Become a Patron!

An Odd Blue Avian Travels Yet Another Realm

YardByrd

Member For 4 Years
In the air above the "Introduce Yourself & Tell Your Vaping Voyage" page turbulence is occurring. Heatwave-like orbs, smeary, odd shaped, and slightly oval, are forming in concentric fashion. They start to increase in frequency, and then start to rotate through different colors. They increase in appearance, growth, and dissipation, strobe-light imitating, and flashing until they reach a crescendo and there is a tremendous clap of thunder. A wormhole opens and YardByrd comes flying through it. A plain, brown, wooden perch, with a bevel cut on 1/4 of the "T" materializes on the floor of the thread and he lights on it gracefully. A platinum "YB" medallion around YardByrd's neck is glowing orange and you hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin, voice translating all but his greeting and farewell for him:

CAW! "Hail, lauds, greetings and salutations from across the Realms to VapingUnderground and my Realm traveling brethren!" YardByrd nods to his left and an old man, trim, with thin white hair, and golden framed, glasses appears. He is wearing a red, sharkskin, tuxedo, and his his blue cummberbund has red crewel work around its edges. His white tux shirt, sports two, large, ruby cufflinks at each sleeve, and his black patent leather shoes, reflect light, from somewhere, that dances off the gemstones at his wrists and glinys on the frames of his spectacles. He bows low.

"My assistant, James, my right hand man, frequently accompanies me. I ask him now to relate his personal story about vaping."

James nods to YardByrd and speaks:

"Two years ago, last February 28th, I decided, that instead of buying a video game, or using a few extra dollars, from our tax return, as "Mad Money" that I would look into vaping. I contacted my Cousin, Donna, who I knew was a vaper. Her assistance was invaluable and I ended up purchasing a Riva SE 510 starter kit. On 3/25/12 we tried one day without cigarettes since we wanted the taste of Vanilla Latte more than a Mar*boro Red 100. We have not had any tobacco (we enjoyed cigars too) since. My vaping Mentor, sadly, passed away in April. She PIFFED us a LOT of e-liquid, and all the things needed for DIY accept the flavorings, and guided and supported us. I thought I would never own a mod, any rebuildable devices, or ever even dream of DIY. Today I am active in all these areas. We love vaping. We love vapers. Simply put we are for the Vaper. That is, if you want an $800 mod with a $200 tank -good! If you like tutti frutti double sweet icecream e-liquid at 36mg nic -good. Love your cig-a-like and will never change -good! If you vape and still smoke -good! We believe there is no "right" or "wrong" device, supply system, nic level, or e-liquid flavor; only the one that works for the individual vaper. Thank you for listening. " James bows low and his right hand twists the cufflink on his left wrist and he vanishes!'

YardByrd continues:

"So my vaping brethren we join you here, in this new format, this new forum, this new "Realm" -if you will allow- to lend any and all experience we have. Cawgratulations to the Vaping Underground, its sponsors, and you...it's lifesblood, spirit, and mind. We feel priveleged to be among your ranks and will visit, as the Realms allow. Alas! The demands of other Realms, especially the one James refers to as the "@#$%^ Real one", call us away: we must adieu. Thank you for having us here and we hope to prove an asset to this new commnity. " CAW!

Upon his final departing word YardByrd spreads his wings wide, crooks his neck slightly to the right, and looking up levitates upward. His faithful, Realm travelling perch, sinks into the floor of the thread and vanishes. YardByrd is still rising and now appears to be fluctuating in color: first Red, then, Purple, then blue. The colors continue to oscillate and as he approaches the top of your field of vision the heatwave-like turbulence has returned. An odd triumvirate of lightning, in these same three colors, appears and it's forks entwine him and lift him up as the wormhole opens upon the vista of Space. A tremendous asteroid is flying toward the opening as the electric tines pull YardByrd up, and into the wormhole! It closes, just in time before the asteroid can pass through. His final farewell, and salute, is clear: "CAW!"

A piece of parchment drops from where the wormhole was and drifts lazily down until it rests upon the floor of the thread. Its clear, black, calligraphy is easily read:

"Oh, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in it!"

Miranda, The Tempest, Act V Scene 1 -William Shakespeare

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was reading and thought you were RPing the whole time. Lol. I would go google a passage that compliments that one, but I'm feeling lazy. Instead, I'd like to just welcome you to VU! Nice to meet you, and hope to see you around sometime. :)

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Thank you for sharing this "most excellent" of intros! We're lucky to have you among us to share your missives of intrigue, delight, and insights of creativity! Oh yeah, did I mention vaping? :)

On a serious note: May I extend my condolences to your vaping mentor.

