Become a Patron!

An uncommon complaint about the Mesh Pro Tank

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
So i i received the mesh pro tank yesterday along with a pack of double mesh coils. I ordered along with it some flavors from Naked 100 and Keep it 100.

My problem: This tank brings flavor to another level compared to my TFV12 Prince tank and therefore all fruity flavors taste in it like a sugar wonderland (=nausea). Every single flavor i mentioned above tasted overwhelmingly sweet. Even my ADV from Pachamama which was just perfectly mild-tasting in my prince tank now has sweetness multiplied by 4 in the mesh pro tank.

Any suggestions? It comes with a single mesh coil so maybe i should try that? Or should i just give myself time to get used to this? I'm vaping between 60 and 70 watts (double mesh coil recommends between 60 and 90).

Thanks!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i i received the mesh pro tank yesterday along with a pack of double mesh coils. I ordered along with it some flavors from Naked 100 and Keep it 100.

My problem: This tank brings flavor to another level compared to my TFV12 Prince tank, and therefore all fruity flavors taste in it like a sugar wonderland (=nausea). Every single flavor i mentioned above tasted overwhelmingly sweet. Even my ADV from Pachamama which was just perfectly mild-tasting in my prince tank now has sweetness multiplied by 4 in the mesh pro tank.

Any suggestions? It comes with a single mesh coil so maybe i should try that? Or should i just give myself time to get used to this? I'm vaping between 60 and 70 watts (coils recommends between 60 and 90).

Thanks!
Add more VG and thicken the juice and it also lower the sweetness

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
a0318d9bd6c53cc9d2b2de4569a21f3b.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do i do that??
You need to buy a bottle of 100% VG is usually sweet and I preffer palm VG is available on eBay or online..... See pic

Take a 30ml or 60ml or like me a 240ml and fill it 3/4 full with your ejuice and fill the rest with VG.......

that will lower the strong fruit taste, increase your juice capacity and give you more clouds......
c491a16f6e84ab104aef78620aaeebc3.jpg

That's what e-juice manufacturers do ... They increase or decrease the VG for more or less flavor......

Then PG is more of a filler to add or decrease throat hit and to make the juice thinner like 70VG/30PG......

And finally add nicotine. In ml's to get the mg of nicotine and flavors you need....

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to buy a bottle of 100% VG is usually sweet and I preffer palm VG is available on eBay or online..... See pic

Take a 30ml or 60ml or like me a 240ml and fill it 3/4 full with your ejuice and fill the rest with VG.......

that will lower the strong fruit taste, increase your juice capacity and give you more clouds......
c491a16f6e84ab104aef78620aaeebc3.jpg

That's what e-juice manufacturers do ... They increase or decrease the VG for more or less flavor......

Then PG is more of a filler to add or decrease throat hit and to make the juice thinner like 70VG/30PG......

And finally add nicotine. In ml's to get the mg of nicotine you need....
It's easy to make e-juice !!!!!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need an e-juice calculator in your phone.....

1. You put in the % of flavor you want like.... 10% Banana....10% strawberry and you put in what thickness...80%vg and 20% pg...... Then what nicotine percentage 3mg 6mg or 18mg..... And how much you are making in quantity example 120ml

The calculator tells you exactly what to put in the bottle all in ml......

Example:
80ml VG
10ml PG
2ml Banana
2ml Strawberry
6ml Nicotine 100%
And bam mix and mix and mix and steep and you end up with 120ml e-juice... For $2.50 your cost....

The flavors are used to make baking items...... A company like Lorianne oils just Google e-juice flavoring or how to make e-juice in YouTube.......

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My problem: This tank brings flavor to another level compared to my TFV12 Prince tank and therefore all fruity flavors taste in it like a sugar wonderland (=nausea). Every single flavor i mentioned above tasted overwhelmingly sweet. Even my ADV from Pachamama which was just perfectly mild-tasting in my prince tank now has sweetness multiplied by 4 in the mesh pro tank.

Any suggestions? It comes with a single mesh coil so maybe i should try that? Or should i just give myself time to get used to this? I'm vaping between 60 and 70 watts (double mesh coil recommends between 60 and 90).

Thanks!
Commercial juice companies use a lot of sweetener. There are brands out there that sell juice with no added sweetener you could get. Even better would be to make your own.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Did you try lowering the watts? Another option is to buy juices with less sweetener, Naked 100 juices are pretty sweet. Remember recommended wattage is just that only a recommendation. I run my dual mesh closer around 50-54w depending on juice flavor. Start at 45 and see how it tastes.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks!
You could also get some of the original Fireluke coils, I think. I'm not 100% sure but I think the older coils fit the mesh pro. Maybe somebody could confirm. If the mesh is making your favorite juices unbearable, you could go back to standard coils in the Mesh pro....I think lol.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Good luck with everything....ok ..... If you have any other questions or concerns you know where to find me.....

