Become a Patron!

Am i getting ripped off by e juice store?

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, so question for anyone whos been vaping a long time. I fairly new. only about 2 months now but my question is this.
Ive been buying 30ml bottles of 416vapes...and everytime i buy from this specific store, its filled up only to the label..whereas, at this other vape store, its filled all the way to the top. Every time, ive never had a bottle thats not filled all the way, other than at this one store.

I asked them, and they said " the factory sometimes over fills them and its probably 30ml, ur just used to over fill", but it legit looks like someone filled up a 2ml tank with it and put it back on the shelf.
And if the factory "overfills" then why is it only under filled at this specific store, and no where else?

What do you think? Is it just me? Or are these guys acting like a high school pot dealer? pinching off the top to make more bottles?

thanks?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
are these guys acting like a high school pot dealer? pinching off the top to make more bottles?

This part is super funny to me because this is the type of shit I used to do in High School:giggle::giggle::giggle:

If the bottles are the same size but they are light then they are light.
If they give everybody 25ml's then they can get an extra bottle every 5th sale.

You should look into ordering in larger bottles online.
You can get 120ml bottles of pretty good stuff for $25 or less if you know where to look.

At Vaping Watch you can get decent eliquid cheap:
http://vaping.watch/eliquid/tmaxx-s-no-frills-ml-s

At Fuggin Vapor you can get three 120ml bottles for $50 shipped by using the code "Littlefuggindeal"
https://fugginvapor.com/collections/fuggin-e-juice

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nobody has mentioned it, but I thought I should throw in.... if you're buying ejuice, you're ALWAYS getting ripped off. Ejuice costs about 3-10 cents per ml to make... not 25, 50, or 75 cents per ml, or god help us, $1 per ml. Even the overhead of the bottle and label doesn't warrant that price jump; it's all profit margin for whoever is making/selling it.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back in the day when I used to buy juice (I've made my own for over two years), any bottle I bought online or at a b & m had a tamper proof seal. The plastic bottles had a ring attached to the cap and it tore when you opened it for the first time. The glass bottles always had a plastic wrap around the cap that had to be torn off to open the bottle. Do those "short" bottles you're buying have either of those features? If not, yeah, I'd say someone is "pinching your bag."

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Knowing that someday I would be getting into DIY I have been saving my old bottles (after washing and drying them) for quite a while now.) Most of them came from Bulk E-Juice and are mostly 30 ml bottles.

Now that I am mostly making and using my own creations I have noticed that when I fill these bottles with PRECISELY 30 ml of E-Liquid, the liquid comes to the top of the original label which leads me to the conclusion that most makers give you the full 30 ml you ordered plus a tad more.

Kinda like the old Bakers Dozen.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you can order online. Every few months I order from several budget lines. Some are great, good, or awful. You will almost always have to steep these juices. Don't throw out the ones you don't like, stick them in a cabinet/box and forget about them. I've found that some really shine after several months of steeping. Every tuesday That 1 vape puts a juice on sale 50% off. MadTown Vapor lets you customize your juices and offers flavor shots. Of all the budget lines I've tried at least 80% percent were vapable and 60-70% were something I would order again eventually. Only had 3 juices I wouldn't even put in a dump bottle.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All the bottles of e-Liquid I get have tamper proof seals on them and if I purchase a bottle at a local vape shop and it doesn't have it I will not buy it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm the same way with local shops. Too many will let a customer take a drip/taste & put bottle back on shelf. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people stick their noses in it. Couple of local shops do it right, buy a bottle 0nic for testing & smelling, they just eat the loss. Gotta respect that, just wish people wouldn't actually put their nose on the bottle.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that is gross. I don't even like using the testers when the shops had them. Too many germs and non cautious people for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I once visited a vape shop that had a bunch of testers on the counter and without touching them I could see the sputum in the drip tips. I just walked out after seeing that. My favorite vape shop cleans the testers they have regularly.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once visited a vape shop that had a bunch of testers on the counter and without touching them I could see the sputum in the drip tips. I just walked out after seeing that. My favorite vape shop cleans the testers they have regularly.
I would've left too. And probably used some sanitizer. Crazy part is I work with my hands so I don't mind dirt and grime. Just germs. I'm weird I guess. But I've gotten sick just from a shopping cart so I don't take chances anymore.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would've left too. And probably used some sanitizer. Crazy part is I work with my hands so I don't mind dirt and grime. Just germs. I'm weird I guess. But I've gotten sick just from a shopping cart so I don't take chances anymore.

funny that.
I agree but my SIL is a germ phobic along with other mental issues and will not use ANY public bathroom becuase of germs. But she does not even wipe down the shopping cart handle with the provided wipes....

