Become a Patron!
Hello, I've been using my crown 3 for over a while now and think about buying myself an RDA because I always wanted to get more into DIY and building my own coils.
Because there are so many RDA's on the market I wanted to get your advice.
Im looking for an RDA with great flavour and vapor production and here are some which were positively reviewed:

Drop RDA - Dual Coil build deck, deep juice well, easy to build on (on what I heard), great flavour, medium vapor producion

Dead Rabbit RDA - similar to Drop RDA, juice well not as deep, also easy to build on, great flavour and medium vapor production

Drop Dead RDA - combination of both but : ( Im not really able to by it from a german retailer)

Recurve RDA - Single coil build, great flavour, single coil not as much vapor

The Troll V2 - Dual coil build, deep juice well, great vapor production, medium flavour

So these are the ones im currently looking at ( and able to buy exept for the Drop Dead ) looking at it i'm more going for the Drop RDA but I'm wondering if it has similar vapor production to let's say The Troll or the, VGOD Elite RDA.

looking forward to all answers :)

--Mod im using is wismec rx gen 3

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use a Dead Rabbit. And I use it on my Releaux Gen3-300 watt device. Extremely easy to build as it is my first RDA as well. So simularities noted. I get very good flavor dependent on coil location on the deck. Out towards air flow tasts best. And I can not imagine needing more clouds. I can fog up a room with the best at 90 watts. So although there is probably better RDA's available that is my experience. And the Rabbits price is good also. May the Force be with you.

I use a Dead Rabbit. And I use it on my Releaux Gen3-300 watt device. Extremely easy to build as it is my first RDA as well. So simularities noted. I get very good flavor dependent on coil location on the deck. Out towards air flow tasts best. And I can not imagine needing more clouds. I can fog up a room with the best at 90 watts. So although there is probably better RDA's available that is my experience. And the Rabbits price is good also. May the Force be with you.

thank you for you personal answer :) but maybe there is someone who tried a few?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I might also suggest the Dead Rabbit along with another suggestion, the Gorge. The Gorge offers great flavor and good cloud production. Got mine set up as a squonking RDA but figure it will work as a standard driping RDA just as well. I could also a Wasp Nano but it's a bit smaller chambered & not sure that's what you're looking to go after trying to learn rebuilding. The Gorge keeps it pretty simple on building even if it seems contradictory to remove the grub screws from the RDA.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have also used a Geekvape Medusa redone which is actually a rdta without the glass. Basically a rda with a very large well (3.5mil). A very nice vape but a pita to tell when getting low on juice. Also use a Bambino. A tiny build deck but if done right a flavor machine. That is the extent of my experience. Hope you find what works for you. May the Force be with you.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have the Drop Dead, the Dead Rabbit, and the Drop Solo. Dead rabbit and drop dead vape very similar except the airflow. More airflow on the rabbit, but turbulent. Less on the Dead but very smooth. Clouds and flavor very similar. Drop Solo is a single coil and not a cloud chucker, but VERY flavorful. All 3 are easy to build and wick. Just personal preference really.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I own both the Dead Rabbit RDA and the 25mm Troll RDA 2.

The 25mm Troll RDA 2 was my first atomizer, and that got me instantly off cigarettes (on the Reuleaux RX2/3). I disagree with the generalized description of "medium flavor" for this RDA, as this very heavily depends on your coil build. With big angry coils that are capable to produce a warm wet dense saturated vape and serious big clouds eating through juice fast, this RDA really does give truly amazing flavor. Whereas, with smaller, relaxed coils, this RDA dilutes flavor so that's why it isn't the best choice for everyone for flavor. Little clouds, little flavor. Huge clouds, huge flavor. I like THAT. :) By pulling out the drip tip you can have easy access to the coils and the top of the wicks to inspect them, which makes this RDA suitable for beginners, as it is also convenient and easy to build on. But the Dead Rabbit is the better choice if you prefer to have the type of airflow that is a tad more restrictive, lending itself better for wattages closer to around 100 watts than the 25mm Troll 2 does, that is, instead of needing 140-160 watts to bring the flavor to life with the speed of juice consumption going through the roof as a result if you don't watch out. (With the 25mm Troll 2 it didn't take much effort for me to chain vape through 20ml of juice in just 4 hours time, as that's just how good it factually is if you have the absolute right coil build in it, such as staple staggered fused claptons at .11 ohms dual coil.) The Dead Rabbit gives you the option to buy a separately sold Challenge cap that comes as two different versions, the Butcher cap and the Priest cap. The Priest cap smooths out the airflow in such a way that, in my own personal experience, the Dead Rabbit with the Priest cap on it has better flavor when compared to the Drop RDA despite the Drop RDA lets you adjust the air holes whereas the Priest cap doesn't let you. However, if you get the Dead Rabbit and the Priest cap, then you gain the ability to choose between two different styles of airflow (or three if you also add in the Butcher cap) so for me anyway, the the Dead Rabbit wins. The Drop RDA gives decent flavor for me if the top row of air holes are the only air holes that are open. But this top row of air holes are positioned too high, and the Drop Dead RDA has the exact same problem. IMO anyway. This also helps to explain why I own neither the Drop nor the Drop Dead.

