Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/5-signs-your-kid-is-vaping-1278992099139638.html

1. The scent – “E-cig vapor can have no odor at all, which is part of the appeal,” says Laura Offutt, MD, founder of the teen health website Real Talk With Dr. Offutt. That said, the vapor can be flavored, so if you suddenly catch a whiff of fruit punch, bubble gum or mint – and you can find no juice containers, gum or candy wrappers – that could be a red flag.

OR your kid may be chewing gum or drinking fruit punch???

2. “Pens” that aren’t pens – “Another thing that I think is helpful for parents to be aware of is that e-cigarettes or vaporizers can look like many things,” says Offutt. “They can look like thumb drives, or pens, or like a stylus.” So if you spot something along these lines, take a closer look, and if there are holes on each end, you’ve probably got an e-cig in your hands.

I have yet to EVER find the elusive USB drive ecig.

But you better believe that parents will be freaking out and throwing away their kids thesis papers and homecoming pics when they freak and flush every USB drive in the house down the toilet.

3. Copious sipping of liquids. One major ingredient in the vaporized liquid in e-cigs is propylene glycol, which is “hygroscopic” – meaning it attracts and holds water molecules from its environment, like the mouth. According to Genovese, this can lead e-cig users to have a constant state of dry mouth, which can be alleviated by quaffing more drinks. Dry skin is another common side effect.

Or they could have cottonmouth from a green vegetable like substance.
But who gives a shit about that as long as they aren't nasty filthy vapers.

4. Nose bleeds. The water-holding effect of e-cig vapor can also dry out the nasal passages, leading to bloody noses.

You've got to be fucking kidding me!!!
If your kid is getting nosebleeds regularly you need to get him/her in to drug treatment right away for their raging c*caine addiction.
Vaping high VG makes my nose run.

5. Passing on caffeine. Some e-cig users develop a sensitivity to caffeine, and curb their caffeine intake. So if your teen is suddenly passing on the Red Bulls they used to chug often, vaping may be to blame.

If your kid is pounding red bulls isn't that a problem in itself?
Maybe you can suggest vaping instead since kids have been known to DIE from drinking energy drinks in excess.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/10/2...onster-energy-a-high-caffeine-drink.html?_r=0

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/monster-energy-drink-linked-to-another-teens-death-lawsuit-filed/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-abnormal-heart-rhythms-past-three-years.html

(I winder how come nutcases aren't coming out of the woodworks claiming that "Big Caffeine" is killing the children?)

OK, So these people are fucking clueless and stupid.
Let me make a list for them:

1) If you find little blue screwdrivers all over the place.
Your kid may be vaping.

2) If your son goes out of his way to grow a neckbeard.
Your kid may be vaping.

3) If you find even one 18650 lithium battery in your house.
Your kid may be vaping.

4) If you walk into your kids room on a sunny day and it's cloudy in his/her room.
Your kid may be vaping.

5) if you can manage to find your way to this mysterious place called the Internet you can find a place.
It's called FACEBOOK.
You can create an account and send a friend request to one of your son/daughters friends.
Since their facebook is usually set up so friends of friends can see your page you are in.
You can now know everything your kid did from the day they joined facebook on.
They post everything.
Kids don't even take a shit without announcing it on facebook nowadays.
Look for the groups your kid is a member of. If it's 75 different vape groups
Your kid may be vaping

At the end of the day if your kid is vaping you can breath a sigh of relief.
At least they are not smoking tobacco cigarettes. - 5150

Last edited:

VU Sponsors