Not really a germ phobe but keep hand sanitizer in the car and use it after shopping unless I forget :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have a bottle of Hand Sanitizer in my vehicle and as an X Auto Technician here getting your hands dirty is not a problem for me at all. But now, working in the IT Field I have been in some of the most disgusting environments where a workstation is stored if you knew what I saw under the belt your food is on you would never return! I once opened up a cabinet under the belt and so many rats ran out the store evacuated and the guys climbing on the carts was priceless!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
funny that.
I agree but my SIL is a germ phobic along with other mental issues and will not use ANY public bathroom becuase of germs. But she does not even wipe down the shopping cart handle with the provided wipes....

Not really a germ phobe but keep hand sanitizer in the car and use it after shopping unless I forget :)

I'm not a germophobe at all, but I won't use public restrooms unless it's a true emergency, because of the fucking SMELLS!

It's not germophobia that makes me refuse to shake hands, it's goddamn COMMON SENSE. I'd rather liplock a stranger than touch their fucking nasty HANDS!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try working in Lowe's.
In comes a woman coughing and hands you her cell phone. "Here talk to my husband to see what I need to get".

DAMN! Just DAMN people.

Cell phones are probably a close second to children for disease spreading.

Lowe's... where my hatred for humans increased 10X.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are buying premade juice. .. I would say unless its the best juice ever mixed.... you getting ripped off..... head space in a bottle sometime is just headspace... but that doesn't mean the occasional 30ml bottle won't have 27ml in it or even 32ml sometimes..... filling machines fill to an average. Most bottle will be 30ml. Some will be less some more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just took a look at over a dozen unopened bottles that are waiting for me to get around to cracking them open and all I checked are almost completely full with very little head space. But all have Tamper Proof plastic seals.

AAApone

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kinda sounds like your shop is selling their sample bottles to customers. Would find a different shop if I were you. Avoid any bottles that are not sealed pre purchase unless I see the clerk crack the bottle in front of me. Every bottle I have purchased has been filled to the bottom of the bottle neck.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have even refused to accept a bottle that did not have the tamper proof seal on the bottle inside a plastic box.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I remember the good old days where my favorite shop had filled atomizers with the different flavors of E-Liquid so you could try them before purchasing.

And they also had disposable "Friend Tips" that slipped into place over the drip tips so you did not have to worry about picking up someone else's "Cooties".

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I remember the good old days where my favorite shop had filled atomizers with the different flavors of E-Liquid so you could try them before purchasing.

And they also had disposable "Friend Tips" that slipped into place over the drip tips so you did not have to worry about picking up someone else's "Cooties".
The vape shop in Knoxville Tennessee still has those tips. They keep a nice clean shop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Man if germs can make it through doctor's masks then I'm pretty sure they can make it through that rubber tip. I may have missed out on good tastings but I just take the chance and buy it. No germs for me if I can help.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bet a good amount of people who are cautious about using tester MOD's at vape shops are people who Voop!

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Shop I go to in Illinois has those tips and a very clean shop. Only one I will use the testers at.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been at my local shop BS'ing and the manager was cleaning them because he cleans them religiously, but I have seen some shops I would not stick that spit clogged drip near my mouth.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet a good amount of people who are cautious about using tester MOD's at vape shops are people who Voop!
Not I. That was my most favorite cigarette of the day though. I miss that chill time but other that I can't stand the smell anymore and can't get my wife to quit. Or even try. Lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not I. That was my most favorite cigarette of the day though. I miss that chill time but other that I can't stand the smell anymore and can't get my wife to quit. Or even try. Lol

I used to have a cigarette on the shitter or throne in the AM and I will not lie, but I do not vape during my morning ritual because I have tasted things through my MOD during "normal" everyday activities that were not pleasant. People talk about anti-freeze and at the auto shop I walked passed a car running with a blown head gasket! Damn that was not pleasant at all! That is just one example of the nasty things I tasted thru my vape but I will spare you any more.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to have a cigarette on the shitter or throne in the AM and I will not lie, but I do not vape during my morning ritual because I have tasted things through my MOD during "normal" everyday activities that were not pleasant. People talk about anti-freeze and at the auto shop I walked passed a car running with a blow head gasket! Damn that was not pleasant at all! That is just one example of the nasty things I tasted thru my vape but I will spare you any more.
Hell I never even thought about that. Talk about shooting your taste buds

VU Sponsors