Become a Patron!

A request for suggestions before making the decision

Hi there community!

I'm not a regular smoker, nor is my wife. Both of us smoke on social events. A month ago I visited a mate of mine who had a ego type (the medium sized thing) of ecig (I do apologize if I used the wrong term). I was amazed on how relaxing that lower-temperature vapor is and how good the taste was (never liked the warmth of smoke from real cigs). So a month passes and I meet this same friend, use his ecig and I am amazed again.

Fastforward - we figured that it would be a good idea to buy a vaporizer.

1. We like smoking socially, it gives the option to smoke more flavors.
2. The vapor is lovely. We can smoke at home, without nicotine.
3. The ability to mix your own juices is very appealing.
4. And the technical aspect (while at the moment very overwhelming due to so many different choices) is fascinating as well, as it seems it's possible to experiment with so many options.

I've spent the past few days going crazy with reading articles, watching videos about vaping. We also visited all the local vaping equipment stores in Estonia (not many around) and got as much advice from my friend (who owns some ecig that I mentioned before). The friend suggested that I should buy these for my first setup:
http://skysmoke.eu/et/online-store/e-sigareti-osad/akud/aku-ego-x-power-skysmoke-hobe.html eGo X POWER 1500mAh
http://skysmoke.eu/et/clearomiseerija-ce4-skysmoke-must.html CE4 ‐ SKYsmoke

I'm very tempted to go to the store and grab them now. But before doing that, I would like to get some second thoughts on this. Would you suggest that setup to a friend of yours who is in a simialr situation as me?

Budget 50-250€.
Good build quality.
Variable voltage/wattage
Ability to change temperature.
Being able to vape juices.
If it looked something similar to a pen, it would be nice.
Available in Europe.

Thank you for reading the wall of text and any advice given!

Have a wonderful weekend

-editied the post to not break rules :)

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are a forum strictly about E-Nic juice , nothing "herb" is allowed for discussion on here.
That being said, I hope you enjoy our forum:) Welcome to VU

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, welcome to the Underground!

And like Whiskey said, nic an E-Liquids only.

If you want to vape "Herbs" there are other forums for that.

All of that being said, the gear you provided links to is not the best.

And IMHO, The CE4 "Stardust" clearomizer is complete crap and a waste of money. It should be illegal to sell them they suck that bad!

The battery you linked to is a good entry level device. IMHO you would need to have a total of 4 to 6 of them. Half of them for you and the other half for your Mrs. Charge them up, use one of them until the battery dies, swap out for the next one and put the origional on the charger and rotate thusly.

The Aspire Nautilus is a good tank system just make sure to stock up on heads when you order.

And if you want a variable power (Variable Wattage) device, I suggest a Sigelei Mini 30 watt and a good battery. I have one and I love it.

But if you want a "Rent A Mod" device, get one of the Isticks. Just remember that when the battery dies (and it will at some point down the road) you will have to chuck the whole thing in the trash and start over.

And by the way the APVS I suggested are all box mods and they will fit in your shirt pocket nicely.

And they won't roll around and fall off of tables when you sit them down.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you may want to look into the aspire cf line of batteries
as for tanks...aspire atlantis and kanger subtank mini may be just right for you
herb burning i know nothing about

We are a forum strictly about E-Nic juice , nothing "herb" is allowed for discussion on here.
That being said, I hope you enjoy our forum:) Welcome to VU
Thank you for the information! Edited the first post accordingly.
All of that being said, the gear you provided links to is not the best.

The battery you linked to is a good entry level device. IMHO you would need to have a total of 4 to 6 of them. Half of them for you and the other half for your Mrs. Charge them up, use one of them until the battery dies, swap out for the next one and put the origional on the charger and rotate thusly.

The Aspire Nautilus is a good tank system just make sure to stock up on heads when you order.

And if you want a variable power (Variable Wattage) device, I suggest a Sigelei Mini 30 watt and a good battery. I have one and I love it.

But if you want a "Rent A Mod" device, get one of the Isticks.
That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the confirmation.

That iStick seems to be a very interesting product line. Sadly wife would refuse to use that product in public (doesn't like to looks). I do get your point though. Perhaps I'll get seperate devices for both of us, a box for me and something different for wife.
you may want to look into the aspire cf line of batteries
as for tanks...aspire atlantis and kanger subtank mini may be just right for you
herb burning i know nothing about
Will do mate. Thank you!

By the way are there any other tanks besides kanger subtank mini and aspire atlantis mini that might be a good fit for beginners such as us? Also, are there any batteries out there (that do not look like boxes) that you would recommend? Cheers!

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
By the way are there any other tanks besides kanger subtank mini and aspire atlantis mini that might be a good fit for beginners such as us? Also, are there any batteries out there (that do not look like boxes) that you would recommend? Cheers!
i havent been a beginning vaper in over 5 years...but, that being said. i have absolutely no problems steering you toward the aspire cf vv+ battery ...the tank atomizer is another question all together...is tank capacity a major issue...tight draw, loose or open draw, aesthetics play a role also....i will have to pass you on to a vaper that uses entry level to mid level tanks that are reliable and deliver great flavor...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the information! Edited the first post accordingly.

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the confirmation.

That iStick seems to be a very interesting product line. Sadly wife would refuse to use that product in public (doesn't like to looks). I do get your point though. Perhaps I'll get seperate devices for both of us, a box for me and something different for wife.

Will do mate. Thank you!

Then look at the Ego One. Good batt time plus a superior vape. I use one daily for my work.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Then look at the Ego One. Good batt time plus a superior vape. I use one daily for my work.
that is a sweet looking set up..your expanded view and personal experience with it may be the ticket hes looking for

Raina

Member For 4 Years
You should check out Halo. Great starting point IMHO, and your wife would appreciate the color selection. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should check out Halo. Great starting point IMHO, and your wife would appreciate the color selection. :)

I started with Halo, and I started a few friends with them also. Excellent way to start, particularly if you want something small and relatively discrete.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with Halo, and I started a few friends with them also. Excellent way to start, particularly if you want something small and relatively discrete.
Second the HALO suggestion. Good quality, good price, etc.........

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have two istick 50w and use the first gen Atlantis with a 5ml tank. Been vaping for a little more than six months. Wish I would have had this setup when I started. I love the flavor and cloud production.

VU Sponsors