Dumbledores_phoenix_patronus.jpg

In the air above the "Introduce Yourself & Tell Your Vaping Voyage" page turbulence is occurring. Heatwave-like orbs, smeary, odd shaped, and slightly oval, are forming in concentric fashion. They start to increase in frequency, and then start to rotate through different colors. They increase in appearance, growth, and dissipation, strobe-light imitating, and flashing until they reach a crescendo and there is a tremendous clap of thunder. A wormhole opens and YardByrd comes flying through it. A plain, brown, wooden perch, with a bevel cut on 1/4 of the "T" materializes on the floor of the thread and he lights on it gracefully. A platinum "YB" medallion around YardByrd's neck is glowing orange and you hear a deep, smooth, male, Latin, voice translating all but his greeting and farewell for him:

CAW! "Hail, lauds, greetings and salutations from across the Realms to VapingUnderground and my Realm traveling brethren!" YardByrd nods to his left and an old man, trim, with thin white hair, and golden framed, glasses appears. He is wearing a red, sharkskin, tuxedo, and his his blue cummberbund has red crewel work around its edges. His white tux shirt, sports two, large, ruby cufflinks at each sleeve, and his black patent leather shoes, reflect light, from somewhere, that dances off the gemstones at his wrists and glinys on the frames of his spectacles. He bows low.

"My assistant, James, my right hand man, frequently accompanies me. I ask him now to relate his personal story about vaping."

James nods to YardByrd and speaks:

"Two years ago, last February 28th, I decided, that instead of buying a video game, or using a few extra dollars, from our tax return, as "Mad Money" that I would look into vaping. I contacted my Cousin, Donna, who I knew was a vaper. Her assistance was invaluable and I ended up purchasing a Riva SE 510 starter kit. On 3/25/12 we tried one day without cigarettes since we wanted the taste of Vanilla Latte more than a Mar*boro Red 100. We have not had any tobacco (we enjoyed cigars too) since. My vaping Mentor, sadly, passed away in April. She PIFFED us a LOT of e-liquid, and all the things needed for DIY accept the flavorings, and guided and supported us. I thought I would never own a mod, any rebuildable devices, or ever even dream of DIY. Today I am active in all these areas. We love vaping. We love vapers. Simply put we are for the Vaper. That is, if you want an $800 mod with a $200 tank -good! If you like tutti frutti double sweet icecream e-liquid at 36mg nic -good. Love your cig-a-like and will never change -good! If you vape and still smoke -good! We believe there is no "right" or "wrong" device, supply system, nic level, or e-liquid flavor; only the one that works for the individual vaper. Thank you for listening. " James bows low and his right hand twists the cufflink on his left wrist and he vanishes!'

YardByrd continues:

"So my vaping brethren we join you here, in this new format, this new forum, this new "Realm" -if you will allow- to lend any and all experience we have. Cawgratulations to the Vaping Underground, its sponsors, and you...it's lifesblood, spirit, and mind. We feel priveleged to be among your ranks and will visit, as the Realms allow. Alas! The demands of other Realms, especially the one James refers to as the "@#$%^ Real one", call us away: we must adieu. Thank you for having us here and we hope to prove an asset to this new commnity. " CAW!

Upon his final departing word YardByrd spreads his wings wide, crooks his neck slightly to the right, and looking up levitates upward. His faithful, Realm travelling perch, sinks into the floor of the thread and vanishes. YardByrd is still rising and now appears to be fluctuating in color: first Red, then, Purple, then blue. The colors continue to oscillate and as he approaches the top of your field of vision the heatwave-like turbulence has returned. An odd triumvirate of lightning, in these same three colors, appears and it's forks entwine him and lift him up as the wormhole opens upon the vista of Space. A tremendous asteroid is flying toward the opening as the electric tines pull YardByrd up, and into the wormhole! It closes, just in time before the asteroid can pass through. His final farewell, and salute, is clear: "CAW!"

A piece of parchment drops from where the wormhole was and drifts lazily down until it rests upon the floor of the thread. Its clear, black, calligraphy is easily read:

"Oh, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in it!"

Miranda, The Tempest, Act V Scene 1 -William Shakespeare

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree. Delightful read full of imagery, and prose while still being an introduction.
You my friend have talent for the written word.
I am of the same school of thought when it comes to vaping. Whatever works for you personally is what you should use.
There is no ' one size fits all ' when it comes to vaping.

VU Sponsors