Become a Patron!

Aerotank v2 flooding

poptart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got my new aerotank yesterday and I can't get it to stop flooding and gurgling. Any advice?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, First you need to clear out the access juice. Then open up the airflow channel all the way. The vacuum created when airflow is restricted causes more juice than needed to get sucked into the coil chamber, causing flooding.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are a lot of different variables that could lead to this problem. My first thought, you are not pushing enough watts for the dual coil build. Dual coils require more watts. It also could be that the ejuice is too thin. But more than likely not enough watts. What type of battery are you using? Is it a VV?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well.. start turning up the watts some more. What ohm coil setup do you have in it? If it says 2.0ohms then there are two 4ohm coils in it. if it is a 1.8ohm setup then you have 2 3.6ohm coils in it. So it requires more power in order to vaporize the juice properly.

So lets say if you had a 1.5ohm dual coil(that's two 3ohm coils), you would need to vape at 15 watts. If your coil is higher ohms than that, then you will need to increase the watts even more. So yes, your watts are too low. At least that's what the chart says, lol. Just go to 15 watts and see how it goes. Good luck. I don't know what the amp limit is for the mvp off hand.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use the new kanger .8 sub ohm coils in my mod with a 35amp limit battery and it vapes real nice. No amp limit on that though. I used to vape 1.8ohm coils on my APV at around 4.5 to 5 volts and got a good vape out of that setup for me. No leaks.

poptart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I let it sit overnight and it was flooded before I even hit it. New coils maybe?

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do the coils that came with it have the short stem or the long stem? The long stem kanger coils are the good ones. Also is the juice you are using high in PG content? PG is thinner than VG and can tend to wick too much and cause flooding. I tend to use either 80vg over 20pg juice or %100pg juice in my kanger builds(well that's the mix ratio i use exclusively, lol). Honestly, I have never had a problem with flooding over night. I really don’t know what could have caused that accept for a poorly built coil. So yeah, try a new coil.

poptart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe they are the long stem
Its the v2. I will go pick up some new coils. Thanks for your help

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All of the above are right , new coil ,for sure I have no patience, for something that does not work !! The more air flow the less juice it picks up.

Necro in case anyone looks here for answers (like I did).

I was having the same issue on a coil that was about a month old. Replaced it, opened up the airway to about half (I use really high VG), and it works like a dream now. I'm guessing that the coil was just worn out. Hope this helps someone else at some point.

Navstar162

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can some help my aero tank v2 keeps filling the bowl under the coil up and stop vapour ing I have to clean it out every day im running a 1.8ohm with the kangertech ipow2 witch is a vw battery I just want it to stop flooding and work all the time

Attachments

• WP_20150626_06_10_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150626_06_10_06_Pro.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 10

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you have a bad o-ring that is not sealing in the juice in the tank, have you tried a different tank, or replacing the o-ring?

Navstar162

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you have a bad o-ring that is not sealing in the juice in the tank, have you tried a different tank, or replacing the o-ring?
The tank don't leak just flooding in the bowl and no vape proper

Navstar162

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey people i got my self a subtank nano and the glass has chiped and i cant understand why as is had amazing reviews so why would this happend iv done everything i was meant to do iv just upgraded from the kangertech aerotank v2 witch iv had no end of problems with im testing all kind of ecigs out i just cant get my head around how they can charge so much for somthing that just brakes in a day of having all help is true and welcome some please help as its doing my nut in i cant afford to keep paying out for this stuff im ament to be saving money and giving up smoking but buy the looks of this smoking looks cheeper ahahaha

VU Sponsors