Become a Patron!

Almost no flavor from RDA

Hello! I'm nemenoobie, new to the forums.

My problem is I can't get much flavor from my Crown RDA, I've tried plenty of coils with not much improvement.

Coils I've tried all 28g: Dual regular coils at .5 ohms, slight flavor; Single micro coil at 1.5, not better at all; single micro coil at 1.1 no improvement; newest build is dual micro coil at .5 ohms with a little more flavor than any stated.

I can't fully enjoy my Vapor Chef order and it's almost gone, I always heard 'RDAs have sooo much more flavor' but I can't seem to find it.

My iTaste vv3 with a protank mini had tons more flavor than this.

My RDA has an air control ring goes from about .5mm to 3mm.

Any suggestions?? I'm so disappointed.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no experience of the RDA you use, but what I can tell you is, all RDAs aren't born equals. For instance, I experienced the same thing you do with the Igo W4: it's just a crap atomizer, plain and simple. Yours might be too.

A good measure of how good you can expect an RDA to be is the size of the chamber: the smaller the better usually. If it's wide and roomy, don't expect much of it.

Also, your juice might not be as good as you think: have you tasted it in other atomizers/clearos?

Finally, if you can open up the air flow, do so: the looser the draw, the more flavorful the vape. You can also try to drop the power and take longer hits.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapor chef uses flavors sparingly, I like more flavor in my juice.

Your wick may be part of it too. Silica? Cotton? Japanese cotton? Cellucotton?

I'm using 100% natural cotton.

The chamber is relatively small, can't bring the coils too far put or in.

It might be the juice like you said, have some more coming in Friday from Vapor Trails.

Any coil suggestions?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cotton wick should be somewhat loose in the coil to give it room to expand after juice has been added. Could be the wick is getting choked off too.

For a high flowing atty I like 0.3 ohm 2.5mm micro coils.
For a more restricted air flow like the magma or origin i like to build at about 0.5 ohm 2.5mm to 2.0mm coil.

Everyone's different though, just gotta find your sweet spot. Also 26g (0.5 build range) and 24g (0.3 build range) wire is good to have, the different gauges all act a little different.
I like to have 6 to 8 wraps and change wire gauge if my target resistance is taking me above or below that wrap count.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors