Alcohol smell e juice

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just recieved some new juice im trying in the mail today, its a vanilla custard, 120 ml bottle, 8 mg, 70 vg 30 pg. I shook up bottle & opened cap to smell & its a strong alcohol like smell. The company does say on there site they add alcohol or distilled water to high vg juice. It has BOD ( born on date ) 12/11/2014. So it was just made few days ago. What should i do. Ive heard of steeping but never had to do it, if i put it in my nautilus itll prob taste bad eh? Like alcohol?

Not_A_Doctor

Member For 4 Years
I would pour up a few 12 ml. bottles and leave the lids off for a few days or longer and see if that regulates the flavors. What company made it? Is this the first time you've bought it in a 120 ml?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alcohol evaporates rather quickly. Leave the cap off for a day or two.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its vader puddin from www.mapleleafvapes.com yeah it is the first time I've ordered from them. Its 70 VG 30 PG, wanted to try some high vg as the only other juice i was vaping is 70 pg 30 vg, & i was getting a reaction from it, i think. i had red itchy bumps and real itchy arms/legs/chest. Also wanted high vg because i wanted more vapor. So you say leave the cap off for a day? Its a 120 ml bottle but they included a 30 ml glass dropper bottle to. Should i take cap off whole 120 ml bottle or just fill 30 ml bottle & leave cap off that.

Not_A_Doctor

Member For 4 Years
Fill the 30 ml. and leave the top off of both. I have had similar issues withat 120 ml s and it always seem to help when I steeped in smaller bottles. (At least it really seemed that way.)

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks. So leave caps off and i know when its ok to fill my nautilus when the alcohol smell is gone? After maybe 12-24 hours, if it doesnt smell of alcohol its good to go?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Start with 24 hours stored in a warm place with the cap off. Then go to 48 hours if that don't work.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The juice I get smells and tastes terrible until I let the 'perfume' evaporate. Hopefully that's all your stuff needs.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mix three different juices. When I get them I put them in one of these so I only have to mix them once. 105 ml just fits. Found out that leaving the lid off for 12 hours lets all the evaporation I need to take place. The large surface area of the exposed juice really speeds the process for me. Just thought I'd share. Good luck.
MhDS5Xv.jpg

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks guys. So i'll shake the bottle good. Then fill up the 30 ml glass dropper bottle & leave the lids off both. I just watched one of rip trippers video's on steeping & breathing, & he says when breathing, dont leave cap off for more then 12 hours, if you leave it off too long you will loose alot of flavour & nicotine strength will be less. So ill check periodically & see if alcohol scent goes away

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I left caps off overnight, been 12 hours still strong scent of alcohol in the 120 ml bottle seems to be worse. it does seem like little bottle isnt as strong although there is 3x as much in big bottle, it has much bigger lid so it should get airflow better. 30 ml glass dropper bottle still smells of alc to. I cant smell anything other then it , should smell like vanilla custard... :(. so maybe i should put lid back on 120 ml since itll be week or two till i need refill 30 ml bottle. I just dont wanna loose flavor/nicotine. I havent even tried it yet because of smell. Would it taste bad like alcohol to?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For my stuff, the smell and taste don't always match. You should try vaping a very small amount with fresh wicks to take inventory of its 'just got it' flavor. Decide what to do from there. Also, if you want to speed up the evaporation of such a large quantity of juice, expose more surface area. I've heard people say they get a Pyrex baking dish and pour their juice in it. The perfume/alcohol evaporation happens fast and then they put it back in the bottle. I've also used an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner filled with hot water, put the bottle in with the lid off and let it work the juice that way for a while.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish i had more tanks only have a nautilus, so im afraid if i fill itll taste like alcohol. They did include a free 10 ml fruit smoothie juice that was made in june so its good to go, guess that will fill my nautilus couple times and give juice few more days. Should i just cap them back up and let them steep? Still big alcohol scent from big bottle which i breathed 12 hours. 30 ml i breathed maybe 20 hours & still alc smell , not as bad but not smelling vanilla custard yet. I dont wanna breath to long if ill loose nic & flavour, its only 8 mg im used to 12 so id rather not loose more if its true. Also from seeing pics of vader puddin it looked darker brown, its a light brown almost goldish atm.will it get darker and get thicker ?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine will oxidize and lose strength over time. Darkening can happen over time as well. My juice is max vg so it's already thick, but after opening the main container over the course of a month to refill the smaller fill bottles, it gets even thicker. I end up having to add about a drop of distilled water to every 2ml's to thin it back out a little so I don't have wicking issues. I've steeped certain juices for weeks and it still tastes like crap until I breathe it. Some are fine as soon as I get it. Some of my stuff never smells like it tastes and some does. Heat, shaking, time and evaporation. Some combination of any or all of those four things. You'll just have to experiment and see what works for you.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I put the bottles in ziplock bags in a dark cupboard and when i open it im starting to smell some yummy stuff. Is needing to steep juice common? Do alot of companies sell freshly made, i guess it means ill have to start ordering it way ahead of time. I think it needs more time, id just hate to fill my nautilus and have it not taste good. But i guess maybe i should because is there any other way then vaping it to tell if its ready? Its still a clear yellowish, from seeing pics it looked brown, should i wait till its brown. Ive been taking it out daily to smell & i shake it good so theres tons of tiny air bubbles in there. Should i be shaking it up daily or just leave it

