Become a Patron!

ADV Worthy DIY Recipes Thread (Your Best, Personal/Custom Made recipes ONLY!)

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are SO MANY juice recipes floating around the web (ranging from fantastic to utterly terrible) so I thought it would be a good idea to start a "Tried & True" ADV Worthy Recipes Thread. FYI: ADV stands for, "All Day Vape", meaning the juice is so good you could vape it all day long, in fact some recipes are so amazingly delicious you could vape them 24/7 (I can vape a good Creamy Vanilla Custard all day, every day, until the end of time). Essentially this is a "Best of the Best" DIY recipes thread, so only recipes that range from Good to Amazingly Fantastic should be posted here. Bottom line: If the recipe doesn't give your taste buds an orgasm when vaped then it doesn't belong here, lol.

So, if you have an ADV worthy recipe that YOU CREATED YOURSELF (no posting other peoples recipes please, for several reasons, lets Keep It Simple Stupid!) then please share it here for your fellow DIY'ers to enjoy. Please post as much information about your recipe/s as possible, making sure that all your percentages, ratios, mixing instructions etc. are thorough & correct before posting.

Unfortunately I don't have any "perfected", original ADV worthy recipes to share atm. Ive essentially just been using a fairly common Vanilla Custard recipe for quite some time as my main ADV (Capella Vanilla Custard + (DIYFS) French Vanilla + Sweet Cream + EM). I am working on a custom Creamy Vanilla Custard recipe but its just not "perfected" yet. The thing that really makes DIY difficult (at least for me) is the steeping time required for certain flavorings. My main favorite flavor is Creamy Vanilla Custard, and every Vanilla Custard flavoring Ive tried so far (CAP, TFA & another one that I'm keeping on the DL for now) absolutely NEEDS at least 2-4wks steep time. So if I make a 30ml test batch of custom Vanilla Custard (or anything rich & creamy, really) I won't know if its any good or not for at least 2wks, so this greatly increases the development time of these kind of recipes, which happen to be my favorite. Once I nail a good recipe down I'll post it here for everyone to enjoy. In the mean time lets see what all you innovative DIY mixers have concocted.

s.d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Strawberry Donut
CAP Glazed Doughnut- 6%
TFA Dragonfruit- 0.25%
CAP Sweet Strawberry - 1%
TFA Strawberry Ripe - 0.75%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream - 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl - 1%

Mocha Donut
CAP Choc Glazed Doughnut- 6%
FW Tres Leches- 1.5%
FA Dark Bean (Espresso)- 2%
FA Hazelnut- 1%
RTS Tobacco Absolute 3d/10ml
FA Cocoa 1d/10ml

Hazelnut Cinnacookie
CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2- 3%
TFA Cinnamon Sugar Cookie- 2%
FA Vanilla Tahity- 1.3%
FA Catalan Cream- 1.3%
FA Hazelnut- 1.3%

for DIY, these are the 3 that I go to every darn day.

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Furybutt McGee's Diketone-free PB cream
French Vanilla Creme TPA 4% (possible sub: Gelato)
Glory FA 2% (don't even think about subbing)
Ice Cream HS 1% (unique)
Caramel Toffee HS .5% (unique)

30pg/70vg

The cream is fluffy (FVC), golden and sweet (Hangsens ice cream and caramel toffee), and the peanut is simultaneously light (especially compared to other peanut butters), densely flavored, and sweet like a nutter butter, but no cookie. This came together as I was learning/experimenting about Glory FA and the HS flavors - you could probably sub but the nuances and reasons I call this an ADV are unique to these ingredients afaik (I'm familiar with all FA and popular TPA/CAP creams). If you find a good sub, plz share.

About the Hangsens adds - HS has an signature "edge" you can smell and taste but below 2% I've had great results. HS ice cream has given me in cantaloupe cream experiments a unique "golden" note that I've associated with the "Golden Creme" logo since I was a kid. Oddly, the Caramel Toffee has a similar smell - it's an HS thing. Too much HS in a vendor mix is easy to spot once you smell a few flavors.

