Become a Patron!

60 Amp Battery

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I picked up a new 18650 over the weekend. It is manufactured by Aosibo. The labeling on the battery says that it is 3.7 V and 2600 mAh. It is also labeled as 60 Amps, I have never seen any that high. Wondering if anyone else has heard of these or has any comment about them in general, Thanks.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You're talking about this one right? http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Aosibo IMR18650 2600mAh (Yellow) UK.html

It's not a horrible battery, but it can't handle anywhere near 60A. If you look at the chart even at 30A it's pretty much completely unusable dropping to 3.2-3.3V immediately with a full charge. Looks like if you use it at 15A or less it's not bad. Still would recommend a Samsung 25R or LG HE2 over this though, or a VTC4 if you're really looking for 30A..

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The 60A is the pulse rating. The continuous discharge rating is an overstated 30A.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If jon@Liion says they are shit, then I am going to trust his word on that.
Besides the sag on the 30 is just plain junk for vaping with.

Hah, I'm not really saying they're bad. Probably a legitimate competitor to the 20A batteries like the 25R and HE2. Just don't expect them to handle 30 or especially 60A.

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the info guys. All my mods are protected so I think I'll be ok. The shill.... I mean the kid working at the store was trying to make the point that since the Amp rating was so high on the battery that it would still hit like a beast even when the charge was down to less than 10 percent. I was kind of doubtful about that.... but I haven't bought any new toys for a while so I gave it a try.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info guys. All my mods are protected so I think I'll be ok. The shill.... I mean the kid working at the store was trying to make the point that since the Amp rating was so high on the battery that it would still hit like a beast even when the charge was down to less than 10 percent. I was kind of doubtful about that.... but I haven't bought any new toys for a while so I gave it a try.

No, shill is the right word for him. It's a shit battery. High amp ratings don't equate to hitting like a freight train. That has to do with voltage. Simply put it will hit like a beast when its voltage is high. Now, you'll never know how long that will last for since the company that plucked this battery out of the C bin didn't put the proper mAh rating on it. With a Samsung or LG or Sony we know how long they'll last since they actually put the proper mAh on the battery.

Sorry the shill took you and your money for a ride.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, theoretically if it really had been able to handle those kinds of amps, that would imply the internal resistance was super low. Then if you ran it at reasonable amps that would mean the voltage would sag very little. So you would get more high voltage operation even when the battery was near drained.

But this battery is actually the opposite, it surprisingly looks like it can give its full capacity at 30A, but the voltage just sags into nothingness, implying the internal resistance is higher than other batteries that can go that long at that high of a current.

So anyway the kid wasn't totally talking nonsense, it's just it doesn't apply to this particular battery :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Does anyone here know about the Basen 18650 X 3100mAh x 20 amp continuous rated batteries?

http://www.basengroup.com/product_view.asp?id=51

Never heard of them and they sound like a dream come true.

Which instantly raises the hair on the back of my neck!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Basen is basically a rewrapper. I would guess it's a 3000 mAh LG or Samsung underneath.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone. I picked up a new 18650 over the weekend. It is manufactured by Aosibo. The labeling on the battery says that it is 3.7 V and 2600 mAh. It is also labeled as 60 Amps, I have never seen any that high. Wondering if anyone else has heard of these or has any comment about them in general, Thanks.
Sorry, I have nothing to add to this thread, I just felt compelled to say,

Huge anus

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Huge anus

Is that your preferred brand of battery?

What are the specs (and I already regret asking this)?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Basen is basically a rewrapper. I would guess it's a 3000 mAh LG or Samsung underneath.

Yep, from the positive terminal design it looks like probably a Samsung 30Q. Typical battery rewrapper thing to take a 3000mAh battery and call it a 3100 and hope nobody notices.

Is that your preferred brand of battery?

What are the specs (and I already regret asking this)?

We....we don't carry those so you're on your own for that.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would not trust it period.
If they cannot be trusted enough to put the correct specs I will not trust it enough to put it in my mod.

Yeah, me either.

The scary thing about skipping specs is that the vendor re-wrapping may be leaving off the chemistry and using a battery that isn't what you expect.

I'd hate to get a battery that ends up being dangerous.

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Huge anus
Lol Pauly. I prefer the pronunciation with a short A in my last name... Like the way it sounds in the word "asshole". Janus. LMAO.

Here is spec for this battery:
Product Description

Aosibo imr18650 2600mah 60amp 3.7v high drain lithium ion battery
Brand Aosibo
Model imr18650 2600
Dimension (D)18.2mm*(L)65.02mm
Nominal capacity 2600mAh
Nominal voltage 3.7V
Charging voltage 4.2V ± 0.5V
Discharging cut-off Voltage 2.5V
Max discharge rate 60A
Price wholesale price
Customize yes
Weight 48g
Cycle life more than 500 times
Operating temperature Discharge temperature range: -20°C—60°
Charge temperature range: 0°C—45°C
Storage temperature 1 year: -20°C—25°C
3 months: -20°C—45°
1 month: -20°C—60°C

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is spec for this battery:
Product Description

Aosibo imr18650 2600mah 60amp 3.7v high drain lithium ion battery
Brand Aosibo
Model imr18650 2600
Dimension (D)18.2mm*(L)65.02mm
Nominal capacity 2600mAh
Nominal voltage 3.7V
Charging voltage 4.2V ± 0.5V
Discharging cut-off Voltage 2.5V
Max discharge rate 60A
Price wholesale price
Customize yes
Weight 48g
Cycle life more than 500 times
Operating temperature Discharge temperature range: -20°C—60°
Charge temperature range: 0°C—45°C
Storage temperature 1 year: -20°C—25°C
3 months: -20°C—45°
1 month: -20°C—60°C
Shill or fucking stupid?

WiSK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're talking about this one right? http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Aosibo IMR18650 2600mAh (Yellow) UK.html

It's not a horrible battery, but it can't handle anywhere near 60A. If you look at the chart even at 30A it's pretty much completely unusable dropping to 3.2-3.3V immediately with a full charge. Looks like if you use it at 15A or less it's not bad. Still would recommend a Samsung 25R or LG HE2 over this though, or a VTC4 if you're really looking for 30A..

The tests at lygte-info that you quote show that, while the 25R and HE2 start a little bit higher voltage when freshy charged, they soon (15-30 mins) drop to similar or lower voltage as the Aosibo (see attachment). If you are using a regulated VW mod, the Aosibo will outlast both of those batteries at both 20A and 30A.

And before BigNasty calls me a shill as well - yes, I read Mooch's review... I wouldn't buy Aosibo anyway because of temperature/QC issues, just felt the point needed to be made that 3.2V is not a remarkable voltage drop at that high current.

Theoretically this would be an ideal battery for single-18650 mods like SXmini and VTCmini when operating at 50W-75W. Shame about the dubious quality.

Attachments

• aosibio-lghe2.png
    aosibio-lghe2.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 6

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tests at lygte-info that you quote show that, while the 25R and HE2 start a little bit higher voltage when freshy charged, they soon (15-30 mins) drop to similar or lower voltage as the Aosibo (see attachment). If you are using a regulated VW mod, the Aosibo will outlast both of those batteries at both 20A and 30A.

And before BigNasty calls me a shill as well - yes, I read Mooch's review... I wouldn't buy Aosibo anyway because of temperature/QC issues, just felt the point needed to be made that 3.2V is not a remarkable voltage droop at that high current.

Theoretically this would be an ideal battery for single-18650 mods like SXmini and VTCmini when operating at 50W-75W. Shame about the dubious quality.

I'm just going to throw this out there. It's probably a rewrapped 25r to begin with.

WiSK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm just going to throw this out there. It's probably a rewrapped 25r to begin with.

Nah, the discharge curves are very different. You can use the compare tool at lygte-info.dk to make the graph for the Aosibo v the 25R, just like I did in my previous post for the HE2. You can see it clearly has a different chemistry.

I have to admit I initially had the same thought. But went through all the 18650 batteries listed on lygte-info's compare tool. It's not like anything else, at least in terms of discharge.

If onlylithium batteries weren't so dangerous, reviewers might be more inclined to open them up and see which cells are used. Computer PSU reviews often open up the box and see the quality of the subcomponents, which gives better understanding of measurable test results and expected MTBW (mean time between failures).

VU Sponsors