Become a Patron!

A little confused here.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I have been building various build for my RDA-El cabron clone. I have tried 0.5 Ohm builds, 1.8OHM, and currently, my best is 2.9 OHMS. It produces a lot of vapour, although I always though lower ohm builds did that? Or is that a common misconception?

If you are wondering, it is a diamond coil I have built that works the best so far.

So you have 2 different types of power, regulated (computer chip mods), and unregulated (mech) mods. The lower the ohm the more power the coils will pull from the battery and there for bigger clouds. Now on the other hand i have a seigeli 150w and i run a 2.0 ohm max surface area at 150 watts and my mech mod cant even catch up. The reason people build low is because mechs are the only thing allowed to be used in comps. Hope this helps.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you have 2 different types of power, regulated (computer chip mods), and unregulated (mech) mods. The lower the ohm the more power the coils will pull from the battery and there for bigger clouds. Now on the other hand i have a seigeli 150w and i run a 2.0 ohm max surface area at 150 watts and my mech mod cant even catch up. The reason people build low is because mechs are the only thing allowed to be used in comps. Hope this helps.
Ahh, thank you for explaining. I use a sigelei 30 watt myself, I didn't realise they could only use unregulated in comps.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watts is a true measure of power - and watts is watts, more of them = more vapor. With a mech mod you need to build low to get lots of watts. With a regulated device like your Sig 30, you can push the same amount of watts to whatever coil you build - in this case, more/bigger coils with more surface area will produce more vapor than fewer/smaller coils. Since the bigger coils have more resistance, they're not as good for mechs, but when you add the regulated power element you can overcome the shortfalls of the higher-resistance coil.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is why at 40 watts my .48 dual set up at 4.0 volts scratches my itch, have built a .85 dual set up that rivaled anything in the tard ohm range (.1 and lower) for production.
On my mechs I would be running .18 to .3 for the same itch scratch.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watts is a true measure of power - and watts is watts, more of them = more vapor. With a mech mod you need to build low to get lots of watts. With a regulated device like your Sig 30, you can push the same amount of watts to whatever coil you build - in this case, more/bigger coils with more surface area will produce more vapor than fewer/smaller coils. Since the bigger coils have more resistance, they're not as good for mechs, but when you add the regulated power element you can overcome the shortfalls of the higher-resistance coil.

Ok, so with mech mods going low is the only way to get lots of vapour, and it kind of carried over to regulated with people believing they needed low Ohm's as well?
Where in reality, a quality coil with surface area, say made of 26 or 28, will create as much vapour as the lower ohm coil did if the surface area is equal in the Regulated mod? If that is true that is cool, as I don't have to aim to build my coils under an Ohm, and I will get a bit more battery life with a, for example, a 1.8 coil vs a 0.8 coil?
As I noticed with my nautilus at 1.8 the battery lasted me all day and more easily, whereas with the RDA at 0.8-9 Ohm's It lasts half the day, then I need to swap it. I really want to get my nautilus working again, as it was great for travel( Bus, walking, wherever I was going it was a lovely tank) I have some 28 gauge on the way to make my own coil for it as I only own 26, but if that is no good I will just buy a pack of genuine coils. Bonus with that is I will also have some 28 gauge as well as my 15 meters of 26 gauge, for easier building of higher resistance coils.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok the wire thickness will also determine how fast that coil ramps up.
So the 30 ga. wire with same resistance is going to heat up faster than a 26 ga of the same resistance.

VU Sponsors