Become a Patron!

ammit 25 user

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking for help with the Ammit 25 this is my first RTA I'm using quad core fused claptons and cotton bacon. I have tried wicking 5-6 times and messed with the coil position as well but so far the only thing that seems to be right is it's not leaking.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking for help with the Ammit 25 this is my first RTA I'm using quad core fused claptons and cotton bacon. I have tried wicking 5-6 times and messed with the coil position as well but so far the only thing that seems to be right is it's not leaking.

Can you upload or link a picture? Keep it under 1 mb if you upload

And tell us what kind of wire (SS, kanthal, nichrome), gauge, and the final resistance please!

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you upload or link a picture? Keep it under 1 mb if you upload

And tell us what kind of wire (SS, kanthal, nichrome), gauge, and the final resistance please!
I actually don't have any pics of it also it's not wicked at the moment. The description on the package of coils is 30GX4/40G inner 3.0mm ID and it is SS wire. The resistance is .30ohms.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I actually don't have any pics of it also it's not wicked at the moment. The description on the package of coils is 30GX4/40G inner 3.0mm ID and it is SS wire. The resistance is .30ohms.

Okay, trick to stainless steel coils is spread the loops out a tad and heat them very carefully/lightly before wicking. That gets rid of shorts and hot legs. When you wick, pinch one tip end, use just enough that it will slide through the coil without moving the coil at all without having to twist the cotton to make it fit. Cut the wick ends just long enough that they'll stay in the juice channel holes, get it all wet before putting the tank back together

jworm49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, trick to stainless steel coils is spread the loops out a tad and heat them very carefully/lightly before wicking. That gets rid of shorts and hot legs. When you wick, pinch one tip end, use just enough that it will slide through the coil without moving the coil at all without having to twist the cotton to make it fit. Cut the wick ends just long enough that they'll stay in the juice channel holes, get it all wet before putting the tank back together
I did dry fire the coil and it seems to heat evenly the wraps are all touching. Should I pull them apart some? it sounds like I may have the cotton too tight. It's not tight but maybe a bit to tight and my ends may be a little to long. I had no idea it would be so touchy. Also wondering I have the coil very close not touching the air flow vents. I have tried lifting it up some but it didn't seem to make a difference.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I did dry fire the coil and it seems to heat evenly the wraps are all touching. Should I pull them apart some? it sounds like I may have the cotton too tight. It's not tight but maybe a bit to tight and my ends may be a little to long. I had no idea it would be so touchy. Also wondering I have the coil very close not touching the air flow vents. I have tried lifting it up some but it didn't seem to make a difference.

What is the actual issue you are experiencing with it?

VU Sponsors