Become a Patron!

altering premixed E-liquid to not be so sweet

bulbophyllum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello,

I'm 44 and have been smoking unfiltered cigs for 25 years. I'm trying to like vaping. I have tried many "non sweet" cigarette tobacco flavored e-liquids. At 75% pg and 6 nic. They all taste too sweet to me. I feel like I'm "smoking" a caramel. I know vaping will never be like smoking a cigarette. But, I think the base liquid in itself is too sweet to me.

I am new to vaping and still trying to figure it all out. But, I really think I need to add a bittering agent to even the premixed liquids I vape to make them enjoyable to me. There was a product called bitter wizard. But, it seems to be out of stock anymore. Is there something similar that I can get to tone down the sweet taste?

gary

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Try a NET (naturally extracted tobacco) eliquid.
There is no flavoring added, the juice is soaked in tobacco (usually cigar tobacco) to give it as tobacco flavoring.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the sweet thing is a given with vaping. I have yet to find a solution to this....... I just, got used to it enough to not have had a cigarette in 1 1/2 years after 40 years of supporting Marlboro. I'll second the NET Ejuice. I this is a good venor for these, http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/... The only real issue with NETs is they are very hard on wicks and coils. So a Rebuildable atomizer is recommended.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello,

I'm 44 and have been smoking unfiltered cigs for 25 years. I'm trying to like vaping. I have tried many "non sweet" cigarette tobacco flavored e-liquids. At 75% pg and 6 nic. They all taste too sweet to me. I feel like I'm "smoking" a caramel. I know vaping will never be like smoking a cigarette. But, I think the base liquid in itself is too sweet to me.

I am new to vaping and still trying to figure it all out. But, I really think I need to add a bittering agent to even the premixed liquids I vape to make them enjoyable to me. There was a product called bitter wizard. But, it seems to be out of stock anymore. Is there something similar that I can get to tone down the sweet taste?

gary

Many pre-made tobaccos have Caramel, and other flavors blended in, and the same thing with many tobacco flavors used in DIY.
Pretty difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of the sweetness in pre-made juices IMO.
You will probably need to keep trying out different brands til you find something you like, (smaller sample sizes are better for trying out new blends).
Carefully read the descriptions as some will mention Caramel, Nutty, etc.
Higher VG ratios will also have more of a sweet taste.

Way more control if going the DIY route.
I use a mix of:
2% FE Parlor (EXC only), or VZ-SC Parliament (same thing but costs more)
2% INW (WG) Virgina Tobacco Absolute
0.5-1% INW (WG) DNB (Dirty Neutral Base)

Plain Tobacco without any "extra baggage".

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There was a product called bitter wizard. But, it seems to be out of stock anymore.
If you're in the states, it's available here, too. http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...or-additives/bitter-wizard-by-flavourart.html
http://www.rtsvapes.com/Bitter_Wizard_Flavor_p/b100.htm

If not in the states, direct from FlavourArt would be another place.

Another idea, though it would give it an ashy taste, would be their Black Fire flavoring. Use SPARINGLY, it's very strong. Like 0.25% to 0/5%, or you could add one of the bold nut flavors, or even their Black Pepper concentrate, also very strong, I'd recommend the same percentages.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I was gonna suggest ECX.

However... since you've never tried it and don't know if it will work -- I have a bottle of it, but since I don't do any tobacco flavors anymore, can't abide that taste, I have no more use for it at all -- if you will send me a private message (a "conversation") with your address I will send you the bottle I have, from which I have used VERY little. The stuff does work, very well -- I had the same exact problem with most tobacco flavors, but the Bitter Wizard brought it back to something more like actual tobacco taste.

Andria

bulbophyllum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks,

Everyone has been very helpful. Thank you. I talked to a dude at Naturally Extracted Tobacco, he was really nice and helpful. I have 2 different liquids coming from them. Thank you for the links for bitter wizard and the black fire. I'm going to order and try both of them. I may go the diy method. As I do with everything else in my life. But, for right now fixing quality premix liquids is where I can go on this. If I can get the sweetness figured out I can turn my girlfriend on to vaping. She hates sweet as much as I do.

gary

Darkalchemistvapors

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Most of the non N.E.T. tobacco e-juices are too sweet the same thing happened to me when I started vaping. Believe me I get you, that's why I started a Naturally Extracted Tobacco e-juice store. One thing that I used to do was mixing 30 ml of non N.E.T. e-juice with 5 or 6 drops of pure lemon juice then let it steep for 4 to 5 days shaking it daily. That will help with the sweetness but it won't take it away. The only non N.E.T. Tobacco e-juice that I found to be decent was The Duke from www.indigovapor.com it's not sweet at all. But the thing is that since we were regular smokers we will always know the difference between artificial tobacco flavor and natural tobacco flavor. So my recommendation is that you stick to Naturally Extracted Tobacco, http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com is a great vendor and Clay (the owner) is very friendly and helpful.

As for the gunk on the coils that the N.E.T. produces, that's the price that we all have to pay if we want to vape a N.E.T. The only way to remove all the gunk would kill the whole purpose of the natural extraction. Vendors do all they can to minimize gunk production but it will always be there.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ah the good old days ... i always suggest new converts that can to avoid trying to find an exact taste and focus on finding something you can enjoy but to each their own and good luck with your hunt for a less sweet juice that you can enjoy. with that said maybe something in the savory alse might help.

Darkalchemistvapors

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
ah the good old days ... i always suggest new converts that can to avoid trying to find an exact taste and focus on finding something you can enjoy but to each their own and good luck with your hunt for a less sweet juice that you can enjoy. with that said maybe something in the savory alse might help.

You are right, the first thing that one has to accept is that you won't find a vape that will taste exactly like a cigarette. Mostly because cigarette tobacco is so low quality that doesn't make a good extract. For example I used to smoke menthol and now this is my daily vape REMOVED BY STAFF it's on the savory and spicy side and I prefer that over the sweet tobacco vapes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors