Become a Patron!

? About kanger sub tank

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been vaping it with a ipv mini 2. Been using 50/50 to 70 vg/ 30 pg juice. At about 5-15 watts. I'm tasting a burnt taste to it. Im using it right out of the box. Didn't build anything just using whatever came it. Anyway tasting a little burnt flavor. There's no I need to replace it yet right ? It's only been about 4 days. Forgot to add the time length

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping it with a ipv mini 2. Been using 50/50 to 70 vg/ 30 pg juice. At about 5-15 watts. I'm tasting a burnt taste to it. Im using it right out of the box. Didn't build anything just using whatever came it. Anyway tasting a little burnt flavor. There's no I need to replace it yet right ? It's only been about 4 days. Forgot to add the time length
Did you take off the coil, and prime it first before using?

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I bought it at a local vape shop. He prime the 2 holes then did a couple drips inside. And whenever I switch juices I do the same. But I just switched to a new flavor and I'm vaping at 5 watts and it taste burnt. I have no idea how long it supposed to last note do I know how to build coils yet so I'm like wtf

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you vape really sweet juices? Sometimes the sweet vapes will gunk up a coil pretty fast.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if it's a stock coil, what's the resistance? Is it .5 or 1.2?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Yea I bought it at a local vape shop. He prime the 2 holes then did a couple drips inside. And whenever I switch juices I do the same. But I just switched to a new flavor and I'm vaping at 5 watts and it taste burnt. I have no idea how long it supposed to last note do I know how to build coils yet so I'm like wtf
A lot of variations here when it comes to how long should a coil last, like watts your using, PG VG % used, and if your a chain vaper taking multiple hits in a matter of 45 seconds like I do. I take at least 4 or 5 hits consecutively within a 45 seconds with not letting the coil cool from the first hit. For me those Kanger coils last about 3 days before I chuck one. But that is me. Have about 12 different sub ohm tanks, and like the Herakles the best with the coils lasting about 5 -7 days for me. Now my Artic coils last long too but flavor is somewhat more muted over the other tanks.

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a new vapor. Just quit smoking like 4 days ago so I'm hitting it pretty hard. But I thought it would last a little longer. 0.6 omes.

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So just a quick question. Now that looks like I'm gonna be buying replacement coils since I can't build yet. Best place to get get replacement coils for kanger sub tank mini ?

itsyourmove

Hockey Fan
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you changed flavors did you change out the coil?

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't realize I had to do that. If so...what a pain in the ass

itsyourmove

Hockey Fan
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So just a quick question. Now that looks like I'm gonna be buying replacement coils since I can't build yet. Best place to get get replacement coils for kanger sub tank mini ?

Sweet vapes, vape 101, lots more but make sure they are Kanger coils and not clones.

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean it's a 70 watt ipv2 and I'm vaping it at 5 watts for the most part. Starting to get frustrated with this shit

itsyourmove

Hockey Fan
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes you need to change out the coil when you change flavors. It is a costly pain as well. The old juice just doesn't mix well with a different juice when it comes to the cotton coils.

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that a preference ^ or a must ? I mean I can definitely taste the new flavor. It just seems a little burnt

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're vaping at such low wattage, I really think a 1.2 coil would come closer to delivering better flavor. Any coil stamped with "." anything is for sub ohm vaping and much higher wattage.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that a preference ^ or a must ? I mean I can definitely taste the new flavor. It just seems a little burnt
1. I normally don't change coils with flavors, but I do go from one complimentary flavor to another - orange to lemon would work, but vanilla custard to sour skittles maybe not so much.

2. It sounds like you got fake coils, as Kanger makes 0.5 and 1.2 ohm heads, but I don't think they do a 0.6. When you get the legit coils, I usually take a bit of wire or a needle and jab a couple tiny holes in through each of the liquid ports - helps them wick faster and avoid burning.

3. 5 watts seems pretty low - are you even getting any vapor production at that?

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I I actually get a good vape from it. When I first bought it the guy was like anything over 25 is not good. Watts. I was like why the hell did I buy a 70 watt device if I can't utilize it. Obviously I didn't do enough homework. But yes I get get a good hit

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't change coils when changing flavors. They only last me 5-7 days max. I had some clones and was lucky to get 3 days out of them.

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I guess you have change your coils every 4 days ? Jesus. Is this shit as cheap as they make it out to be

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I guess you have change your coils every 4 days ? Jesus. Is this shit as cheap as they make it out to be
Rebuilding those stock coils is really simple. Saves me a ton of money.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I I actually get a good vape from it. When I first bought it the guy was like anything over 25 is not good. Watts. I was like why the hell did I buy a 70 watt device if I can't utilize it. Obviously I didn't do enough homework. But yes I get get a good hit
I had problems with my Subtank until I started poking the wicking as described above - all of a sudden I went from barely able to hit 15 watts without a dry hit to the point I could go to 30 no problem and no burning. You might give it a try next coil...

PickNic Basket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 0.6Ω coil was likely sold as a 0.5Ω coil. I have seen a variance of ±0.1Ω on many pre-built coils.

Try the pinprick method mentioned by OBDave on a new coil (you may never get the burnt taste out of the current coil). Prime well.
You should also be able to get above 5w. I never vaped that low on a mod.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which RBA deck did it come with - the one with the juice channels or the juice holes? Here's the "directions" I received when I got my new RBA deck for my mini. Supposedly the newer OCC coils have better juice flow, also. The older ones were packed too tight and many people experienced dry hitting.

Your RBA should already have a coil in it, and a spare as well (in the little baggie with the screws and stuff). You should also have received a couple of squares of cotton with it.

Kanger-RBA-Instructions.jpg

Last edited:

Dannyk33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the one with the 2 little small on holes on the side and the big one on the bottom that you put a couple drops into. I'm vaping 70 vg and I'm surprised myself I'm getting as big as a hot that I'm am at 5 watts. Maybe I'll just head over to the store and see what they recommend

VU Sponsors