Become a Patron!

Aerotank coils.

The Vaping Goat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm about to lend some of my kit out to a friend who is struggling to stay away from the cigs. The biggest problem she has imo is that she's got an awful Vivid effort of a clearo.
I was thinking that my Aerotank v2 and iStick30 would be ideal for her so she can see what a real bit of inexpensive but decent kit can do.
My problem being the coils. As any of you who have owned any of the tanks that use these coils will know, there are a variety available ranging from useless to aww yiss!
The useless are the early ones and 'upgraded' ones with a particular juice hole spacing. The ok ones have different hole spacing and the aww yiss ones have a single slotted juice hole either side.
Obviously I want to supply her with some aww yiss but I cannot for the life of me find any anywhere.
There's apparently some Japanese cotton coils coming out too but I can't find any of those either.
So..... can any of you supply me a link to obtain 100% guaranteed slotted hole coils, or the new Japanese cotton ones?
Preferably in the UK but I'm willing to ship them over if it doesn't go into silly money for a few packs.

The Vaping Goat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They're the two holes either side coils. I looked through all 6 replacement coil SKU's and didn't see any slotted holes.

The Vaping Goat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They're not the ones, they don't fit the Aerotank.
These coils are almost impossible to find, I think they may have stopped making them.
Further research led me to finding out they're version 2.2

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heres a little tip for you on the slotted versus non slotted...Its the same coils heads...The ones you see with holes instead of slots on them are a simple sleeve that covers the slots...Pull off that sleeve and you have the older version of the s slotted coil head.;)

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those top chimneys are very difficult to pull off but once they are off you can wiggle the sleeve off to reveal your large slots...Some are easy to take off and some arent.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Youre looking for the old style heads?

The Vaping Goat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, I was looking for slotted coil ones but now I know that the two hole ones can be adapted I'll see if I can find some lying around in the back of my vaping draw.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have all 3 versions...lol...The sleeves are interchangable...its really the first dual coil design with the sleeves added..The top chimney is slightly different in how it fits inside and a different top seal otherwise its the same coil as the original.

1433409002684.jpg

The Vaping Goat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's great. I'm going to dig some out and rebuild them so I can lend the kit out. Thanks a lot for your help.

VU Sponsors