Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
10b93521566f2a2bc008edd03d6521e1.gif

Hope everyones Friday will be a good day. If, it's been sucky...:hug::hug::hug: and hope it gets better :)

Howdy, how’s things with you? It finally cooled off some here. Although the 80’s isn’t that cool, but compared to being almost 100+/-, it feels pretty good!
This week was fairly sucky. I ended up blowing a lot of stuff off and then feeling bad about it!! But I’ll get it done next week.
I’ll be back later on and I’ll check in. :hug: :blowkiss: :hug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
like to get my garden work done before the real heat sets in if I can:rolleyes:

You're fine, hon. I too would love to be gardening of a morning. Always better to do before the day sets on and zaps the garden, zaps the wearied back.

Been thinking of figuring a way to grow us green beans off our patio out here in the apartment. A neighbor uphill from us sets out tomatoes and cukes and seems to have some reasonable luck with them.

Wife was wanting to wash bed linen recently. I asked her if it would be nice to hang out our comforter instead of drying it in the dryer. She admitted that she'd love to just that but then lamented "we got no place to do that here and can't set anything up like that outside."

I'm hoping we needn't make our living here too much longer. Sure it's living but when we can do nothing due to others "owning", well it's just sort of frustrating. Of course thinking about it now, I'm thinking I might have a way to let her hang the comforter.

Might put up one of those spring loaded rods. Put it in the mechanical room between to two walls, let her hang stuff over the rod. I'm sure the air passing through the mechanical room to the furnace/air conditioner inside unit would dry stuff out. I'll talk it over with her. After all if you put rubber end caps on those rods, you'll not damage the walls.:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're fine, hon. I too would love to be gardening of a morning. Always better to do before the day sets on and zaps the garden, zaps the wearied back.

Been thinking of figuring a way to grow us green beans off our patio out here in the apartment. A neighbor uphill from us sets out tomatoes and cukes and seems to have some reasonable luck with them.

Wife was wanting to wash bed linen recently. I asked her if it would be nice to hang out our comforter instead of drying it in the dryer. She admitted that she'd love to just that but then lamented "we got no place to do that here and can't set anything up like that outside."

I'm hoping we needn't make our living here too much longer. Sure it's living but when we can do nothing due to others "owning", well it's just sort of frustrating. Of course thinking about it now, I'm thinking I might have a way to let her hang the comforter.

Might put up one of those spring loaded rods. Put it in the mechanical room between to two walls, let her hang stuff over the rod. I'm sure the air passing through the mechanical room to the furnace/air conditioner inside unit would dry stuff out. I'll talk it over with her. After all if you put rubber end caps on those rods, you'll not damage the walls.:)
The only bad thing about green beans is they take a pretty good sized foot print for the amount of beans produced. What you might consider might be pole beans but then you have to have something to grow them on , trellis works best but with a little thought i am sure you can figure something out

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What you might consider might be pole beans but then you have to have something to grow them on , trellis works best but with a little thought i am sure you can figure something out

Ah, yeah that might be better but then she might disagree too. She was all keen on the thought of us farming, me putting out green beans for her. 'We go through green beans so much it's like water," she told me. What makes it rough is her dad told us yesterday the field where they normally go to pick green beans got flooded by the OH River.

The folks from agriculture dept looked over the situation, and said the field would need tilled under and let fallow out a year or two, before any crops could be considered safe to eat. That's understandable considering the OH River intakes from "Chemical Valley" which hosts DuPonte, G.E., what little remains of Union Carbide and some others what piddle in chemicals. Just a shame though, no extra beans for canning this year.

