Become a Patron!

All new to all this will low watt mess up coil

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone I'm new to all this the baling and forums and all I got a smok alien 220w kit with the big baby tank and they say not to use over 6mg of nicotine but I'm using 12mg and they say run between 50-70 watt but I'm only running at 30 with the juice I'm using and it's doing great the way it's set up so wanted to ask does anyone think that running the way I am worse for coils being below the recommended watts or will this prolong the life cause it's not so hot I'm not looking for huge clouds just getting away from cigarettes and want to use this instead

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any questions you come across, these fine vapers can most likely answer.

welcome to VU. :)
I really appreciate everyone being so cool about everything I must say for my first forum it's been a pleasant experience only issue I had was just getting started with a tread and got help pretty fast with that and once again thank you

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hope to come across a few good ppl as friends on here and stick around for a long time

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @kerfree and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I fire many of my coils below what the manufacturer recommends and as long as you aren't flooding the coils and getting a mouthful of liquid it sounds like it is working for you! In my opinion you can't damage anything using lower wattage.

Vape On Safely my friend!

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome @kerfree and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I fire many of my coils below what the manufacturer recommends and as long as you aren't flooding the coils and getting a mouthful of liquid it sounds like it is working for you! In my opinion you can't damage anything using lower wattage.

Vape On Safely my friend!
Yeah so far so good so I'm just running with what's working for me I didn't think that it would be harder on it like that just wanted to see what some vape vets opinions was on it since I'm brand new to it all

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my opinion lower wattage makes coils last a lot longer. I get 5-10K puffs on my Baby Beast X4 Quad coils at 25-27.5W. Some argue that they would get no vapor but I take very long hits and sometime hit the 10 second cutoff on my MOD. I like a cool smooth vape and not a hot vapor. But even using my TC tanks I chain vape so long the tank gets pretty warm!

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my opinion lower wattage makes coils last a lot longer. I get 5-10K puffs on my Baby Beast X4 Quad coils at 25-27.5W. Some argue that they would get no vapor but I take very long hits and sometime hit the 10 second cutoff on my MOD. I like a cool smooth vape and not a hot vapor. But even using my TC tanks I chain vape so long the tank gets pretty warm!
My thoughts was right along the same line that it would make it last longer at lower watts and I'm with you on the cooler and smooth at the lower watts it's just so much smoother like that to me

can anyone help please I have a amok alien 220w and need the firmware but the amok website isn't working. Can anyone send me the firmware please

Rev

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
can anyone help please I have a amok alien 220w and need the firmware but the amok website isn't working. Can anyone send me the firmware please
UPGRADE YOUR ALIEN mod VB1.0.2 to VB1.0.3 https://odhk2xgq4.qnssl.com/file/14910311529967rg0jnw28m5r97h370cigousor.zip
This link works for me. You have to make sure you have the right version. When you power on your mod you will see the version on the splash screen. The other versions on the site seem to be working for me as well. You might have to reload the page.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can vape a premade coil at low watts. Just listen for any gurgling sounds coming from your atomizer. That means the coil is flooded. Not all coils get flooded from what I know though. It just means you've gone too low to where the coil has trouble vaporizing the juice correctly. That's why they tell you not to vape at low watts - because the coils tend to get flooded sometimes. Also, some of your juices will vape better at higher watts as well. The apple pie juice I sometimes buy is like that. I'll smoke that at around 120 or so, and the fruity juices I'll vape at 75-90 to get the full tone.

You can vape at low watts on an RDA coil no problem though.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors