Become a Patron!

6 core Aliens

PristineCoils

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is 24awg the right decore? Maybe my stretch isn't right, looking for some feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_20170502_223706_637.jpg
    IMG_20170502_223706_637.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 80
  • gif_05-03-07.49.16.gif
    gif_05-03-07.49.16.gif
    163 KB · Views: 74

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6x what? 32, 30 or 28g?
You can still follow the 3x rule until you get a bit wider.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good to me, Like @whiteowl84 mentioned if u will stick to the 3:1 ratio u will be fine.
28 AWG = 0,321 x 6 : 3 = 0,642 (22 AWG)
30 AWG = 0,255 x 6 : 3 = 0,51 (24 AWG)
32 AWG = 0,202 x 6 : 3 = 0,404 (26 AWG)

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I won't try a alien build but to me they look wonderful. Much more patience than I have
It's really not that difficult, if you have good swivels and can keep your cores straight. If you can make a triple-fused clapton, you can make an alien. But you'll never make them if you don't try ;)

Swaglife81

Member For 4 Years
It's really not that difficult, if you have good swivels and can keep your cores straight. If you can make a triple-fused clapton, you can make an alien. But you'll never make them if you don't try ;)

I agree and lately seen some neat ways to make the Clapton/spacing/etc process faster but I'm not ready yet with equipment. I'm ready to get a upgrade in the box mod area and a few RTAs as well as a good amount of juice since I'm almost fully out so my vaping budget is looking like I'm gonna spend $200 plus on all that aside from equipment. I found a company in the us called fog heaven which I hope are good quality that sells 10 packs for $6.99 of all the usual builds. I want to do the testing of coils first before getting into what I want to build and if I want to.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree and lately seen some neat ways to make the Clapton/spacing/etc process faster but I'm not ready yet with equipment. I'm ready to get a upgrade in the box mod area and a few RTAs as well as a good amount of juice since I'm almost fully out so my vaping budget is looking like I'm gonna spend $200 plus on all that aside from equipment. I found a company in the us called fog heaven which I hope are good quality that sells 10 packs for $6.99 of all the usual builds. I want to do the testing of coils first before getting into what I want to build and if I want to.
Cheap prebuilt coils are not necessarily always very representative of how a certain type of coil build will perform. (In my own personal experience, that is.) There's simply too many variables at play, like the thickness of each individual wire/strand, the type of metal used in each one (Kanthal/SS/Nichrome80, etc.), the inner diameter of the coil, the number of wraps... and how the setup (the atomizer and the mod, which also includes airflow adjustments and optional settings of the regulated mod, as well as the batteries used) will interact with all of that combined AND with the type of juice that you vape. Just how you wick your coils can have a profound impact on the quality of the vape, and on how the quality is perceived. Not saying practical experiments with premade coils are useless. Just that impressions based on them tend to be often skewed... a lot.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good to me, Like @whiteowl84 mentioned if u will stick to the 3:1 ratio u will be fine.
28 AWG = 0,321 x 6 : 3 = 0,642 (22 AWG)
30 AWG = 0,255 x 6 : 3 = 0,51 (24 AWG)
32 AWG = 0,202 x 6 : 3 = 0,404 (26 AWG)
Is there a chart or thread that has more of these ratios on it? Never knew about the 3x rule, just started building about a month ago and am hooked. You guys that are advanced coil builders my jaw drops at what you guys/gals produce. Seriously it's art and intrigues me to be a sponge and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Thanks Keeps on a vapin. ☺️

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there a chart or thread that has more of these ratios on it? Never knew about the 3x rule, just started building about a month ago and am hooked. You guys that are advanced coil builders my jaw drops at what you guys/gals produce. Seriously it's art and intrigues me to be a sponge and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Thanks Keeps on a vapin.
There aren't many ratios.
Aliens are 3:1 width wise and 2:3 length ways meaning you need a decore 50% longer than what you're trying to wrap.
The 3:1 ratio isn't perfect though. At 26g it's pretty close but 24g will cover more than 3x it's own width because it's a bigger circle and 22g covers even more still. 3:1 is kind of a minimum for 24g and up while it's a maximum for 26g.

Enigmas are on a 6:1 ratio so your core needs to be 6x wider than your decore and the decore needs to be done on the same size wire as your frames.

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There aren't many ratios.
Aliens are 3:1 width wise and 2:3 length ways meaning you need a decore 50% longer than what you're trying to wrap.
The 3:1 ratio isn't perfect though. At 26g it's pretty close but 24g will cover more than 3x it's own width because it's a bigger circle and 22g covers even more still. 3:1 is kind of a minimum for 24g and up while it's a maximum for 26g.

Enigmas are on a 6:1 ratio so your core needs to be 6x wider than your decore and the decore needs to be done on the same size wire as your frames.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up and explanation on the ratio thing.

PristineCoils

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks bro a lot of hard work went into getting these just right. I got alot more builds I'm putting up soon.

VU Sponsors