AnkouSitan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know it’s not a standard coil rda, but if you are looking for more flavor I would recommend the Wotofo Profile. I used mesh strips which you can buy premade or you can get your own mesh and cut it your self. I’ve been able to run it on regulated and mech mods with great flavor production and if you want tc, SS mesh works well with it too.

Not to dissuade you from coils, just my 2 cents.

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
I've got the Dead Rabbit, the Drop and the Troll.

As Carambrda mentioned: The troll and medium flavor? Nah. :)

If I would have to put it against the Dead Rabbit I would say the Dead Rabbit is a 9.5/10 and the Troll is a 8.5-9/10 flavor-wise.
The thing is that the Troll needs big coils (I use massive Aliens) and a lot of power (I'm usually at 120 Watts and above)
The vapor production is huge compared to the Dead Rabbit.

I also find it more suitable for a beginner, since it's your standard velocity style deck and in my opinion a bit more forgiving when it comes to coil placement.

The Drop I personally didn't like at all. It's a good RDA but I liked the Dead Rabbit more. However, that's personal preference ... I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who prefer the Drop.

P.S.: Greetings fellow German. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I would have to put it against the Dead Rabbit I would say the Dead Rabbit is a 9.5/10 and the Troll is a 8.5-9/10 flavor-wise.
In pure terms of flavor potential and flavor potential alone, I rate the 25mm Troll RDA 2 much, MUCH higher than just 8.5-9/10... in fact IMO it actually even trounces the Dead Rabbit by a significant margin in this regard, BUT... 20ml of juice vaped in only 4 hours time with the coil build pictured below at 140-160 watts (using the Reuleaux RX300) is why so many people disagree with me about that, i.e., to be able to make maximum use of the true flavor potential that is has... well, you really need to start looking at coil building from a whole different kind of perspective. (I'm calling it the troll perspective. :D)

build1.jpg

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Mine looks quite similar :D

Yeah the Troll really needs some massive coils.
I think my last build was something along the lines of an Alien with 3x26GA core and 35GA wrap.

I always found the Dead Rabbit to be a bit more clear when it comes to flavor.
Of course flavor wise the Troll is a punch in the face if built correctly but when it comes to more complex flavors I still find the Dead Rabbit to be a tad more differentiated if that makes any sense.
Then again, this is all personal preference

What I definitely agree with is that the Troll is a juice terminator....20 ml in 4 hours is really no big deal with that thing.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine looks quite similar :D

Yeah the Troll really needs some massive coils.
I think my last build was something along the lines of an Alien with 3x26GA core and 35GA wrap.

I always found the Dead Rabbit to be a bit more clear when it comes to flavor.
Of course flavor wise the Troll is a punch in the face if built correctly but when it comes to more complex flavors I still find the Dead Rabbit to be a tad more differentiated if that makes any sense.
Then again, this is all personal preference

What I definitely agree with is that the Troll is a juice terminator....20 ml in 4 hours is really no big deal with that thing.
The build in the picture I posted was my first build ever, I built it after my 4th vaping week. It's 25.5g KA1 frames, 4ply .5×.1 KA1 ribbon, 36g Ni80 wrap wire, at 2.5mm ID and 5 wraps. If you look closely enough you'll notice one coil has both legs in the uppermost postholes, one has both legs in the lowermost... this was done to make it truly 5 wraps or else it would have dipped below .1 ohm so then I wouldn't have been able to fire it on the Wismec. To keep that from happening I normally would have put the bottom legs in the uppermost holes and the top legs in the lowermost, but my strand was just not long enough for that so I took a bit of a gamble even though it turned out to be just fine. Much to my surprise, upgrading from the RX2/3 with 3 × Sony VTC5A to the RX300 with 4 × Sony VTC5A gave it a very significant boost in flavor. I was using the diagonal air holes, 2/3 of the way open. The bottom right corner of each air hole was lined up with the right side of each coil to also account for the twister kind of effect that results from diagonal air holes. My coil build had a fairly slow ramp up. But each time immediately as soon as the ramp up period was finished it popped out a mushroom cloud with a nuclear explosion of flavor intensity and depth, and, miraculous as this may sound, that also applied to more complex flavors.

IMO it has something to do with what squidoode explained near the end of his coil build video tutorial about his staple staggered fused clapton... the juice pockets that sit between each spacing of the spaced clapton frames on either side of the ribbon stack simply are huge compared to the size of cavities in an alien coil, as the final fuse not only causes the 36g wrap wire to encapsulate the top and bottom of each pocket similar to encapsulation of pockets underneath an alien wrap, but also the wrap wire of each spaced clapton frame is sitting in between the 25.5 core and the flat side of the .5×.1 ribbon next to it... so... the spaces in that particular area of the coil are creating seriously big pockets due to the thickness of the 36g also going in between instead of going only over and under. The Dead Rabbit simply cannot handle a flavor chasing coil build this powerful and sweet. For that, I think Hellvape and Heathen should have kept the rabbit alive, as still some of the flavor in it has died along with it IMO. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for all the answers and suggestions, didnt expect so many :)

From what I've seen the RDA's you like the most are the dead rabbit and the troll.

Still for anyone wondering, I bought the Drop as my first RDA simply because it was the easiest to pick up and I like the Airflow aswell as the juice well.
(pretty similar to the DR)

Personal preference is probably the key here and since I'm new to building I'll see where it goes ..... and maybe one day I'm gonna get another one ;)

VU Sponsors