Thank you! Will update how it goes tomorrow.

Did you try lowering the watts? Another option is to buy juices with less sweetener, Naked 100 juices are pretty sweet. Remember recommended wattage is just that only a recommendation. I run my dual mesh closer around 50-54w depending on juice flavor. Start at 45 and see how it tastes.
I don't like the clouds on this tank at those numbers. But will try again.

You could also get some of the original Fireluke coils, I think. I'm not 100% sure but I think the older coils fit the mesh pro. Maybe somebody could confirm. If the mesh is making your favorite juices unbearable, you could go back to standard coils in the Mesh pro....I think lol.
I have a pack of double mesh coils and i plan to defy it lol. The mesh coil on my TFV12 Prince was doing fine with me though.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
OG Fireluke, Pro, and Mesh Pro are all coil compatible, the OG rba is as well.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thank you! Will update how it goes tomorrow.

I don't like the clouds on this tank at those numbers. But will try again.

I have a pack of double mesh coils and i plan to defy it lol. The mesh coil on my TFV12 Prince was doing fine with me though.
If you like the clouds Manny's suggestion of cutting with vg or a different brand of juice are probably your best options with the mesh. Fireluke .25 coils may be more to your liking with the Mesh Pro.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Much better at 50w, thank you! I passed on those numbers as i was breaking in the coil but didn't revisit back. Hopefully that low won't cause any gunk buildup??

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
If you like the clouds Manny's suggestion of cutting with vg or a different brand of juice are probably your best options with the mesh. Fireluke .25 coils may be more to your liking with the Mesh Pro.
How about that single mesh coil that comes in the box with the tank? Looks similar to Smok's mesh coil (which i liked).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
How about that single mesh coil that comes in the box with the tank? Looks similar to Smok's mesh coil (which i liked).
I don't know, I use the dual mesh coils in my Fireluke. Not a big fan of coils that have the huge air hole, kills flavor imo. You might love it, give it a try. You can put the dual in a baggie or rinse it out with warm water to save for later.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
I don't know, I use the dual mesh coils in my Fireluke. Not a big fan of coils that have the huge air hole, kills flavor imo. You might love it, give it a try. You can put the dual in a baggie or rinse it out with warm water to save for later.
I don't know if you missed my reply above but it seems to be working fine on 50w now with the Keep it 100, still scared to try the Naked 100 flavors again (=nausea) lol. Do you see gunk buildup with double mesh on those wattage? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I don't know if you missed my reply above but it seems to be working fine on 50w now with the Keep it 100, still scared to try the Naked 100 flavors again (=nausea) lol. Do you see gunk buildup with double mesh on those wattage? Thanks for your help!
I diy and seldom use sweetener, gunk isn't much of an issue for me these days.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sounds like you found your solution to the too sweet issue. Hard to avoid gunk without excluding sweeteners and a few flavors like custards with commercial juices. Do some research on google, there are options out there. Be prepared to give your taste buds time to adjust to less sweet juices and it will be hard to tolerate the sweeter juices afterwards.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have been tryin for months..... Discontinued everywhere........

Did you try the manufacturers site? If you can find the coil specs or maybe go back and watch some yt videos you might get lucky and find compatible coils or rba head.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try the manufacturers site? If you can find the coil specs or maybe go back and watch some yt videos you might get lucky and find compatible coils or rba head.
I started looking through Boxes of Rta's.... And found this little tube all by itself in a corner..... And yes it's a rebuildable deck for the Vapeston Cloudblaster........
071cbf833d423e29e22a10bae4a4d519.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I started looking through Boxes of Rta's.... And found this little tube all by itself in a corner..... And yes it's a rebuildable deck for the Vapeston Cloudblaster........
071cbf833d423e29e22a10bae4a4d519.jpg

There ya go! Good find (providing it doesn't leak).

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you found your solution to the too sweet issue. Hard to avoid gunk without excluding sweeteners and a few flavors like custards with commercial juices. Do some research on google, there are options out there. Be prepared to give your taste buds time to adjust to less sweet juices and it will be hard to tolerate the sweeter juices afterwards.
I just want to say that you saved me 3 bottles of juice with your recommendation to lower the watts. 3 out of 7 though, 4 bottles were not saved. I also emailed Freemax and they said it's fine to vape the double mesh on 50 w. They also recommended i try the triple mesh coil because i can vape it at low wattage and still get big clouds.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Funny thing is that at 75 w i also like the flavor way more than 60-70. Less sweetness and more rounded taste. Interesting how wattage affects the experience.
My juices tend to rule my watts. Some are better higher some are much better at the low end. I don't get too hung up on wattage outside of not burning up the wick. There is also the fact that some juices just don’t work for you in certain attys. My pear juices don't do well in the Nano rta but shines in the Fireluke and Toptank.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
More good news: A good samaritan vape store owner agreed to take off my hands all the e-liquids i bought and didn't like, in exchange of 8 bottles from his store. I made sure to try each and every flavor i got from him and i couldn't be more happier.