I wrestled with the idea of making it bolder by kicking out the bottom end with something dark, but the taste as is has no friction on my palate, so I think this will likely by great for other people too. I get sick of PB easily but love this. Good next day, days 3-6 a bold high note is present but enjoyable, intended profile is after a week. You could probably add .5% cookie and call this a nutter butter. Please enjoy!

edit: @WilliamC83 for the sake of keeping the thread tidy I'm just paging you from here... thanks for starting the tread, and yep it's Hangsens - edited :)

Last edited:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ice Cream HS 1% (unique)

30pg/70vg

That looks like a fantastic recipe, I will definitely be giving this one a try, thanks for sharing. Regarding the: Ice Cream HS & Caramel Toffee HS, I assume the HS if for Hangsen? "TPA" & "FA" are pretty well know abbreviations for The Perfumers Apprentice (or "TFA" for The Flavor Apprentice) & FlavourArt however, even with a Google search of "Ice Cream HS" it was difficult to determine that HS stands for Hangsen. To avoid possible confusion could you consider editing your post & changing the HS to (Hangsen)? I can see newbie DIYers getting confused by this kind of thing, so lets all try to be as clear & specific as possible with our recipes.

Thanks to: s.d, normanedwards198 & Laughmore for your contributions to the thread. Keep those ADV Recipes coming, take care & as always, VAPE ON!

Last edited:

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ice Cream HS 1% (unique)
30pg/70vg
The cream is fluffy (FVC), golden and sweet (Hangsens ice cream and caramel toffee), and the peanut is simultaneously light (especially compared to other peanut butters), densely flavored, and sweet like a nutter butter, but no cookie.

I can't find the peanut. Is it in the Glory or the Caramel Toffee?

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
@-GR- That sounds good. I thought it was just a tobacco. I'm glad I've got some on the way :)

I thought it was supposed to be a tobbacco also and I think it is but I sure can't detect any tobacco from it. Just peanut. I even messed around with it trying to make a peanut butter custard. I think SOHO smells amazing but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SOHO definitely sounds interesting. So you have some already. :) Does it smell like just tobacco?

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to the reviews I've read, SOHO is amazing! I've ordered some but I'll have to wait weeks for it to arrive here in Oz. Still waiting on my nic order to get here too.

Love to see your peanut butter custard recipe when you've finalised it.

Last edited:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FYI for anyone who likes Tobacco flavors (especially RY4's & of course Boba's Bounty): One of, if not THE best DIY tobacco flavorings Ive tried is this Boba's Bounty Clone called "Boba's French" by Nova Liquides. Ive never tried the original Boba's Bounty by Alien Visions, so I can't compare the two however, from what I hear this flavoring is very, VERY close to the original. Its hard to describe complex flavor profiles like this but what I get from the "Boba's French" is a rich & robust but not overpowering tobacco base, with gram cracker, brown sugar, caramel & subtle vanilla, as well as a slight butteriness & possibly a hint of butterscotch. Sometimes I even get a little coffee essence, which Ive also heard from a couple friends who I let try it. When I first vaped this flavoring/juice (after a 14 day steep, 70/30 VG/PG @ 12mg) I wasn't sure what to make of it. It was good from the first vape however, it was pretty complex compared to the juices I had been vaping (Vanilla Custard, Strawberry & Cream, Caramel Apple). Before trying the Boba's French I hadn't vaped a tobacco juice in over four months, so it took an hour or so of vaping it to get used to the change in flavor profile. Then the more I vaped the Boba's French the more I liked it, it grew on me VERY FAST! I started tasting all the different notes/nuances the more I vaped it, it has quickly become one of if not my favorite tobacco flavors to date. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Boba's French. Nova Liquides Flavor Concentrates are a little pricy, $8.99 + Free S&H for a 10ml bottle of the DIY concentrate on eBay (Link Below). I contacted the seller regarding the recommended mixing ratio for this flavoring & they said 15% however, some people who prefer milder flavor said 10% was perfect, so to each their own. The seller (iamveronica) said the Boba's French is one of her favorite flavors & that she prefers it at 15%, so again to each their own. Personally I mixed a batch at 13% (+ 1% EM) & it was great, so I will probably continue to use that ratio. So with this 10ml bottle of flavor concentrate, mixed at my preferred 13% ratio, I can make approx. 77ml of juice. So with all things considered that's not too bad IMHO, especially considering these flavorings are high quality, alcohol free & 100% natural. So if the flavor profile of this Boba's French sounds appealing to you, just humor me & give it a try, you will NOT be disappointed.

