Become a Patron!

Acetone to clean?

can I use acetone to get rid of the super glue stuck on the screen of my vape, or will that damage it?

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use alcohol or just a drop of some kind of grease cøeaner. Nothing strong tho

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't think alcohol will dissolve super glue. Finger nail polish remover may work, although it contains acetone, it is diluted, otherwise it would literally dry the skin out on the fingers.

You might be able to shave it off with a sharp knife. Don't cut the screen, just the glue. Kind of like shaving..Super Glue is funny, the thinner the layer the better the bond, so it should not be set really hard on the screen. If it isn't set in to hard, you might be able to remove it with your finger nail or guitar pick.. just something hard enough to dislodge the glue without scratching the screen. It might sound a bit odd, but it worked on 8 microwaves, 3 stoves, 2 refrigerators 12 tables and 30 feet of counter top and 2 stainless steel sinks.
It seems, telling a student painter to "cover everything" 6 times and a box of 20 tarps wasn't enough. LOL

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just to give an idea... As a painter, we sometimes used "blend" to clean brushes and trays, then wash with soap and water. Blend is basically acetone, alcohol, mineral spirits. Now after cleaning 1 brush, and spinning it dry, my father sat it on the hood of the car.. just the residual fumes peeled off the paint under the brush.
Like I said, try something like a guitar pick or the clip from a bread bag. Worst case, you get a couple light scratches, but better than hardened clumps of glue or partially melted (and so distorted) screen.

VU Sponsors