Become a Patron!

50w Eleaf istic. Wats best rebuildable tank to go with it for clouds?

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping a while now but just upgraded my setup. I now have an I stick 50w and a kangertech subtank mini but my new tank just not doin it for me with the amount of vape I'm getting.

Does any one have an opinion on what may be a better choice?

Lisa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping a while now but just upgraded my setup. I now have an I stick 50w and a kangertech subtank mini but my new tank just not doin it for me with the amount of vape I'm getting.

Lisa

Then try a Herakles tank which produces way more clouds, and can use up to 70 watts

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're gonna want an rda to start blowing some clouds. Are you willing to start building? If not, then I would recommend getting an Atlantis V2, Arctic, Freemax Starre, Herakles, or High Voltage. All of these will blow some pretty decent clouds.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks smokie will def look into the Herakles in next couple of days.
Yeah I'm willing to start building and was thinking of goin the rad route taste my toast. Iv bin looking up just not sure what would be best to go with. Thanks for the info.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lisa

Do you want massive clouds or clouds with lots of flavor? I can spec out RDA's and tanks, but you need to let me know what you're going after.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A combo of the two really. I want the massive clouds but also I want as much flavour as possible with out compromising the size of the clouds if that makes sense.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far the most satisfying tank (cloud tank) I've tried is the Maganus, the Atlantis is a VERY close second for sure. They are way ahead the Kanger's in my opinion.

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up I'll take a look soon

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using stock Subtank coils? If so, have you tried gently poking a couple holes in the wicking on each side with a needle? Night and day difference for me, I couldn't get my Subtank above 20 watts and performance was way below what I'd been expecting - saw this trick in a video and immediately I could push the tank to 25-28 watts and nearly doubled the cloud production while keeping the flavor...

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently using the coil it came with and just rewicked for the first time (another post for another day) lol. Not some thing I would av thought of but I'll give it a try :) to be honest I love the flavour just want the bigger clouds with it

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was using my friends Arctic Tank with a .2 ohm coil and I really liked the flavor I was getting off of that and the vapor....But I was pushing 65 watts threw it on a Segelei 100 watt plus. The Istick 50 watt can fire a .2 ohm coil so it might be something to consider. The most I've gotten out of stock OCC head is 30 watts so far and that was with a 50/50 liquid...I think for a reasonably priced tank it produces a decent amount of vapor but higher watts than that and it feels like it can't keep up wicking wise.

But really...how much vapor are you going for? You can try a higher VG level in your juice as well if you're vaping a lower VG content. You're going to need a dripper to really put out more vapor than the tanks listed above do. Don't get me wrong...I love to blow some clouds...but my old Kayfun with a 1.4 ohm coil at 12-15 watts will satisfy my vape needs on the go all day just fine and it's definately not winning any cloud contests. If you're trying to create a scottish morning fog in your living room you're going to need an RDA for that sure.

Something to keep in mind even though you don't have to worry about it so much with the sub ohm tanks...even with the .2 coils you can only push 50 watts with your device so you don't have to worry too much about it but if you decide to upgrade in the future to something like a Segelei 150 there is only so many watts you can push on a coil before you start to fry your liquid and you're giving up flavor for vapor production.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm currently using the coil it came with and just rewicked for the first time (another post for another day) lol. Not some thing I would av thought of but I'll give it a try :) to be honest I love the flavour just want the bigger clouds with it

Also, if you're using the RBA it came with I've heard of people marking the top cap to align with the juice channels on the base when snugged down and filing some grooves into it in order to increase juice flow - I just installed my second stock coil today and at this rate it'll be months before I play with the RBA, but I intend to try this as well due to my penchant for max-VG juices.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gave my RDA deck for my Subtank mini to my friend with the Arctic tank I was using for a bit because I didn't like it...I think they made the juice channels way too small in that thing and I just rebuild the OCC heads to my liking :)

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iv bin using mine a few days now and don't really have any trouble with it. I wick mine a certain way n I'm nt a chain vaper any way so gives it Time for the liquid to soak up although occasionally I close off the air flow n n take a couple of pulls without firing I up if I want more juice quickly

jesse james

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love my subtank mini and istick 50 together but I also just use the rba, not the pre built occ heads. I have quite a few other RTA'S too and I still think the mini is pretty kick ass in the flavor department. but like I said Im building my own coils and wicking it the way I want too

Toyotaslave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a Joyetech Delta 2 on my iStick 50. The .5 heads are great at 35 watts with higher VG juices. I also got the RBA section and have been playing with that with higher ohms. So far I have no complaints. I can for the room up, or choke the air back a tad and get some really great flavor.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me clarify my last post...I love the Arctic tank, but I borrowed it from a friend....a friend who I happened to give my Subtank RDA deck to and that's why I got to borrow it, Love the Arctic tank, love it :)

Tomas leach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally I found the subtank using the rda with a clapton was absolutely perfect. I used my rda for a while and flipped back to the tank and was pleasently surprised with the cloud production and flavour. But I've found its all personal preference in the end.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Personally I found the subtank using the rda with a clapton was absolutely perfect. I used my rda for a while and flipped back to the tank and was pleasently surprised with the cloud production and flavour. But I've found its all personal preference in the end.

I've always said vaping was a highly personable thing and all about personal taste. I can give recommendations off my experience but I can't tell you what you'll like...you'll have to vape it for yourself. But in my humble opinion...with it's little tiny juice flow channels I just don't see how the RDA deck of the Subtanks outperform the OCC coils rebuilt and opted for personal preference....the wicking is like two completely different tanks and from experience with owning several Kayfun clones by different manufacturers that the one's with the smaller juice channels just took so much time and effort to learn to wick exactly right and were still out performed by their larger juice channeled cousins that the little tiny ports of the RDA deck can keep up for more than a couple hits at a time. Granted I didn't use it really haven't tried it on an ADV basis but I haven't had the need...my rebuilt OCC heads do the job just fine. But I am always delighted to hear of another satisfied vapor :)

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the advice sugestions and opinions guys. I think today I just spend a lil bit of money on a couple of new rda's and see what I come up with. Never be any harm to have a couple of back ups.
My subtank ain't bad n it's not that I hate it or any thing. Infact it's fine for everyday all day vaping but I just wanted some thing a little more for the evenings I can truly relax n av sum fun with :)

Tomas leach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always said vaping was a highly personable thing and all about personal taste. I can give recommendations off my experience but I can't tell you what you'll like...you'll have to vape it for yourself. But in my humble opinion...with it's little tiny juice flow channels I just don't see how the RDA deck of the Subtanks outperform the OCC coils rebuilt and opted for personal preference....the wicking is like two completely different tanks and from experience with owning several Kayfun clones by different manufacturers that the one's with the smaller juice channels just took so much time and effort to learn to wick exactly right and were still out performed by their larger juice channeled cousins that the little tiny ports of the RDA deck can keep up for more than a couple hits at a time. Granted I didn't use it really haven't tried it on an ADV basis but I haven't had the need...my rebuilt OCC heads do the job just fine. But I am always delighted to hear of another satisfied vapor :)
See. I did find the juice channels to be small in comparison to the occ coils. So with some patience and a Dremel. I had larger channels. Made for a totally different world out of the subtank.

VU Sponsors