Become a Patron!

Alternative ways to consume ejuice

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone ever tried to infuse candy or gum with ejuice for when you can't vape? Any ideas on how I could do something like this?

s.d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
would probably be more like making candy and adding nicotine and your flavorings.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not a doctor or scientist but if the liquid has nic in it, probably not the best idea I have heard of.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a doctor or scientist but if the liquid has nic in it, probably not the best idea I have heard of.
Isnt it the same nic thats used in the quit smoking gum and lozenges?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

sometimes i lick my fingers when i dribble juice on them. most of the ones i have slurped up taste pretty good. i don't see why you couldn't ingest it if you vape it. it all goes in your body. but the nicotine doesn't absorb into your blood as fast thru your digestive system as it does thru your respiratory system. i sound like i know what i'm talking about, don't i? i don't. :p

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had Keystone Vapor rock candy. It was in the same flavors as the e juice and it was tasty! No nic.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What could i put it in, so i can absorb it through my mouth? I currently have to use snus frequently and want to make something so I can stop buying it.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rock candy? Lol. Just don't chew it.

Yep. I see no reason why a person couldn't make candy with DIY flavors and nic. My guess is the only reason it's not done by a manufacturer would be because of accusations of appealing to kids. That's probably why nic gum mostly still tastes awful. :eek:

Nic on it's own doesn't really taste very good anyway.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What could i put it in, so i can absorb it through my mouth? I currently have to use snus frequently and want to make something so I can stop buying it.

popsicles?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know. Maybe you could do like the guy in the video I'm about to post does with snuff. Soak a wood dowel or toothpick in the juice. Check it out.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have long wondered what concentration of nic would be reasonable in a VG-based lotion, for times when vaping isn't possible. I saw some marketed briefly, but my calculations showed you'd have to bathe in it to get a decent dose.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The nic in juice is made in a lab and is not intended for topical or oral injestion, I've had a tank bust in my pocket and it just about made me have a heart attack. It absorbs straight into the skin

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The nic in juice is made in a lab and is not intended for topical or oral injestion, I've had a tank bust in my pocket and it just about made me have a heart attack. It absorbs straight into the skin
How is it different that whats in the gum?

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm no chemist, I'm just going with my instincts on this one

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think its the same shit. Nic is nic. You just got an overdose. Same thing would happen if you chain vaped 24mg for an hour

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd love to know how this goes. Since I can't vape near/around work, this would be awesome.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd love to know how this goes. Since I can't vape near/around work, this would be awesome.
I've seen a type of e juice that produces no vapor, I cannot remember the name bit an internet search should do you good.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want nic in oral form, buy Nicotine Lozenges. If you want to apply it to your skin, buy the patches. If you want to chew your nic, buy nic gum.

If you want to vape your eLiquid with nic, then vape it. Some paths don't need exploration.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont want to pay the crazy prices for the gum. If i can figure out how to make it i would also be able to customize the strength. I need a chef to come school me on how this can be done.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a really good idea, actually--except for the reason Time pointed out. Oh, they'd be all over that like a fly on ... candy. Still, we could do it for now. I bet if it were tasty people would carry it in vape shops.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is just for my personal use. Tired of paying 5 bucks for a can of snus.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want nic in oral form, buy Nicotine Lozenges. If you want to apply it to your skin, buy the patches. If you want to chew your nic, buy nic gum.

If you want to vape your eLiquid with nic, then vape it. Some paths don't need exploration.

LOL. By your standards, I guess we should just go buy our juice too.

DIY(Do It Yourself) :p

krazy.chic

Member For 4 Years
I've seen liquid they sell on Amazon, with nicotine in it, for making gum. It looks like similar stuff we would use to make ejuice. The best I can remember, it was 40 mg... but I could be wrong. Look that product up and maybe you can find out how to make the gum.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I am going to try and melt down some cough drops, add nic and re-harden them. I need a mold as well. Need to take a trip to micheals soon.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gummie bears?
Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing Of teeth on low mg content from the anti's

SAMSUNG say whaaaaaat?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

same nic, just different form of suspension..
I wouldnt recommend using our nic in that way..
first, it will decrease in strength, and second, i dont want any candy with nic in it around my son..

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
same nic, just different form of suspension..
I wouldnt recommend using our nic in that way..
first, it will decrease in strength, and second, i dont want any candy with nic in it around my son..

It's not a different form of suspension. It's VG. And even if it was, it makes no difference on the nic. Unless it oxidizes considerably, I see no basis for a reduction in strength and it should go without saying that anyone with kids around shouldn't allow them access to candy with nic in it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It's not a different form of suspension. It's VG. And even if it was, it makes no difference on the nic. Unless it oxidizes considerably, I see no basis for a reduction in strength and it should go without saying that anyone with kids around shouldn't allow them access to candy with nic in it.

add heat, nic degrades..
here.. only thing i know of, explained into detail on making candy with our flavors..
good luck adding nic in.. maybe if you went above your strength needed.. but how would you test it out?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/...ou_know_you_can_make_candy_from_your_flavors/

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
add heat, nic degrades..
here.. only thing i know of, explained into detail on making candy with our flavors..
good luck adding nic in.. maybe if you went above your strength needed.. but how would you test it out?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/...ou_know_you_can_make_candy_from_your_flavors/

Okay. add heat, nic degrades. What does nic do on a red hot atty coil? :D

Make the candy then stir in nic before it cools. The temperature is quite low compared to a coil when we vape. Any reduction in strength would be quite minimal and inconsequential. Let's not forget, this isn't a new science. Nic gum, lozenges and even nic lollipops are and have been made. The lollipops were not allowed to be sold because of the kid thing. The only difference is DIY.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think i will not add any nic to mine.. ;)
but you can do what ever you wish..

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After all the studies that were conducted by Kurt and the rest, it takes extremely high temps to degrade nic. The amount of degradation would be minimal.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Amazon sells supplies for DIY nic gum.

Me, were I going to look for a vaping alternative, it would be gum. Little square of gum would be less of an attraction then candy, to young kids.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Amazon sells supplies for DIY nic gum.

Me, were I going to look for a vaping alternative, it would be gum. Little square of gum would be less of an attraction then candy, to young kids.

now that is a heck of an idea too.. hmm maybe we can add more flavors to that too..
but i like putting flavors into cookies and cakes and my coffee..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I would imagine the biggest concern would be un even distribution throughout you candies unless you put the exact same amount in individual candy molds when they are just almost cooled. I wouldnt add it before you put it in the molds. It would work most defiantly. you wouldnt believe the stuff they put in suckers round these parts ;)

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just curious ... what are these parts? I am in ca... and you can get various "medical" things in all kinds of candies.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The flavors we use for DIY juices are the same flavors used for candy, food, drinks, etc. Pretty sure that manufacturers aren't making extracts specifically for ejuice creation, they were making them for foods long before the vaping community found them and started using them.

I don't know about adding already mixed juice to candy, but I see no reason to say that the flavoring extracts couldn't be added to candy along with some nic.

Only concern would be the heat causing evaporation. If you want even distribution, you'd have to *mix* it in while the candy is still liquid and hot, think around 200-250F for hard candies. Probably a lot less for soft/gummy candies. Caramel might be better then both, don't think it needs to get as hot.

Standard sugar based rock candy would likely be the easiest. Dissolve sugar in water, add flavoring extract and nic, let the water evaporate naturally to leave rock candy. But the nic might dissipate and flavoring might evaporate with the water, or become very concentrated in the sugar if you based the amount of nic/extract on the volume of water used (just taking wild guesses).

Last edited:

VU Sponsors