Become a Patron!

Accidentaly opened a 18650 battery.

So, hello guys.

I bought my friend's old Eleaf Istick 20w about two weeks ago, yesterday, the USB charger port broke off, so after emptying my battery, I wanted to find a way to charge it.

I found this post, and wanted to open up my Istick and make it so I can take out the battery and charge with a battery charger. Problem came when I wanted to disconnect the positive/negative wires from the battery. I started off with positive wire, and gently pulled it, after about 5 minutes I got it out, but then I noticed the wire was inside the battery, and now there is a hole in it. I managed to see the end of it like in this picture and quickly put tape around it.

Is there any way I can fix it, because I am really tight on budget and buying a new battery here in Latvia is pretty hard?

EDIT: It's now laying on my table with only negative wire still connected.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeaaaah I'm gonna go ahead and say don't do it. Buy a new mod.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Absolutely get a new iStick. You can buy the 20w for not much more than an 18650 battery.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would getting this battery do the trick for a while?
You're quite literally playing with fire my friend.
Source a new istick or ask for a replacement in the PIF section.
I'm sure there's someone that could help you out with a replacement and I'm positive that none of us want to read yet another horror story headline.

You're quite literally playing with fire my friend.
Source a new istick or ask for a replacement in the PIF section.
I'm sure there's someone that could help you out with a replacement and I'm positive that none of us want to read yet another horror story headline.

I'm pretty sure I can't get a replacement because it's pretty old. Also...I opened it.
I know that I shouldn't touch the opened battery, but putting in a new one wouldn't put fire in my garden, right?

EDIT: I mined few batteries from my old broken laptop. Will use them until I get a new decent battery, or a new mod. (Vaping at 8W meanwhile)

Last edited:

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure I can't get a replacement because it's pretty old. Also...I opened it.
I know that I shouldn't touch the opened battery, but putting in a new one wouldn't put fire in my garden, right?

EDIT: I mined few batteries from my old broken laptop. Will use them until I get a new decent battery, or a new mod. (Vaping at 8W meanwhile)

Seriously be super careful doing this. Find out the amp ratings before you do anything.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Be careful. I do not recommend it and strongly suggest getting a new device.

VU Sponsors