Become a Patron!

Another canned vape response - tired of being nice...

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Senator Dianne Feinstein sent out a canned response about vaping again. I am so fucking tired of the money driven actions of our reps. They don't give a shit about us or our health - just their own agenda.

I didn't "lose it", but I did stray a bit from staying nice and objective... Here's the response:

Senator,

How stupid do you think the vaping community actually is? Or is it the general public you target as stupid?

Practically every "fact" you pointed out has been dismissed as junk science by multiple entities.

You should be ashamed of yourself - how can you sleep?

I am sick and tired of the Tobacco Master Settlement speaking for our reps. That's the real issue here - you're pissed about your tobacco tax money going away.

You should be ashamed of yourself. How easy is it to lie to millions?

There is accurate and substantial scientific and medical evidence showing vapor products to be AT LEAST 95% SAFER than ANY form of tobacco. This FACT comes from perhaps the most highly regarded institution for their unbiased and accurate scientific methods - The Royal College of Physicians. There are numerous studies supporting this. Much of your facts are being dismissed as junk science - or worse, you are being connected with compromised medical and scientific entities that are money or politically motivated.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Tobacco tax funded wallet hurting a little?

Try something new - advocate for the most successful, safest, easy and significant method ever conceived to remove tobacco from ones life. We've all had enough of the scare mongering tactics and outright lies being told to the public. We're aware you know the truth.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Ambien a friend? or necessity?

Again, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I put financial reasons above the health of millions - I would know that I had some direct responsibility for their impending deaths.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Cancer of others no worry?

Why don't we see this level of anger against tobacco that is proven to kill? I know why - taxes restored if vaping is destroyed. The cost incurred will be millions of Americans returning to tobacco, health problems, and eventually death.

Apparently, that doesn't seem to bother very many of you.

You should be ashamed of yourself. In the future, your decisions could bring death to people close to you, and millions of others.

A voter and veteran that knows, and cares about the truth,

Rick Hageman

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what I got from our senator

EJ

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about electronic cigarettes. I appreciate the time you took to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, electronic cigarettes, or “e-cigarettes,” typically contain liquid nicotine which is vaporized and inhaled by the user. I recognize that these devices have become popular in recent years.

While I understand some individuals choose to use e-cigarettes as smoking cessation aids, I believe it is important that all consumers have accurate information about the safety and effects of e-cigarettes and similar products. Nicotine is a highly addictive and dangerous drug, and I am concerned by the potential to market e-cigarettes to children and other vulnerable populations as a “safe” alternative to traditional cigarettes. In addition, there is a lack of research about the effectiveness of electronic cigarettes as smoking cessation aids and about the safety of these products, some of which have been found to contain traces of toxic chemicals. Courts have ruled that e-cigarette manufacturers must submit evidence of a product’s safety and effectiveness in controlling cigarette cravings before advertising an e-cigarette for this purpose.

On May 5, 2016, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finalized rules to regulate electronic cigarettes, specialty cigars, and other tobacco products in the same way that traditional cigarettes are regulated. These regulations will restrict sales of e-cigarettes and related products to adults at least 18 years of age, and will require a health warning to be displayed on all products. Additionally, e-cigarette manufacturers will be required to register with the FDA. Any new products will be subject to FDA testing and approval before being marketed for sale, and products will have to obtain FDA approval to be marketed as “light” or “mild.” The final rule is scheduled to go into effect on August 8, 2016.

I understand you support the “FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015” (H.R. 2058), which was introduced by Representative Tom Cole (R-OK) on April 28, 2015. This bill would exempt e-cigarettes and other tobacco products from the new FDA approval requirements if such products were marketed before they were subject to FDA regulatory authority. While I recognize that you feel this would preserve access to e-cigarettes for consumers, I believe that due to the dangers of tobacco products, it is critical the FDA have oversight of these products.

H.R. 2058 is currently pending consideration by the House of Representatives. Although we may disagree on this issue, please know that I appreciate knowing your views and will keep your thoughts in mind should legislation on this topic come before the Senate for debate.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to contact me regarding issues of importance to you. If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C., office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

VAPE ON

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's what I got from our senator

EJ

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about electronic cigarettes. I appreciate the time BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS.

On May 5, 2016, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finalized rules to regulate electronic cigarettes, specialty cigars, and other tobacco products in the same way that traditional cigarettes are regulated. These regulations will restrict sales of e-cigarettes BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS.

More bullshit.

More bullshit.

More bullshit.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

VAPE ON

Yup, that's the email!

That poor woman needs to see a proctologist and an ear, nose and throat doctor because diarrhea keeps spouting from her mouth instead of the appropriate orifice.

Rick

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1) They need to difine Tobacco.
Whilst it does contain nicotine it also contains 44 carcinogenic properties plus hundreds other hazardous subtances.

2) No one as said that e-cigarettes are safe. They have found them to be a lot safer then tobacco.

