Become a Patron!

Advice for juice for my new set up (since I'm clearly doing something wrong)

Mod - eLeaf iStick TC40w
Tank - Crown 3
Coil - .5 ohm ss (0.25 ohms available, but not used yet)
Juice: PG/VG mix - nicotine 18-24mg (bought a ton of different nicotine levels at the same time, so not sure the exact mg. Also, the company I bought from never specified what the ratio of PG/VG was".

Took delivery of my new Crown 3 tank today and either I've bought entirely the wrong tank and coils for my battery, or my juice is way to0 strong in terms of nicotine for what I've bought. Actually, I could be wrong on both counts, since it seems vaping became a whole new ball game since I first started 5 or so years ago, but just taking the smallest puff is causing me to choke my guts everywhere.

I've been happily using my Aspire "pen style" tank with the iStick battery for several weeks now with the same juice, so therefore my thinking is that I have the wrong juice / coil combination.

If I screwed up and bought a tank / coil that just doesn't work with my battery, I'm happy to admit my mistake and buy a new tank / coil combination that does (or even a new battery). However, if the consensus is that the problem lies within my juice mix, I'd very much appreciate advice on something better.

Cheers for all the advice.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mod - eLeaf iStick TC40w
Tank - Crown 3
Coil - .5 ohm ss (0.25 ohms available, but not used yet)
Juice: PG/VG mix - nicotine 18-24mg (bought a ton of different nicotine levels at the same time, so not sure the exact mg. Also, the company I bought from never specified what the ratio of PG/VG was".

Took delivery of my new Crown 3 tank today and either I've bought entirely the wrong tank and coils for my battery, or my juice is way to0 strong in terms of nicotine for what I've bought. Actually, I could be wrong on both counts, since it seems vaping became a whole new ball game since I first started 5 or so years ago, but just taking the smallest puff is causing me to choke my guts everywhere.

I've been happily using my Aspire "pen style" tank with the iStick battery for several weeks now with the same juice, so therefore my thinking is that I have the wrong juice / coil combination.

If I screwed up and bought a tank / coil that just doesn't work with my battery, I'm happy to admit my mistake and buy a new tank / coil combination that does (or even a new battery). However, if the consensus is that the problem lies within my juice mix, I'd very much appreciate advice on something better.

Cheers for all the advice.

Your .5 sub ohm coils are going to make most nic levels above 3 mg seem very, very harsh

Few can even tolerate 6 mg under 1 ohm

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Much too high nicotine content for a subohm tank.

The pen style devices turn out like 8 watts on a 1.5 to 2 ohm coil. 8 watts probably wont even fire a 0.5 ohm coil. So you will need to up your wattage, in turn upping your juice consumption. So, if you are vaping in the 20-30w range, you should probably consider 8mg or 12 mg at the most. Since you are essentially consuming twice the juice at twice the wattage (or more).

Also, try to dial down your airflow as low as it will go and open it up from there until you find your sweetspot. After you get some juice with less nicotine.

VU Sponsors