Become a Patron!

Amazon Notice about Sony VTC5 batts?

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had purchased a couple Sony VTC5’s when I first started vaping from Amazon. Earlier this week I got a notice about it, anyone have any insight to this? I’ve read that this battery was on Mooch’s OK list for ecigs?

We're writing to you regarding SONY VTC5 18650 2600mAh US18650VTC5 Hybrid IMR Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery [QTY: 2], which you purchased in your Amazon order #114-4095050-xxxxxxxx

The manufacturer has stated that this product is not intended to be used with e-cigarettes, vape pens, and other similar products because use with these types of products may cause risk to personal property and/or safety. The full announcement can be found here, https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1621

If you are using this product in an e-cigarette or vape pen, please stop immediately. For further information on the appropriate use of these products, please contact Sony.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a standard disclaimer. You'll see other battery sellers stating similar.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This is the battery manufacturer absolving themselves of responsibility for possible lost teeth by people too stupid to respect the power in their hands.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the battery manufacturer absolving themselves of responsibility for possible lost teeth by people too stupid to respect the power in their hands.

tenor.gif

VU Sponsors