(--->Boba's French DIY E-Liquid Flavor Concentrate<---)

Here is a link to Nova Liquides website, if you want to know more about them & their products:

(--->Nova Liquides<---)

Last edited:
FYI for anyone who likes Tobacco flavors (especially RY4's & of course Boba's Bounty): One of, if not THE best DIY tobacco flavorings Ive tried is this Boba's Bounty Clone called "Boba's French" by Nova Liquides. Ive never tried the original Boba's Bounty by Alien Visions, so I can't compare the two however, from what I hear this flavoring is very, VERY close to the original. Its hard to describe complex flavor profiles like this but what I get from the "Boba's French" is a rich & robust but not overpowering tobacco base, with gram cracker, brown sugar, caramel & subtle vanilla, as well as a slight butteriness & possibly a hint of butterscotch. Sometimes I even get a little coffee essence, which Ive also heard from a couple friends who I let try it. When I first vaped this flavoring/juice (after a 14 day steep, 70/30 VG/PG @ 12mg) I wasn't sure what to make of it. It was good from the first vape however, it was pretty complex compared to the juices I had been vaping (Vanilla Custard, Strawberry & Cream, Caramel Apple). Before trying the Boba's French I hadn't vaped a tobacco juice in over four months, so it took an hour or so of vaping it to get used to the change in flavor profile. Then the more I vaped the Boba's French the more I liked it, it grew on me VERY FAST! I started tasting all the different notes/nuances the more I vaped it, it has quickly become one of if not my favorite tobacco flavors to date. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Boba's French. Nova Liquides Flavor Concentrates are a little pricy, $8.99 + Free S&H for a 10ml bottle of the DIY concentrate on eBay (Link Below). I contacted the seller regarding the recommended mixing ratio for this flavoring & they said 15% however, some people who prefer milder flavor said 10% was perfect, so to each their own. The seller (iamveronica) said the Boba's French is one of her favorite flavors & that she prefers it at 15%, so again to each their own. Personally I mixed a batch at 13% (+ 1% EM) & it was great, so I will probably continue to use that ratio. So with this 10ml bottle of flavor concentrate, mixed at my preferred 13% ratio, I can make approx. 77ml of juice. So with all things considered that's not too bad IMHO, especially considering these flavorings are high quality, alcohol free & 100% natural. So if the flavor profile of this Boba's French sounds appealing to you, just humor me & give it a try, you will NOT be disappointed.

(--->Boba's French DIY E-Liquid Flavor Concentrate<---)

Here is a link to Nova Liquides website, if you want to know more about them & their products:

(--->Nova Liquides<---)
Hi.. Im a newbie in doing this d.i.y ejuice. I have a set of pg,vg,nic (48mg/100), stevia, green apple, strawberry, vanilla, caramel. What is the best calculation if i wana do 50/50 for 10ml of vanilla caramel?? Whats is the best steep time?

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Elyn......try google, here of course, e-liquid-recipes.com, there's a ton of sites out there with good recipes. Arnie Horton on Facebook is a good mixologist as well as wllmc and HIC on here have awesome ones as well. Smoky Blue is another one who is great! Smoky has a FB page too you might want to look into. @Smoky Blue, @wllmc, @HeadInClouds

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Elyn......try google, here of course, e-liquid-recipes.com, there's a ton of sites out there with good recipes. Arnie Horton on Facebook is a good mixologist as well as wllmc and HIC on here have awesome ones as well. Smoky Blue is another one who is great! Smoky has a FB page too you might want to look into. @Smoky Blue, @wllmc, @HeadInClouds

Thanks Tom.. all my recipes are listed here.. I only have a small fb group..
somehow I have added 40+ people in the last week.. was wondering why...

VU Sponsors