Become a Patron!

Adding Nic to 0mg juice question

So being located in Oz buying juice with nic in it from the States or UK has become quite expensive with postage costs and everything so am thinking about taking the plunge and buying some unflavoured nic too mix with some of the local no nic juices.

I have looked at some calculators but they seem to be either geared towards making a liquid from scratch,won't download properly for me or don't make much sense too me (I hold my hands up maths is not my strong point)

I have looked at a video a couple of days ago on youtube where I got the basic concept of removing 2 and a half mls of the 0mg juice and adding in 5 and a half mls in for 6mgs(I think,possibly not the exact numbers)

Anyway all I'm trying to find out is if I get a 120ml doubler of 0mg e juice how many mls of the 120 do I need to remove and how many mls of nic I need to add,apologies for the newbie question but any help would be appreciated

So being located in Oz buying juice with nic in it from the States or UK has become quite expensive with postage costs and everything so am thinking about taking the plunge and buying some unflavoured nic too mix with some of the local no nic juices.

I have looked at some calculators but they seem to be either geared towards making a liquid from scratch,won't download properly for me or don't make much sense too me (I hold my hands up maths is not my strong point)

I have looked at a video a couple of days ago on youtube where I got the basic concept of removing 2 and a half mls of the 0mg juice and adding in 5 and a half mls in for 6mgs(I think,possibly not the exact numbers)

Anyway all I'm trying to find out is if I get a 120ml doubler of 0mg e juice how many mls of the 120 do I need to remove and how many mls of nic I need to add,apologies for the newbie question but any help would be appreciated
too make it 6mg strength

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This one's a fairly easy calculator for what you want to do. The only real math is being able to add to 120.
http://ecigvape.com/combine_calculator.php
For example, using 60mg nic, if you change e-liquid one to 108ml at 0 nic and e-liquid 2 to 12ml at 60mg you come out with 120ml of 6mg liquid. Or adding 7.7ml of 100mg would get you 127.7ml of 6.03mg juice etc.. Just play with the numbers until you arrive at the nic content you are looking for.
Edit: The higher the nic content you use for additive - the lower the flavor loss incurred. It also requires more care in handling. Be sure to wear rubber gloves when handling high concentrations of nicotine (and have plenty of ventilation along with storing it safely) as it is absorbed readily through the skin.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First I think your going by this the hard way. Rather than try to figure out how much to remove and then add is on the difficult side. Plus we don't know what nic strength you are buying to do this mixing. No matter what strength you use it will have to be cut down first. I will make an example here for you.

Your buying one Lt of 100mg/ml strength nic (or what ever) at 50/50 PG/VG
Your buying one 120ml of 0mg juice at 50/50 PG/VG
You want to end up with 120ml 6mg juice at 50/50 PG/VG

First you need to bring down that 100mg/ml nic to 12mg/ml
Using the ejuice me up calculator and and NO flavors You would use 14.4ml's of Nic + 50.4ml's PG + 52.8ml's VG to end up with a 120ml bottle of 12mg juice of you unflavored nic.

Capture_043.jpg
Now you could use the calculator posted by
Lefty
above to end up with this. I mixed the to 120ml together to end up with 240ml's of 6mg juice.
Capture_044.jpg
If that is to much then cut the two down to 60ml's each and you will end up with 120ml's. For you this will basically always be the same because you using 0mg juice. Just keep in mind here that if you use equal amounts of both, the nic will be cut in half, as you see 12mg become's 6mg

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need to over complicate things!

Let's keep it simple, and say you want a 30ml bottle of 6mg nic. For simplicity sake, let's assume you have 100mg/ml nic (using this higher nic will dilute your existing juice less). So in a 30mg bottle of juice you will want 30x6mg nic which will be a total of 180 mg of nic. You will therefore make your bottle out of 1.8mls 100mg nic and 28.2 ml of your 0 nic juice (you can even just eyeball the juice amount once you've measured the nic). Adding 2mls of nic won't dilute the flavor much:

To make 30 mls 6mg juice:

1.8 mls 100mg/ml nic
28.2 mls your 0 nic juice

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
image.jpg Get a 100 mg/ml nicotine base in the same PG/VG ratio as your e-juice. In the attached picture, I used 50/50 as an example. As the result shows, you add 7.2ml of the nicotine base to 112.8ml of your 0 nicotine juice. With the smaller amount of nicotine base to add, you keep more of the original flavor. The link to the calculator is http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp

Thanks everyone,I've got a clearer idea now of how to come up with what I want,that's one thing I love about the vaping community is that if you're unsure about something there's always someone willing too help or give good advice :)

VU Sponsors