent rating and good enough for the battery size. It charges full in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Battery size wise i got 951mah so no complaints there. Pretty damn good ratings on their part for sure. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most (pauses charging) so u can hit it while it’s charging. The drip tip is part of the pod itself and not replaceable like most.

The Artery Pal 2 is very nicely built, but kind of lightweight as well. Paint wise i have the Gun metal which is a matte greyish body. Very basic but nice. No complaints or wearing on the paint. The pods attach to the battery via a spring system inside the body of the device. To remove the pod you have to remove the side panel which is held on via magnets then push down on the pod and slide it out. Works well and easy to do and the panel fits nice with no play. To replace the coils they unscrew from the AFC and screw into the AFC like a breeze 2 or nautilus AIO and the coil with the AFC screws into the pod. The filling method is solid and works well. It’s a standard rubber plug with a large hole and the plug is on the side so you don’t need to remove the pod to fill it. Just remove the plug and leave it sideways and fill. Works well so no complaints there.

Usage is pretty easy. It has 1 button just a fire button on the side. Click fire 5 times to turn on or off. You can tap the fire button to see the battery charge as well. The battery LED is on the bottom of the front above the USB port and bright enough to see good. When vaping or pressing the fire button the color lets you know the battery charge. Blue means Full to 50%, Purple means 15-50% and Red means 15% or less. Good enough meter and pretty standard on most pods but a 4th step would be nice and the spacing should be better. It doesn't change colors until half dead when most pods will change at 60-70% charge so i’m going to ding them there. It also doesn’t turn red unti way too low. They should have spaced it better. The pod is fully enclosed in the body. It’s only lightly tinted so easy to see juice level but disappointing that you can't see it without removing the side panel. Design-wise that’s my only major complaint from tony B there, they should have added a juice window.

Coil Performance and details
The Artery Pal 2 Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod but 2 coils which is great. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. There are 2 coil options for this kit a 1.2 ohm and a .6 ohm coil. One of each is included. I used all 50/50 20mg juices in this device. With that said, remember what i said about the only other device i reviewed from them earlier in the Pal mini? Well sadly the same rings true here. Flavorwise both coils were barely vapeable or tolerable. On top of that, neither coil even lasted me a full 3ml pod worth of juice. Just awful coil performance and now artery is 0 for 2 with me as far as coils for their pods. Overall poor flavor and poor coil life.

Pros:
  • color options (12 total)
  • Above Average 3 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • nice fitting side panel
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size and charge rate
  • charges fast enough (about 1 hour and 30 mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install as are coils
  • reusable pod (just replace coil)
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • led is easy to see for battery meter
  • excellent battery life
  • comes with 2 coils
Cons:
  • no juice window at all to see level
  • battery meter spacing is off
  • awful flavor for a pod system
  • awful coil life
  • airflow adjustment is too tight so useless
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one i have to listen to the old advice from D.A.R.E. and just say no. This one was hyped pretty hard due to tony b and all like all his stuff, but it was a huge fail due to poor coils. Not going to blame tony since he has no control over that but IDK what people were doing to enjoy this thing. This one falls way short of the hype and should just be avoided. I won't be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape

Product Link
here

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors