Become a Patron!

Advice on cloud coil builds

KCCOxCrAzY

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So basically as posted in title I'm looking for any builds you guys got in mind to try for vapor production. I am stuck with 28g but ordering more types on Friday. I am not into going super low ohms. As of right now iv twisted two 28g wires and made it a dual , ohms to .23 really enjoy it. Any builds and advice is appreciated thanks folks!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use AWG 24g stainless in my Goon 24 RDA. 8 wraps on 4mm jig, spaced, duals with open airflow. I run them in TC mode at 500F 115watts. Cloud and flavor production are AMAZING. Not sure I'm winning any competitions on my builds, but 3 hits (avg 4-5 seconds) give me enough vapor to fog my living room, and each hit blocks the television for a few seconds. If anyone has a better set up for competitions builds in the Goon on a regulated mod I'd also be open to suggestions.

Good luck, and happy vaping.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Debonair_vapologist

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried probably every existing coil build and figured out that a simple dual parallel 24/22 gauge Kanthal works best for me. All those intricate Claptons also offer good vapor production, but still oriented towards flavor

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a few months now I've been using a 3-strand parallel dual-coil build using 26ga nichrome 80 with 7 wraps around a 2.4mm or a regular 2-strand parallel dual coil setup using 24ga SS316L with 9 wraps around a 2.4mm and thought I was blowing huge clouds...until today.
e7cdd43a87c21361240ea2ac223165e9.jpg

Just picked up the Able Competition Mod by Avid Lyfe and tried an extremely simple coil build that I saw by Eric Hutchinson when I was researching new mods/rda's. Battery safety is an absolute MUST with this build as it ohms out at .07, so please, be safe!
It's a dual coil setup using 20ga Kanthal that is 3 wraps and spaced around a 3mm. Out of this world cloud production, but also a hot vape so LOTS of airflow is needed as well.
6a678f0db464fe5e23afdd63d9a61baa.jpg

Original YouTube vid that I saw this build explained...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally depends on what atty you use, airflow ect, no so much the build, usually claptons, stapled, alien, fused or zipper coils are good. You can get some serious cloud with parallel builds too but again, it depends what you put them in and of course your e liquid and wattage, even wicking can play a part.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
At the end of the day it's the RDA,Build,VG/PG mix and technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BareVN

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20170523_105306.jpg Loving my Ni80 parallel builds at the moment, 3mmID - 22x36g flapton + 22g(Ithink) single strand 6 wraps run at about 85w. Chucks clouds and flavour! excuse the poor photo, had to take it on the sly at work. been in a while now, starting to look a bit shabby

Last edited:

VU Sponsors