Become a Patron!

Am i the only one wanting to build a bottom feed box mod with a vamo chip?

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Every one is going for the DNA chips or high wattage. I am looking to build a bottom feed box mod using a vamo chip. i like the idea of being able to use two batteries. The chip is a little thick with the switches and two boards stacked together.

Has anyone taken these apart and wired them together side by side, or are you all using the high watt chips? myself i like the vamo chip for the 6.4-8.2 watts input.

this chip was designed for a tube mod and it is not going to be easy to fit it into a box with a bottom feed bottled box.

Any input or other chips out there?

I wish you luck...I keep hoping more bottom feeders will hit the market. But the high wattage, copper, 26650 are the rage ATM.The Aurora on an Mvp is great but kinda tall and am not sure a RBA will work on it...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I rather like the way the Vamo chip operates so IMHO, if you can make it work, go for it.

However, VJ has told us that a new Evolv chip is going to be available shortly. You might just want to wait to see what the scoop is on that one before you start your project.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wish you luck...I keep hoping more bottom feeders will hit the market. But the high wattage, copper, 26650 are the rage ATM.The Aurora on an Mvp is great but kinda tall and am not sure a RBA will work on it...

You do realize that i am talking about just building one for myself correct . I am Not looking to sell them in the market. So I really dont build something because it is all the rage. Other wise I would just build with a current DNA chip.

Or did i post this under the wrong forum?

I plan on it being a bottom feeder so I am not concerned about an RBA at all.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I rather like the way the Vamo chip operates so IMHO, if you can make it work, go for it.

However, VJ has told us that a new Evolv chip is going to be available shortly. You might just want to wait to see what the scoop is on that one before you start your project.

Thanks that is good to know. I have a hard time keeping up with everything new. :DIt changes daily!
I am just gathering a few parts at the moment so it will be a little while before I do anything.

That would be nice if they came out with a new chip that allowed for a higher input.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What I would really like to see is a new charging chip that charges at 1.0 amp. Charging a VCT5 takes about 4 hours with a half amp rated chip.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thats why I use a charger.

If the device is too hard to change the baterries than why not put the circuits in with the caple to save room in the box. The box goes with you, the charger stays home unless you are going for an extend period.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not as much room in this hana clone enclosure as i hoped. Or I have too many things to fit in the box. The vamo chip and juice bottle are hard to fit into this thing.

I may have to cut the rib down the middle of the box. I tried desoldering the vamo chip and using it in two pc. also removing the switches, but by the time you add wires and all it is more compact as one unit.

Maybe with the chip laying across bottom? This is a tough one to run stacked batteries and a juice bottle.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

i love the aurora

HiTechRedneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The GV is a no go. But I haven't given up on something like this. Haven't decided on a box yet. I think a wood box would look killer.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was able to split the vamo chip so it would not be a piggy back chip with the power pcb on the back. I unsolderd it at the stand offs and then wired it back with leads and it works. Saves some space but still need to find the right box. This may not have to be done if you have the right box.

Also I asked fatdaddy vapes to make there spring loaded 510 connector with a hole in it for bottom feeder and make the pin a little longer to connect the feed tube. They have done that and it is an option on the website!

Maybe one of the new gravity chips will save some space, not sure?

I have seen pictures where someone has added these to the bottom of a Reo with an extended box. I have also seen plates made with them mounted on the sides of boxes as well.

It would be nice to have the machinery to come up with a standard front plate for this chip to be added to any box mod!

I really want to be able to use dual batteries with this chip and have it in the buck mode.

On a side note; I have been using the Crown 2.0 instead of a kick and it works great. fits on top of the battery and is thinner than a kick. it is also settable by the fire switch and taping codes for audible output of the ohms and watts/volts. it outputs in beeps. ie for ohms 1 long beep and 5 short would be 1.5 ohms. all done with the fire switch. and 4 clicks locks it. pretty cool.

VU Sponsors