Become a Patron!

Adding nicotine salt to premade eliquid

Looking for some advise from anyone that has experience with nic salt base and diy.
Could I adjust a premade 6mg store bought e liquid with nicotine salt base to achieve 12-18mg.
I know of the several calculators out there for mixing but my question really is are the two bases compatible? (Freebase and salt)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking for some advise from anyone that has experience with nic salt base and diy.
Could I adjust a premade 6mg store bought e liquid with nicotine salt base to achieve 12-18mg.
I know of the several calculators out there for mixing but my question really is are the two bases compatible? (Freebase and salt)
That shouldn't be a problem at all! All you do is adding the required nicotine base, in order to achieve your desired nicotine level. Use the calculators available to achieve your goal.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I diy with Nic salts and see no problem with mixing it with eliquid though I’m sure you’re aware it will dilute flavor adding base. Take @Neunerball ‘s advice and you’re good to go.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I diy with Nic salts and see no problem with mixing it with eliquid though I’m sure you’re aware it will dilute flavor adding base. Take @Neunerball ‘s advice and you’re good to go.
+1
Should have mentioned that the flavor might be deluted, due to adding the nicotine base.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
+1
Should have mentioned that the flavor might be deluted, due to adding the nicotine base.
I’ve mixed base with eliquid before and for me wasn’t an issue I think eliquid are too strong anyway lol. Your advice on using calculator was spot on.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my experience adding Nicotine to e-Liquids that I mistakenly ordered in Zero MG was that it actually improved the flavor although not a lot of extra base added to make it 3MG.

Thank you all for the responses.
Exactly the straight answers I was looking for.
I agree @David Wolf most e liquid I try I feel is to strong as well.
Mostly MTL vaper and the flavor I'm getting from the vapefly Nicolas .6ohm coil at 16 watts is plenty.

VU Sponsors