Become a Patron!

About One in Five Novice Vapers Buying Their First E-Cigarette in a Vape Shop Are Smoking Abstinent

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
About One in Five Novice Vapers Buying Their First E-Cigarette in a Vape Shop Are Smoking Abstinent after Six Months

http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/15/9/1886/htm

Does anyone know of a Big Pharma NRT product that has a 20% success rate or higher?
and No, Suicides from chantix & wellbutrin do not count as a successful quit attempt:facepalm: - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't need any help to feel depressed or suicidal, I can do that all by myself. :D Back when I suffered my last really bad bout of depression, they tried several antidepressants on me before finding that Effexor worked really well; one of them was Welbutrin, which didn't really do much at all for my depression, but I noticed that I could put off my after-meal cigarette for up to a half hour, though I had no interest then in quitting... I thought that was pretty interesting, since normally I would practically SPRINT to the porch for that smoke. Alas, the stuff gave me really bad puffy ankles, so I told my therapist I'd like to try something else -- which was when we found Effexor to be very helpful for me, for my anxiety as well as my depression, and since I was suffering PTSD along with my hormonal dysfunctions, it was perfect for me.

But I fear that any pill would have the same drawback as patches -- maybe fine for quitting (though patches never helped me at all), but what about when the cravings strike, long after you first quit? THAT is where vaping really shines. I've been smoke-free for over 4 yrs now... and most of the time, I don't even think of smoking, and when I see someone with a butt hanging out of their mouth, I think "How odd."... but now and then my stupid brain gives me the old "A smoke sure would be good." and that is when vaping is my BEST FRIEND! Carlin put it really well -- "Just because you got the monkey off your back, doesn't mean the circus has left town." Truer words were never spoken!

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Makes me wonder how many novice "clouds bro" aposthles are smoking abstinent after six seconds. I know I was.

VU Sponsors