Become a Patron!

Airflow problems on my builds

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a lemo 1 and a Kanger Subtank mini. No matter how I wrap my coils or wick my cotton, my airflow tightens up on me mid vape. When I hit the button and fire up, halfway through my vape the draw is cut in half and will stay that way for hits and then open up briefly before tightening up again. Without firing the button the draw seems fine on both. I'm using an ileaf 30 and an ileaf 50. They do this at all wattage. Running 50/50 juice. Any advice?

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe coil is to close to air hole and when it heats up the coil expands and blocks the air flow. Just a guess.

Ice_Berg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe coil is to close to air hole and when it heats up the coil expands and blocks the air flow. Just a guess.
Either that, or the cotton is a bit loose and that is blocking the airflow. I've had that happen with rebuilt Melo atomizers

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried making vertical coils with the wick around the coil instead of through it so the air flow is not covered at all.

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Guys, I have not tried vertical coils but I shall. Appreciate the suggestions.

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stupid, stupid question. Does the airflow pass through the cotton, or around it when you vape?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could you post a pic of your build ?
8b988bf11b4e4bdefdacdcb415b24c16.jpg
ae3d356fe2faf851d4519f355aed3617.jpg
.not actually mine but how I do it.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't wrap the wick as tight or as thick as pictured and fluff the tips an rest them on the ledge with none in the channel or it wont wick properly.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And when you posted about the air goin through cotton or around I thought you were on about a normal coil.lol.

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And when you posted about the air goin through cotton or around I thought you were on about a normal coil.lol.
No I meant on a build.

I just reworked my current build and wicked it a little differently by shortening the ends. Airflow is better but vapor production dropped. Anyone care to post where exactly the tips should fall on the deck? My airflow holes are completely unblocked at the moment.

All the good things I have read about this tank, I'm not feeling it. Flavor or vapor. No doubt it is operator error, but I keep waiting for it to knock my socks off. My go to right now is the Atlantis. If I could get a rebuildable along those lines I would be in heaven! Thanks ya'll.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Lemo and a Subtank. I had trouble getting them firing right at first, but once I did, they are very enjoyable. I was using my own 50/50 mix, and went through a few coils to try and get it right. I made some 70/30 juice one day, and it made all the difference in the world.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Lemo and a Subtank. I had trouble getting them firing right at first, but once I did, they are very enjoyable. I was using my own 50/50 mix, and went through a few coils to try and get it right. I made some 70/30 juice one day, and it made all the difference in the world.
70 pg or vg?

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did switch to 70/30 on this last build, but it totally kills the flavor for me compared to 50/50. My airflow did improve, but I can't get any more than a four second inhale without getting a dry hit at the end at 24 watts.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds to me like you have a wicking problem. Hard to say without seeing the exact build you are having issues with. Too much cotton restricts air flow.

When you said you got better flavor when you had the problem tells me this is most likely the case. You want the cotton to be fluffy but not directly on the air holes. Just a slight space is all you need.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Do a google search on "{your RBAs name} coil build" and you should find some videos to look at.

VU Sponsors