- What he took: 3 Charlie's meringues, Charlie's coffee donut, Charlie's mustache milk, Charlie's King Delman, Killer custard, 3 naked 100, 2 keep it 100, 1 Crisp Strawberine, 1 Bazooka straws apple.

- What i got: Brewell Tobacco N'2, Strawberry Daiquiri by Coastal Clouds, Nasty Silver Blend, Nasty Bad Blood, Bazooka Strawberry Ice straws....and 3 more of my choice once next stock arrives with new flavors to try.

I spend 1 hour trying different stuff at his store and i was amazed how much i cannot tolerate some juices. I also noticed that i don't like "cocktail" type of fruits, i tend to prefer dual flavor profiles.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More good news: A good samaritan vape store owner agreed to take off my hands all the e-liquids i bought and didn't like, in exchange of 8 bottles from his store. I made sure to try each and every flavor i got from him and i couldn't be more happier.

- What he took: 3 Charlie's meringues, Charlie's coffee donut, Charlie's mustache milk, Charlie's King Delman, Killer custard, 3 naked 100, 2 keep it 100, 1 Crisp Strawberine, 1 Bazooka straws apple.

- What i got: Brewell Tobacco N'2, Coastal Clouds Strawberry Daiquiri, Nasty Silver Blend, Nasty Bad Blood, Bazooka Strawberry Ice straws....and 3 more of my choice once next stock arrives with new flavors to try.

I spend 1 hour trying different stuff at his store and i was amazed how much i cannot tolerate some juices. I also noticed that i don't like "cocktail" type of fruits, i tend to prefer dual flavor profiles.
I'm glad you worked it out. Sounds like you got a good shop owner to deal with. I go to four places and two of the guys are like that. The other two kinda don't care. They just want to sell stuff without being freindly and understanding.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
I'm glad you worked it out. Sounds like you got a good shop owner to deal with. I go to four places and two of the guys are like that. The other two kinda don't care. They just want to sell stuff without being freindly and understanding.
Thank you. Poor guy had to re-wick a new cotton because of how many flavors i made him let me try. A keeper for sure.

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Dual coil gunked up and in the trash. Trying the single mesh coil now that comes in the box and i like it much better. If the single mesh coil lasts me a good 7 days, i'm going to order a pack. If not, i'm ditching all this and buying a drop dead RDA (tried it yesterday at the shop and loved the flavor).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Dual coil gunked up and in the trash. Trying the single mesh coil now that comes in the box and i like it much better. If the single mesh coil lasts me a good 7 days, i'm going to order a pack. If not, i'm ditching all this and buying a drop dead RDA (tried it yesterday at the shop and loved the flavor).
If it gunked up that fast that's pretty much sweet juice. If you like you juices I would recommend Looking into rtas & rdas, you'll have to change wicks 2-3 times a week but would save you the money dropin coils.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it gunked up that fast that's pretty much sweet juice. If you like you juices I would recommend Looking into rtas & rdas, you'll have to change wicks 2-3 times a week but would save you the money dropin coils.
Get an RTA that taste like an Rda......... The Glaz if you like big or the Dead Rabbit if you like small...... Or even an Aromamizer supreme.......

I change Coils like Letitia9 said once a month..... And no more expensive premade coils........
7f932f360daf5ff9256f739ecbe27e74.jpg
a39a5d482d36d84e58a1719e3c014741.jpg

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Get an RTA that taste like an Rda......... The Glaz if you like big or the Dead Rabbit if you like small...... Or even an Aromamizer supreme.......

I change Coils like Letitia9 said once a month..... And no more expensive premade coils........
7f932f360daf5ff9256f739ecbe27e74.jpg
a39a5d482d36d84e58a1719e3c014741.jpg

I'm leaning towards RDA because i think i'll have more freedom to switch flavors without being forced to finish a tank i just filled. Also, the activity of dripping makes feel like a magician:)

Last edited:

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Never thought i'd say this but i put my prince 12 tank back to enjoy my juices again. No more coils for me higher than 0.15 and the mesh pro coils burned out in 2 days (was on the third coil today, yes the single mesh coil burned out as well).

The only thing i miss from Mesh Pro tank is the wider drip tip lol, other than that, i'm happy to be back on the prince tank again until i go this week and shop for either an RDA, RTA or RDTA!

scarsstiches

Member For 1 Year
Ordered the Profile RDA. Bought it as a kit, comes with a pack of coil sleeves and pack of cotton and the whole nine yards. Now the wait for the delivery from China....and after that.... no more sub ohm crappy coils!

VU Sponsors