Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://truthinitiative.org/news/4-out-5-youth-overestimate-e-cigarette-or-cigarette-use-among-peers

Overestimating use should be considered a good thing should't it?
Wouldn't that mean when teens say "Everyone's doing it" they are bullshitting you?
Good right?

Not according to the "truth" initiative.

The data suggest that “youth still continue to be exposed to pro-tobacco social influences which could perpetuate the impression that e-cigarette use is more common than it actually is"

Pro-tobacco social influences?
So is that what they are calling smokers now?

I have a feeling if someone where to pull up the data that teens overestimate just about every adult / illicit substance use.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Both of my children were in college when I started vaping.

And even then, the press and the asshats at the FDA were trying to Protect The Children from vaping.

I asked them both to keep an eye open for fellow students that vaped.

Neither one of them ever saw their fellow students vaping.

Just smoking and that was not very prevalent at all!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://truthinitiative.org/news/4-out-5-youth-overestimate-e-cigarette-or-cigarette-use-among-peers

Overestimating use should be considered a good thing should't it?
Wouldn't that mean when teens say "Everyone's doing it" they are bullshitting you?
Good right?

Not according to the "truth" initiative.

The data suggest that “youth still continue to be exposed to pro-tobacco social influences which could perpetuate the impression that e-cigarette use is more common than it actually is"

Pro-tobacco social influences?
So is that what they are calling smokers now?

I have a feeling if someone where to pull up the data that teens overestimate just about every adult / illicit substance use.

Anytime you hear "everybody is..." you can be sure it is bullshit

These so-called youth surveys really piss me off

In our school district, the board of education absolutely freaked when the "school climate survey" revealed 10% were drinking regularly, and about 20 percent smoking cigarettes amongst other behaviors that scare the shit out of the mamby pamby crowd

However, these surveys - which were mandatory unless parents opted out (I pulled my kids all but one year when they begged me to allow it) had a margin of error of almost 13 percent - which meant as many as ZERO kids drank or smoked or the number could have been much higher - which means WORTHLESS

Plus, a lot of kids will use the anonymous survey to pretend to be cool and say they are doing things they are not

VU Sponsors