Become a Patron!

A Newbies question.

Hello!
I am sort of new to vaping, running so far a Smok TFV12 Cloud beast king on the Wismec Reuleaux RX200S with 3 EFEST 3000Mah batteries. As much as i enjoy the tank ive been fascinated by the idea of Coil building but i dont quite know if its what i need yet.

I was wondering if there was a limit on the resistance of the coil for such a tank? Is it limited to sub ohm or could i experiment with this tank above 1 ohm? I have tried searching for this information and have looked into coil building but none really answer my question and put my worries to rest. Would i need a different tank to hit the 1.5ohm area on coil rebuilding? It does not matter if i need to get a new tank to do this as i am more than happy to but i would prefer to know before purchasing one.

But to break it down for anyone who just wants the short version.
  • Can i build coils for my TFV12?
  • Can i experiment above 1 ohm with it?
  • Will i need to get a new tank to build the right coils around 1.5 ohm?
  • If so, what tanks do you guys recommend?
My main concerns are battery life and how much juice it consumes, as with my current one despite what airflow setting i put it on i find it to be a more airy vape, which eats up all my juice and drains all my battery.

I also apologize in advance if i have formatted anything incorrectly, im new to this forum and new to vaping in general so please bare with me:)

Many thanks in advance!

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ya.... Probably a different whole setup. You probably could build 1ohm+ but its just tottally defeating the purpose of tfv12 and a 3 battery mod. Maybe single coil deck on tfv4?

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk

Yeah i bought the TFV12 In a bit of a rush really, was not quite sure on what i was looking for but now ive vaped it i realise it just isnt for me, ill take a look into a single coil deck on the TFV4 thanks!

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Are you wanting to rebuild a prebuilt tfv12 coil or the tfv12 rba?
Also, what nic % in juice? Im just wondering cause the nature of "99%" of these sub ohm tanks is to "cloud bro" i personally feel the last just plain badass mainstream tank was the crown. Did good on juice and was a 70 watt flavor machine that didnt get hot as piss.
Have you looked at RTAs? Wotofo makes some great single coil bombers that.
All of this honestly for everyone here is trial and error, what you want or what you think you want.

Sent from my LGUS610 using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're using a regulated mod the ohm load doesn't matter. You can build coils for anything but usually rebuildable attys are better than the ones that use drop ins.
There's nothing hard at all about rebuilding so I'd just try it. The performance on the best drop in is pretty pitiful compared to something you made to work for you.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think there are RBA heads available for that tank...... but unless you plan to build a big 1.5coil running at high voltage/wattage. That tank would be better suited to lower ohms..... too airy for 1.5 ohms and 15watts or less.. 1.5ohm and 30 watts plus might work though. ... but IDK if your mid can output that many volts.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steam-engine.org. us a good source for deciding what to build and how to get there.

helmet648

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tfv12 is a 3 coil rba from what i've seen. so getting above a .3ohm build on that thing i would imagine being quite difficult. can i ask why you're interested in such high ohm builds?

Nekrabyte

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm surprised no mentioned this, but you should ditch the efest batteries. They lie about their specs and a lot of people have issues with them. You can get some bomb, extremely reliable samsungs or LGs for about 6 bucks a pop.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm surprised no mentioned this, but you should ditch the efest batteries. They lie about their specs and a lot of people have issues with them. You can get some bomb, extremely reliable samsungs or LGs for about 6 bucks a pop.
EFEST batteries are over rated from the factory true... they are still a safe battery to use if used properly...... treated them as the 15 to 20 amp battery they are and your safe..... push them to the rating or beyond..... well...all batteries are in failure range at this point anyway.

Remember E still does equal the square of MC.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is some great smaller single coil rta,s some are really simple to build on ,where you can build your sub-ohm and 1ohm and Above that will shine in these RTA S
All these are single coil rta,s
Some clones some Authentics , with the lower Wattage ranging in sizes from 2ml to 6ml juice capacity ,
21078d054421c85d1558c7c2c1c856ab.jpg
7e4e7e45dca08d9f0e20e1fbe8e8fa6f.jpg
a5016664a608b6f3bfa95cac04c34314.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors