Become a Patron!

Airflow, or lack of airflow, what a difference...

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've been vaping on the Lemo v1 for a while, I just left the airflow as is, and it came wide open. The flavor was so so, vaping was so so on, definitely no complaints, I love the tank so far. But there is something that was just missing....

So today I decided to mess with the air flow, I closed it completely and vaped, wow, flavor and warmth went up ten fold, a little too hot though so I opened it a tad, perfect..

Now I always thought MORE airflow is better, in my case less is definitely better with this tank.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a678af33b2616bdb1f72ecdf200370bd.jpg
17f00a542de07de858301a34987218d1.jpg
20b290010860ae8325d7f2d03bca1eff.jpg

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More airflow = Bigger, cooler cloud less taste
Less airflow = Denser hotter cloud more taste

I know everyone has personal tastes, but man, I don't know why everyone wouldn't want more flavor and the thicker cloud feeling with LESS airflow

rades

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a great analogy haha

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I'm a bit opposite. I absolutely love the Lemo v1. I have 3 of them (2 full size and 1 drop) and they were just about all I vaped for about a year. After a while I started to feel that the airflow was a bit tight. The flavor and smoothness from the Lemo is always fantastic, but the more open I set it the more I liked it. Soon I had removed the adjustment ring from all of them and eventually I drilled out the side air holes to boost it a bit. The more airflow I got the more I liked the vape experience. After getting a couple newer, airier, tanks, I had a harder time enjoying the restrictive air from the Lemo v1. I even drilled out the side holes on the center pin on 2 of them to see if I could get more air but it was a no go. After getting a Crown tank I retired my Lemo's. I'll probably give them to a friend. They're fantastic tanks that never leaked or gave me dry hits and always delivered smooth flavor.

Now, I should say that I much prefer light flavored vapes to strong flavored vapes. I can definitely see how anybody who prefers bold flavored vapor could have the opposite experience. I even cut a couple of my eliquids down with plain VG/PG or flavorless juice to make strong juices milder. Everybody has different tastes.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now, I should say that I much prefer light flavored vapes to strong flavored vapes. I can definitely see how anybody who prefers bold flavored vapor could have the opposite experience. I even cut a couple of my eliquids down with plain VG/PG or flavorless juice to make strong juices milder. Everybody has different tastes.

I do the same thing, and like you, I progressed. Lung hits are a must for me, My first RTA was the dreaded Kayfun 3.1. I drilled the airhole out as much as I dared, always had great flavor, but teased me with the almost lung hit.

I think its pretty safe to say that there are tanks now that have all that flavor, even more, and are equal to some of the best RDAs, without the hassle.

When I first started vaping, I liked really strong flavors, now its hard to describe, I still like the flavor, warmth is a part of it, but also the nuance of the flavor. And I like having lots of it. There is a constantly changing relationship between flavor, and volume. (clouds) But those times when you hit it right, and have the flavor, AND clouds are fantastic. For me, most of the time, too much is just right.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally like light flavors too my cigs didn't have overpowering flavors i don't want to Vape too much flavoring either or colors

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am now preferring tanks I have tried dripping I'm very new BUT I hate having to open and add more juice lol
Onxe or twice a day is all I wanna mess with!
I don't think I'll buy more doubt it
Plus the dry hit u don't want to get YUCK
What dripper has the best deepest well! What would be ideal is an RDA that u can Vape for 1/2 hour without worries lol

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What dripper has the best deepest well! What would be ideal is an RDA that u can Vape for 1/2 hour without worries lol

Shhhh!! You'll summon all the Squonk-ites!! Their fanatical zeal is more frightening than a Hare Krishna Amway salesman! lolol

VU Sponsors