Become a Patron!

%?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Just got some strawberries and cream flavoring and don't want to waste too much. Really liked the flavor when I bought the ejuice so I thought I would try to make some. Can anyone tell me approximately what % of flavor to start at? Also have sweet cream and whipped cream flavoring if needed.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It also varies WILDLY from person to person; people still gape open-mouthed at the high percentages I use, which is immaterial to me -- i want to *taste* my vape, not just smell it. If someone tells you to use 2% or 4%, and you try 8% and it still tastes like barely-flavored water... then it's time to double it again to 16% to see if it actually CAN be tasted.

The best suggestion is that when you're mixing something for the first time and don't have any idea how much flavoring or in what ratio the various flavors should be (there really aren't any flavors that are perfect all by themselves), mix only about 6ml, to test -- if it's good, you can make more; if it's terrible or just can't taste it, you haven't wasted much. Most folks say 5ml, but even numbers of ml's are easier to deal with, when the quantity is that small -- you generally stay in the hundredths-of-ml's, rather than going another decimal place into thousandths. Rule of thumb: about 50%, main flavor; about 50%, supporting flavors (vanillas, creams, sweetener, other additives).

Andria

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
We need to know who makes the flavor. % can vary by vendor.
My flavors are all TFA. Unfortunately the only strawberry I have is the strawberries and cream.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My flavors are all TFA. Unfortunately the only strawberry I have is the strawberries and cream.

With TFA flavors, it's ALWAYS the case that you will need those "supporting flavors" -- TFA flavors aren't meant to be edifices in their own right, but rather building blocks to create the flavor you want.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

10-12%

Personally, I always start on the high side (12%) as I prefer the higher percentages. For most, they start on the low side and see if it's good for them then adjust up. I'm backwards, lol.

I look up recomended percentages on lists like these for new flavors;

https://www.cloudhousevapor.com/tfa-recommended-blends

https://www.scribd.com/doc/193163606/TFA-The-flavor-apprentice-E-LiquidBase-Flavor-Percentages

Unfortunately I cleaned my computer awhile back and deleted all my good links to lists for different brands but you should be able to find good ones. Just search for "flavor percentages" for the different brands such as "TFA flavor percentages".

Last edited:

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
10-12%

Personally, I always start on the high side (12%) as I prefer the higher percentages. For most, they start on the low side and see if it's good for them then adjust up. I'm backwards, lol.

I look up recomended percentages on lists like these for new flavors;

https://www.cloudhousevapor.com/tfa-recommended-blends

https://www.scribd.com/doc/193163606/TFA-The-flavor-apprentice-E-LiquidBase-Flavor-Percentages

Unfortunately I cleaned my computer awhile back and deleted all my good links to lists for different brands but you should be able to find good ones. Just search for "flavor percentages" for the different brands such as "TFA flavor percentages".
This is the recipe I came up with using what I had in my supply. Actually don't taste too bad. Has room for improvement though. I can taste the strawberries but the cream is very light, so I will probably increase the sweet cream a little. As far as the Irish cream flavoring I have, I found a simple recipe with only 2 flavors that I'm going to try called Buttery Nipple.Screenshot_20180512-152643.jpegScreenshot_20180512-145931.jpeg

VU Sponsors