Become a Patron!

9-year-old sent to hospital after drinking 'Unicorn Milk' e-cigarette fluid

Nate. H

Member For 4 Years
I noticed the other day when messing with a child proof spin cap that i had to push hard and spin till it stopped and twist hard. I think my mistake has been twisting on until it locks just enough that it spins unless i push. So im thinking maybe the child proofing is there it could possibly be user error. And that goes for the sellers too because when i recieve the bottles they twist off easily. I want to know if anyone else can replicate and agree with my observation. I wish i could show what im doing cause im telling you it is much harder to get the caps off the way i put them on. On another note i would like to point out there other child deaths attributed to everyday household products that also resemble candy. There was alot of education on this stuf when i was in grade school... Did that stop or maybe they could specifically add ejuice to that education.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah don't stress it Mom...just wait till your darling daughter comes home with a case of the clap when she's 13...by all signs your parenting skills almost ensure it will happen. or maybe you should just buy your kid the occasional candy bar so she doesn't stick everything she finds on the ground in her mouth...I have to agree the woman is an imbecile for making a fuss over this....her kid faces far more dangers in this world than her habit of snacking out of dumpsters.
I wasn't aware there were northern snowflakes. Fucking dumb SOB's are getting thicker by the day and spreading north.

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This shit pisses me off, a couple kids that have parents that didn't teach them not to eat random shit they pick up off the ground and it's off to the races!!! Legislation is needed!! Think about the children!! I can't believe that evil vape man markets to children!! He must be in league with Satan!!! Last time I checked adults like candy too, I personally love junk food and sweet ejuice. Saying it's marketed to children is a load of horse shit, u have to go into a specialty shop where u have to be at least 18 to even SEE this juice. So obviously it's not the shop owners fault, or the juice makers fault. Wherever that bottle goes after it leaves the shop is now the responsibility of the person that made the purchase. Keep that shit put up!! And last time I checked juice is too damn expensive to just toss around and lose all over the damn country side. I have NEVER lost a bottle of juice when I was out in public in the 2+ years I have been vaping. So in conclusion if your kid is too damn dumb not to know to that he/she shouldn't eat random crap off the ground by the time they are in the 5th grade than as a parent u have failed, and probably shouldn't have bred in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
According to the article, there was a poison symbol on the label. What kid is so dumb that they see a skull and crossbones and go ahead and consume the contents?

Heck, when I was little, I knew not to consume random stuff, especially if it had skull and crossbones on it. My sister, who resented having a baby brother, even tried more than once to get me to drink stuff from under the sink when I was around 3 or 4 yrs old, but I knew enough to not do it and that the skull and crossbones on some of those bottles meant it'd kill ya.

Maybe kids today don't know what that symbol means? They have, after all, removed lots of the violence from cartoons, whereas when I was a kid, you learned from cartoons that if it had skull & crossbones on it, and you drank it, you died. If it had POISON on it, you died. If you got shot, you died. If you played with dynamite, you died (yes, not that long ago it was easy for an individual to buy dynamite). If you got stabbed, you died. If you fell from a high ledge, you either died or ended up with lots of broken bones. So, perhaps we have the cleansing of the cartoons and keeping kids swaddled until they're 21 to blame? Sure, the cartoons did a poor job of explaining what death is, since they showed the characters becoming ghosts or being alive in the next cartoon, but nonetheless. . .

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nothing to add really. Y'all got it covered. I especially like outwest's post about cartoons. Bugs Bunny has saved my day more than once lol.

"Stupid people shouldn't breed" is fun to say and all, but Eugenics doesn't work. May as well try to rid the world of gingers and lefties.

Maybe mom comes from a long line of shitty parents. Family traditions are strong lol.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My daughter that just turned 6 knows not to put random crap in her mouth. I don't have to hide anything or put it out of reach because she won't touch it unless she asks me or I tell her to. I have firearms around my house that she wouldn't dream of touching because I told her and showed her what they can and will do. Granted I have a smart daughter and I'm a good father but ffs at 9 you should know not to put random crap you found on the ground in your mouth. Like that 12 girl that chocked on a fidget spinner bearing, parents please for the love of God tell your kids to stop putting crap in their mouth.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The bottom few paragraphs summed up about all I needed from this article and why it was published...Federal bullshit awaiting approval.

For parents who read this that wont see any comments to bring common sense back...like these bullet points mentioned previously.

• Schools are responsible for keeping grounds cleaned prior to children running about on them.
  • Schools are responsible for making claims when children are sick on property - the school didnt care to shed light on this???
  • The "Parent" had the Intoxicant AFTER child was poisoned with it....they dont let you keep it like a souvenir....
  • Unicorn Milk is garbage juice....dont forget some actual flavoring to go with the sweetener and nic....
  • This kid is 9 years old and poisoned itself...Im not sure how this is a case of the eliquids fault...no matter what the label had on it.
  • Kids have been charged as an adult at his age....but this specific kid has no common sense or instinctive capacity...maybe should be with a guardian at all times.
  • The mom seems to look somewhat excited holding the bottle...shes happy to show that it was eliquid like a check was due now?
  • Who was keeping an eye on these kids? I dont remember not ever having a teacher around in school...

The school should be held responsible...not the vape industry. The mother needs to attend the betty ford university on how to raise a child and someone needs to buy a juice that tastes better then turds...

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the kid had found some oxycontin, or some other powerful drug, and ingested it and got ill or died, who would be blamed? Certainly not the company that made it. Some poor bastard from the school would probably lose their job and everyone would be happy.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another point that bothers me is if my 9 year old child in 5th grade could not read enough on that bottle to know I better not open this I would be looking for a new School.. That is just my opinion right or wrong the kid should of been able to read.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
I don't think it's right to blame the school for all of the ineptitude. It's up to the parents to ensure their child is up to par. I have my daughter who literally just turned 6 last week doing multiplication and division, reading and cursive writing well above her grade level. It's not that she is a genius or anything just that we work with her all the time on this stuff. I have made math into a fun game that she loves to play. Everything is up to the parents not just the school. But you are right in the fact that sometimes a school change is needed especially in public schools.

VU Sponsors