And living in WV is educational. I've always been around hot canning which uses a pressure cooker. Well, couple years ago her mom told me she was going to show me cold canning. They cold canned about 90 some cans of green beans. Interesting process to see happening. :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good afternoon my friends:wave:
Just got through hoeing my new beans;)
Good to see everyone is here, or was here:facepalm:
I always miss the morning crowd, like to get my garden work done before the real heat sets in if I can:rolleyes:
Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys lots of good tunes:cool:

Hey, Jimi. I’ve been missing everything this week! Every time I see a squirrel now, I give it a wide berth. I’ll never feed one again ever!!
I’m glad your garden is doing well. And we’re counting on you doing better, as well.
Good tunes, my friend. Love the non hippie 60’s ones. The songs are cool, and so are the clothes.
See you tonight hopefully. :hug: :blowkiss: :hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eating that many green beans they should be homegrown that way you know they are safe to eat anyway. That's a shame about the bean field I would be afraid to eat from that field for at least 10 years myself,there are a lot of chemicals that "never" go away:eek::eek:. it's funny how they always put these chemical plants right on the river:facepalm::facepalm:Duh:facepalm::facepalm: and people don't seem to figure out why, Hmmm, takes a real Einstein to figure that one out:gaah: doesn't it?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Rhianne, I have missed most of the week too:rolleyes: had some things to attend to:rolleyes:. i am keeping an eye on them too:giggle: but if they go wild I have my shotgun ready:giggle:. It amazed me to find out about the little varmints, woulda never thought:eek:.
I wish it was doing good, only the new Gbeans are doing anything:rolleyes: just a bad year cause i was sick when it needed me most:(.Awe, thank you my friend:hug:, You all make me feel better:)
Ilike them all, even the hippie ones:giggle:, just a great era in the music world:cool:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Howdy, how’s things with you? It finally cooled off some here. Although the 80’s isn’t that cool, but compared to being almost 100+/-, it feels pretty good!
This week was fairly sucky. I ended up blowing a lot of stuff off and then feeling bad about it!! But I’ll get it done next week.
I’ll be back later on and I’ll check in. :hug: :blowkiss: :hug:

:wave: Hey, Rhianne :hug: what's up Butter Cup :teehee: ? Things are alright here, Thank you <3. Glad it finally cooled down, but yeah, 80's are still warm especially with humidity and if there's no breeze :blech: . I'm so ready for low 70's upper 60's with the windows open :bliss: have a ways to go though :( .

Don't feel too bad about not getting things done, it happens...you'll get 'em done ;) . I'll see you laterzzz :) or tomorrow :hug: :blowkiss: :hug: :wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

A little stretch maybe but it still rises. :)

I would be afraid to eat from that field for at least 10 years myself,there are a lot of chemicals that "never" go away:eek::eek:. it's funny how they always put these chemical plants right on the river:facepalm::facepalm:Duh:facepalm::facepalm: and people don't seem to figure out why, Hmmm, takes a real Einstein to figure that one out:gaah: doesn't it?

Yeah, I hear you as clear as if you were right here in the room with me. :) We live near a dam, people go fishing at the lake it creates. They've sent divers in and divers come back up terrified. There are catfish the size of full 52 ft long trailers on semi rigs down in the depths, or so is said by said frightened divers. Mill creek feeds into the lake which somewhere I figure jetties off the OH river. It'd be no surprise catfish would mutate from chemicals. I think it's probably about population control. Look at what they do in Australia, nuclear dumps.

Imagined conversations by "shady" mystery leaders:

"Hey, Australia is a prison colony or was. So, erm we need to do something, those guys will resist global takeover."

"We got all this nuclear waste, who knows what it'll do to them, huh?"

"Hey, West Virginia is full of insane Scottish decedents who will resist as well."

"Fine, kill 'em off with chemicals leeching free into their environment, also use our hinky alien cover story al-a Mothman to keep them paranoid from within."

