Become a Patron!

5 flavors, need help/adjustments on juice.

TheVapingCowboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so been trying to get my liquid down but still have not perfected it.
I started by doing all solo flavors and getting my %'s the way I like them.
The results are: these are all flavour art.
Lemon Sicily : 4%
Citrus : 2%
Strawberry : 4%
Apple : 6%
Mango : 6%
I them halved them all and made a 28ml bottle, it had quite a bite on it so I used 7 drops of smooth and it helped a bit.
A day later it's got a slight bite, I tested a 5% em in a 1ml tester batch to try and sweeten the juice overall.

Did I do the flavors right or should I have reduced all flavors by 5 instead of half?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a little confused. If you halved them, are you saying the percentages were more like
2% Lemon
1% Citrus
and so on?

Those percentages sound really high.

TheVapingCowboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes you are correct. As a standalone liquid I like each one at the %'s I posted.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes you are correct. As a standalone liquid I like each one at the %'s I posted.

If you're adding up the total percentages in your first post that's 22% flavoring. Even halved, that's a total of 11% flavoring, which is pretty high for FA. I would perhaps reduce them all further, keeping the same proportions. Or, easier still, just make a base of those flavors and try the total flavoring at a much lesser total percentage - say 6%. And you shouldn't have to use any additives with those flavors - try it at a much lower percentage first.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would start with 1% across the board. If there's one flavor in particular that you'd like to stand out, I might lower some to .5-.75 and raise the stand out one to 1.25-1.5.

Does that make any sense?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd also start by only make 3-5ml testers. Otherwise, you'll be wasting too much.

TheVapingCowboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It sure does, so in total I'm looking for 5-7% total with fa? I was under the assumption it was each flavor.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I would start with 1% on all of them and vape that for awhile. some are going to stand out more than others then you can adjust those to your liking. I also like my FA total combined flavoring between 4-8% max or 2-3% single use

VU Sponsors