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shaking can only help. Some juice is ready upon arrival, some need steeping for different amounts of time. The only way to know when it's ready is to vape it and see. If its been sitting a few days and you've let it breathe some, it's about time to try. Maybe try this - Empty and clean tank, clean the current coil and wick, or install new ones. Sample a very small amount of the new juice. If its not ready, remove the coil and wick for use during next taste test. That way it's being tested with a clean setup so you're only tasting the juice you're checking. You only have to learn a certain juice's steeping requirements once. Ordering early is common.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks. The color is still real light, from seeing pics of it looked brown. But maybe mines real light because i customised it to 70 vg 30 pg & their juices are default 50/50. Smell in little 30 ml glass bottle is coming along, the 120ml still pretty alcholy, but thats ok time i need to refill with 120ml itll be 2-3 weeks so it should be fully steeped by then. Just filled my nautilus with some fruit smoothie 50/50 yesterday, first time ive tried more vg that 70 pg 30 vg. Its way diffrent, dont feel the inhale at all then it suprises me how much vapor it was lol. The custards goona be even more smoother @ 70vg i wong feel it goin in what so ever. I did get 8 mg nic thinking itd be ok, was @ 12. Little to much of a leap there im goona go back to 12 next time. But i noticed ill just naturally go down , started @ 18 and got headaches after a while.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use max vg because pg gives me headaches. To compensate for the smoothness and lack of throat hit with 12mg or lower max vg juice, I use flavors with menthol. Not mint, menthol. You taste mint. With menthol I taste the other flavors in my mouth, but I feel the menthol in my throat, lungs and sinuses. I wasn't a menthol smoker, but I need the menthol in my vape. You can buy menthol crystals and add it to anything. Might be helpful.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed now that im vaping a 50/50 juice, its not at warm. When i was vaping 70 pg/ 30 vg,@ 11 watts on my mvp2 it was nice and warm. Now with the 50 50 its not warm at all even maxed out on my mvp 11 w. Is that just how vg is? Im guessing with vg it needs to be higher watts because of thickness?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I quit using pg so shortly after starting to vape that I don't know about the difference in warmth. I know that my evod2 clearomizer on my mvp2 with a custom rebuilt coil head using 28g wire, cotton wick and max vg produces lots of vapor but no warmth at 11watts. My kayfun with a similar coil/wick combo and the same juice starts making warm vapor at about 15watts. I run it at 17-19watts usually.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive just started using higher vg & it gives no throat hit at all, 8 mg... dont feel the inhale atall. Is that just how high vg is?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Low pg, low nic and to some extent low power usually results in low or no throat hit. Adding menthol is a common solution.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Custards can take a while to steep and considering it's light in color compared to the other picture you saw, I'd say that it just needs to sit a while. As for VG, yes. It is more resistant to heat and has less of a throat hit. That is why "cloud chasers" typically use a very high VG juice, on top of the vapor production being greater. With a higher VG, it typically takes longer to steep as well due to the thickness. I give my juices a hot water bath but that's because I DIY and it's right after I mix it. The hot water thins the VG temporarily and I feel like it's better able to mix with the other elements (flavors/etc) that way. Either way though, you'll probably just have to wait. Don't give up on it just yet.

VU Sponsors