Become a Patron!

AEMSA....."yeah! The industry is trying to regulate itself." or "just an NGO version of the FDA"

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I work from home and did all of my vape shopping online. In regard to liquids, I developed a mostly humorous fear of vaping some "Ancient Chinese Secret Formaldehyde Kiwi-Berry Blast". I eventually came across AEMSA.org and have limited my online liquid purchases to AEMSA members; except for one recent MigVapor excursion.

Does AEMSA certification have any influence on your eliquid purchases?
Is the trend toward DIY so pervasive that it negates any AEMSA influence on eliquid manufacturers or shoppers opinions of AEMSA members?
Are just supposed to trust "Steampipe Willie" down at the Stop-n-Go out on Highway 62 that his fresh batch is really 50/50 and 6mg?

I am the embodiment of a noob on this site. I just want to spur dialogue.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I never heard of Aemnesia so it effects my purchasing 0%

I have been DIY juice making for almost 3 years now..why?
not because I don't trust my local shops or any of th emajor sites and manufacturer's but because its CHEAPER by ALOT . I vape 10-15mls a day many vape more than that. at $.06-.11 a ml for DIY it was a no brainer for me

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never heard of Aemnesia so it effects my purchasing 0%

I have been DIY juice making for almost 3 years now..why?
not because I don't trust my local shops or any of th emajor sites and manufacturer's but because its CHEAPER by ALOT . I vape 10-15mls a day many vape more than that. at $.06-.11 a ml for DIY it was a no brainer for me

^^^ this is me also

I occasionally (like, twice a year maybe) buy commercial juice just to try something new out, kind of like eating at a restaurant instead of cooking at home.

Never once thought about it being certified by any organization at all

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I DIY because I don't trust the vendors. because they make crap juice. because I don't like vaping kiddie flavors, and lastly because of the expense...really the expense alone is enough to make question why anyone would vape.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I DIY for several reasons, I like knowing exactly what's in my juice, and saving a bunch of money while being able to customize it any way i want to.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure I've ever bought juice from an AEMSA member. Back when I was buying pre-made juice, most of it came from a local shop that would happily make it to order if you wanted something other than their then-standard 50/50 blend, and I never got anything from them that I thought was in significantly "off" the specs I asked for.

These days, I'm almost exclusively DIY. I got into it mostly to prove to myself that the FDA could never keep me from vaping, and once that happened, there was no reason to go back to pre-made.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The e-liquid industry did itself in by modeling early pricing on mystery China liquids. As things moved along and gear got more efficient - and people consequently went though a lot more liquid - that same industry was slow to move off wanting to charge $20.00 or more for a 30 ml bottle when people started going through a 30 ml bottle in a couple days instead of a couple weeks. If you ask me AEMSA came along at a point when "certification" meant nothing to newbies, and anyone with more than 90 days experience headed straight to DIY to avoid ridiculous manufactured liquids pricing.

So what was the question again?

VU Sponsors