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1e7705202c8ec2f858da7c36682b22c9.gif

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee: tea
:wave: How's everyone doing today :hug: ? Have a Great Saturday :vino::cheers:

When I was leaving home yesterday, there was a "City Slicker " :teehee: that was in a convertible with the top down, turning onto the gravel road :eek: he had to been lost :teehee: . Who in their right mind would have there top down driving on a gravel road :crazy: . He drove right into my dust :giggle: . Felt kinda bad for the idiot, or um, him. I wonder, after the dust settled, if he put the top up for the rest of his journey on the gravel road :question:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rise To It- Kiss
Do It Now
Bring the caviar
Turn the music up
[...]
You gotta come, the word is out!

make here
In 1953
With your records in the suitcase
At night it's 15 degrees

And everywhere you go they're staring at your face
You've got no place to go
And everywhere you go
It's: "Try the other place!", the word you hear is "No!"

So what'cha gonna do?
You gotta make the scene come true

Bring the caviar
Turn the music up
[...]

Hey, do you play for Arsenal?
Or are you in the Top 10?
But you're the average punter
[...] and don't come back again

You got no place to go
And everywhere you go

So what'cha gonna do?
Gotta make the scene come true

Bring the caviar
Turn the music up
[...]

Yeah, this [...] seen his rubber
And you must have membership
Know? Those underpants of leather
And they got too many zips

And you got no place to go
And everywhere you go

So what'cha gonna do?
You gotta make the scene come true

Bring the caviar
Turn the music up
[...]

Bring the caviar
Turn the music up
[...]

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I hear you as clear as if you were right here in the room with me. :) We live near a dam, people go fishing at the lake it creates. They've sent divers in and divers come back up terrified. There are catfish the size of full 52 ft long trailers on semi rigs down in the depths, or so is said by said frightened divers. Mill creek feeds into the lake which somewhere I figure jetties off the OH river. It'd be no surprise catfish would mutate from chemicals. I think it's probably about population control. Look at what they do in Australia, nuclear dumps.

"Hey, Australia is a prison colony or was. So, erm we need to do something, those guys will resist global takeover."

"Hey, West Virginia is full of insane Scottish decedents who will resist as well."

"Fine, kill 'em off with chemicals leeching free into their environment, also use our hinky alien cover story al-a Mothman to keep them paranoid from within."
A very likely senerio my friend

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I say, ...

I'm probably going to hit the rack soon. Had a "do nothing day" today, got about two weeks of laundry all folded up, dishes done & a few other nagging chores attended. I realize it doesn't sound much, I also realize though for someone the little things make whole worlds. :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
:wave: Hey, Rhianne :hug: what's up Butter Cup :teehee: ? Things are alright here, Thank you <3. Glad it finally cooled down, but yeah, 80's are still warm especially with humidity and if there's no breeze :blech: . I'm so ready for low 70's upper 60's with the windows open :bliss: have a ways to go though :( .

Don't feel too bad about not getting things done, it happens...you'll get 'em done ;) . I'll see you laterzzz :) or tomorrow :hug: :blowkiss: :hug: :wave:

Hey ho! How’s it going? I’ve missed everyone here this week. I’m so ready for weather in the 50’s (or lower!) Have you ever squonked btw? I’ll check in after brunch. Hugs to you and the family. Hope your mom and bro are doing good, too. :hug: :hug: :blowkiss:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Hey, I come from Scottish descendents, insane or not!!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey ho! How’s it going? I’ve missed everyone here this week. I’m so ready for weather in the 50’s (or lower!) Have you ever squonked btw? I’ll check in after brunch. Hugs to you and the family. Hope your mom and bro are doing good, too. :hug: :hug: :blowkiss:
Whatchya doin' calling me a ho for :teehee: :question: :teehee: . We've missed you not being here :hug: ! August is going to feel like two months instead of one
month :headbang: . But, I'm getting anxious :xD: for Oct 30th to get here.
Um, I hate to admit this....I dont even know what squonking is :huh: . I think, I saw where you will be getting into squonking :question: ? Or am I way off?
Aww, thank you <3 :hug: . Hugs :hug::hug: to you and family :hug: and hope all is well with your family <3 :hug::blowkiss::hug:

VU Sponsors