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
1) They need to difine Tobacco.
Whilst it does contain nicotine it also contains 44 carcinogenic properties plus hundreds other hazardous subtances.

2) No one as said that e-cigarettes are safe. They have found them to be a lot safer then tobacco.

Exactly! We know why - but, to the public, the big why should be why the campaign against vaping when versus tobacco - there is no contest as to which is safer.

As said, most of us know what is happening - they don't care about us. It's the money and the influence that it carries. I heard someone somewhere say something like:

"I hope 2016 is the year that people remember as the year we found out just how corrupt and non-caring our government is".

There is still hope that congress will help us, but I'm not holding my breath - I'd rather breathe fire in their direction-

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Exactly! We know why - but, to the public, the big why should be why the campaign against vaping when versus tobacco - there is no contest as to which is safer.

As said, most of us know what is happening - they don't care about us. It's the money and the influence that it carries. I heard someone somewhere say something like:

"I hope 2016 is the year that people remember as the year we found out just how corrupt and non-caring our government is".

There is still hope that congress will help us, but I'm not holding my breath - I'd rather breathe fire in their direction-
I live in the UK, so l guess you know are stance on this subject. They have dealt with the biggest tobacco company (British American Tabacco) loosing UK sales by awarding them the license and contract to supply e cigarettes on prescription.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Senator Dianne Feinstein sent out a canned response about vaping again. I am so fucking tired of the money driven actions of our reps. They don't give a shit about us or our health - just their own agenda.

I didn't "lose it", but I did stray a bit from staying nice and objective... Here's the response:

Senator,

How stupid do you think the vaping community actually is? Or is it the general public you target as stupid?

Practically every "fact" you pointed out has been dismissed as junk science by multiple entities.

You should be ashamed of yourself - how can you sleep?

I am sick and tired of the Tobacco Master Settlement speaking for our reps. That's the real issue here - you're pissed about your tobacco tax money going away.

You should be ashamed of yourself. How easy is it to lie to millions?

There is accurate and substantial scientific and medical evidence showing vapor products to be AT LEAST 95% SAFER than ANY form of tobacco. This FACT comes from perhaps the most highly regarded institution for their unbiased and accurate scientific methods - The Royal College of Physicians. There are numerous studies supporting this. Much of your facts are being dismissed as junk science - or worse, you are being connected with compromised medical and scientific entities that are money or politically motivated.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Tobacco tax funded wallet hurting a little?

Try something new - advocate for the most successful, safest, easy and significant method ever conceived to remove tobacco from ones life. We've all had enough of the scare mongering tactics and outright lies being told to the public. We're aware you know the truth.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Ambien a friend? or necessity?

Again, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I put financial reasons above the health of millions - I would know that I had some direct responsibility for their impending deaths.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Cancer of others no worry?

Why don't we see this level of anger against tobacco that is proven to kill? I know why - taxes restored if vaping is destroyed. The cost incurred will be millions of Americans returning to tobacco, health problems, and eventually death.

Apparently, that doesn't seem to bother very many of you.

You should be ashamed of yourself. In the future, your decisions could bring death to people close to you, and millions of others.

A voter and veteran that knows, and cares about the truth,

Rick Hageman

If you think that is bad ...call up Fienstiens office and tell them, as a citizen and a Califronian you don't agree with her. Her staff will treat you like shit,they have not intrest in the opinions of the unwashed masses.Fienstien is one of the richest politicans in America and one of the most corrupt.I believe her husband is the richest man in California, and she has used her office as a way to funnel money to her husbands many bussiness intrests ....if we had real law in America she would be sharing a jail cell with Hilary..

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Feinstein is one of the most criminal and disingenuous politicians to ever take office.

I suppose if she is YOUR representative, then that is who you will communicate with.. but, given her history, the reply is far from surprising.

FWIW, yes, she definitely does target the general publics ignorance. Terrifying as it is, it actually works. :slowclap:

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe we should just GIVE California back to Mexico? :huh:

Depends - What's Mexico's stance on vaping? :giggle: Could find some fun in it :drunk:

I've read we have about 20% (a million?) of the vapers in the US. Also heard we have (had?) a really large part of the online shops too. Cali has close to 40 million people - against only a million of us. Tough fight.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That wrinkled old sack of stale dusty fucks could give two shits what your little person views on anything are.
She has never once given a fuck, unless it is to line her or her husband's pockets.

You all are bellow her notice.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That wrinkled old sack of stale dusty fucks could give two shits what your little person views on anything are.
She has never once given a fuck, unless it is to line her or her husband's pockets.

You all are bellow her notice.
I suspect you're right. Yet the people of California keep returning her to office. In the 2012 general election she won with 62.5% of the vote. :headbang:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suspect you're right. Yet the people of California keep returning her to office. In the 2012 general election she won with 62.5% of the vote. :headbang:
Waiting for the scandal of Piglosi, fieswine, boxer, Nambla reid, and a few others being caught in a fatal ass fucking orgy.
One can only hope.

VU Sponsors