Become a Patron!

A few vaping questions that needs answered!

Hey guys! I'm so sorry if this isn't the correct thread, I'm horrible at picking which thread is correct!
Anyway, I have a few questions that I need answers to since I'm new to vaping. :D
  1. What is the difference between a top and a bottom-feeding tank?
  2. What is the difference between an eGo battery and a mod?
  3. What is the difference between a clearomizer and a cartomizer?
I don't want to be *that* person, but I need the answers to be very clear and understandable. Thank you all very much in advance!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey guys! I'm so sorry if this isn't the correct thread, I'm horrible at picking which thread is correct!
Anyway, I have a few questions that I need answers to since I'm new to vaping. :D
  1. What is the difference between a top and a bottom-feeding tank?
  2. What is the difference between an eGo battery and a mod?
  3. What is the difference between a clearomizer and a cartomizer?
I don't want to be *that* person, but I need the answers to be very clear and understandable. Thank you all very much in advance!

Welcome to the VU! :wave:

1. I'm gonna assume you mean top/bottom filling. Top - has a hole where you can fill the tank with juice without unscrewing it from the device. Bottom - has to be removed from device and base screwed off to fill.

2. eGo - generally used by beginner vapers, a variable voltage single battery pen like device. They take a clearomizer/cartomizer. Mod - mods come in all shapes, sizes, and limits. They range from 20watts to 300watts. They take a refillable tank or RDA/RTA. They operate in variable wattage or temperature control. They use 1-4 batteries. Mods are far more advanced than eGo's and caution is used when recommending to beginners.

3. Clearomizer - a small tank that uses a premade coil head for wicking. Cartomizer - has an outer casing around a full length channel of wicking.

3c5cae782f04a74cfb551fb0bab85e7c.jpg

My gear page may help you some... http://countrypami.blogspot.com/p/countrypamis-gear.html

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
1. There are tanks you open at the top to fill, and tanks you fill from the bottom. There is also a Bottom Feeder atomizer which is used on a squonker

2. Ego batteries are small, usually small capacity and small power output batteries. They include 510 and Ego threading, two sizes of threading to screw things onto them

3. Cartomizers look like cigarettes, small cylinders, and have very tiny heating coils

Clearomizers can vary widely in appearance, and can have varying heating coil type

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
2) ego is just a type of mod, for beginners. So all egos are mods, but not all mods are egos. When you say ego, you are talking only about that specific device, when you say mod, you are talking about any and all devices.

VU Sponsors