Become a Patron!

Acetyl Pyrazine Addictive?

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read some of the info on AP being addictive. Never gave it much thought as I've never tried bakery style juices. I recently made my first DIY Cookie juice. Used FA Cookie, some creams and a little aditional AP. I can't say I like it at all. I did vape the entire 15ml bottle just to see if it would grow on me, but ehh.. Kind of gross. What's thrown me now is how much I'm craving that flavor now. I'm vaping on my favorite Custard and all I can think about is getting some more of that Cookie flavor. So weird and for obvious reasons my mind went back to the info on AP being addictive. Even though there's been much bashing on that topic I'm thinking there might be something to it.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I found its an organic compound found in nuts, meats, seeds etc.

I guess that why I cant have just one almond, once I ate 4 lbs of almonds , non-stop.
Also why I cant just eat a few kernals of popcorn, and lets not get into MEAT, beef, pork, lamb etc...

I also get that addiction when it comes to doughnuts, tortilla chips, and kisses , I mean kisses from a person.

I think its just another ingredient that some are adding to the danger of vaping.

Oh, you did know that smoking cigarettes is addictive? sorry I just could not resist that poke.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LMFAO

50071645.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is the first I've heard of acetyl pyrazine being addictive. Added to mixes, I can't tolerate it. FA Cookie, though... I do love that flavor. It has acetyl pyrazine in it, though I don't know how much. I was informed that TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust also has it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After seeing it was contained in some flavors I just ordered I did a little research into. Granted just a little and then I saw this thread.

Acetylpyrazine is an organic compound with the chemical formula C6H6N2O. It is a yellow-brown powder at room temperature.[1] Chemically, acetylpyrazine is a pyrazine and a ketone.[2]

Acetylpyrazine is found in foods such as seeds, nuts and meats. It is used in frozen dairy products such as ice cream. It is considered generally recognized as safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.[3]

VU Sponsors